Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, cowboysdreamer said:

O.K. Dez was released and it's not about the $ signs it's the attitude adjustment he needed to take which he never did, you never put yourself before the TEAM on or off the field, it sure looks like Stephen Jones is trying to put his stamp on this TEAM and for DAK not being able to not throw for over 200 yds./ game is really over exaggerated I never heard anyone complaining about his 2016 season. We Cowboy fans need to stop crying over spilled milk Dez is gone and now the Cowboys begin a new chapter . Let's all sit back and see how it plays out. Like I stated in other blogs the Cowboy's philosophy is ball control and now Zeke is the #1 star in Cowboy's Nation not Dez , so the Cowboys now begin to put in place pieces around him to help stretch the field and  a ball possession  style of game. 

Over exaggerated? He made the offense one dimensional with his inaccuracy and inconsistency

im not expecting a repeat of 2016 for dak cause the NFL has tape on him now

zeke better be ready to see 9 in the box now, our wr core is garbage, no one worth of a double team

Well, I will bet this: If we don't go deep into playoffs this year, because/and Dak isn't the future, then everyone gets fired! Blow it up. 

The pressure is on. I hope they are right. In a perfect world Dez will do really well, and we will succeed without him. Hope Dak doesn't look horrible without a constantly doubled, #1 WR.

50 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm quoting all of you every-time when Dak goes off this year every game. Entitlement from a young developing QB is off the charts right now.

Well make sure you post for other reasons as well otherwise we may never hear from you again. When he goes off every game? In his 32 game career he is averaging 218 passing yards and 1.4 TDs per game.  He has put up over 300 yards exactly 3 times in his career. 3 of 32. He couldn't reach 150 yards in 3 games last year alone.

Feel free to come roast us every blue moon when Dak goes off. I'm sure he will have a good game or 2. I don't doubt it at all. As long as we can come after you every time Dak fails to hit 250 yards. Which happens a lot.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Well make sure you post for other reasons as well otherwise we may never hear from you again. When he goes off every game? In his 32 game career he is averaging 218 passing yards and 1.4 TDs per game.  He has put up over 300 yards exactly 3 times in his career. 3 of 32. He couldn't reach 150 yards in 3 games last year alone.

Feel free to come roast us every blue moon when Dak goes off. I'm sure he will have a good game or 2. I don't doubt it at all. As long as we can come after you every time Dak fails to hit 250 yards. Which happens a lot.

I’m really hoping this year he really pushes himself to take some chances and trust his reads and sling it. Being a young QB I’m not surprised he didn’t want to risk a turnover but that fear will hold this offense back. I’m hoping now that he has had the struggles early he will build on what went right and what didn’t. Progress. Sadly I don’t see that with a QB Coach who was just your teammate a season ago.

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You faulted him earlier for the eagles game but failed to acknowledge the AZ cardinals game. We have a young developing QB , like most are. We just happened to be blessed with above .500 seasons both times. Nothing is guaranteed when you take such a big step to develop the growth of a young QB.

At this point you just want to see what you want to see without having any sense context of the situation we are in. I'm not a Dak diehard fan and will admit he has tons of areas to improve.

BUT to roast him and throw his accomplishments in the ground in his first two years like you have done is unacceptable. You can say "oh any other rookie QB could have done what he did" , but very few QB's can handle the circus that is our franchise , and I am very proud of the way he handled turmoil off the field with other teammates (romo and zeke) last two years.

It's the best example of lack of appreciation. It's just bratty.

You can throw his name in the dirt, I'm just choosing to appreciate what he has done given his experience.

Every fan likes to say they are patient when they want to get a young QB and wait for success but I see that get thrown out the window very quickly when the situation is presented in front of him. I'll stand by him and will admit I was wrong when it is time but I won't have lack of awareness of the situation like you have right now.

Key word is growth. The problem with us is that we have been spoiled by his maturity. We expect too much now.

From Romo we got production but not enough wins. We complained about that. From Prescott we got blessed with wins initially and didn't get production. We complained about that.

Just give the man some time to develop for christ sake. btw he isn't doing that bad in the win column either.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I’m really hoping this year he really pushes himself to take some chances and trust his reads and sling it. Being a young QB I’m not surprised he didn’t want to risk a turnover but that fear will hold this offense back. I’m hoping now that he has had the struggles early he will build on what went right and what didn’t. Progress. Sadly I don’t see that with a QB Coach who was just your teammate a season ago.

Scott Linehan is our QB coach fwiw. He is the guy that has Daks' ear. Not whoever his puppet is. Scott Linehan is a QB/WR/passing game guru. So he should help Dak. And, it looks like he has. I mean, I see Dak as an Andy Dalton type. A capable, middle of the road, starter. Which is amazing for a 4th round pick.

My problem is Zeke and our OL are so much better, and I really wish we had a RUNNING guru, if they still exist, to call our plays and design our run formations. Scott Linehan is out of his element trying to call plays for our team. He does a good job keeping a balance, but It shows up in big games and big moments(see passing on the goaline against Seattle in 2017 or Zeke only getting 8 touches in the 1st half of the playoff game) When the pressure is on, and the stakes are large, Linehan goes to his bread and butter. Passing the ball, and we just aren't built to be champions at throwing the ball.

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Excellent point. 

True the offense was putrid a lot last season but I would say the major reasons for that was injury to smith and loss of Elliot not Dak being unable to get the ball to Dez.      What really frustrates me in reading all this and hearing the hate in Dak is the unrealistic nature of it all.    The expectation it seems Is sense Dak isn’t a polished all pro QB after having one of if not the best every years as a rookie QB is we should dump his ***.  So much about how a QB especially a young QB performs relates to the team around him.  Be it a perfect storm as it will.  Eventually the real good ones like Brady Rogers Romo can do it with nobody to a point.  But it takes time for them to get the feel and find what works for them.     I hear the talk 6 or 22 and just how that is major.  Well guess what the 6 can be replaced in a number of ways and doesn’t  worry me much. I also hear complaints about Witten.    One huge difference between Witten/Dez.   Witten is important every down blocker Witten can be relied upon to work hard on every route as well as do a better job of getting open and presenting not only a easier throw but a easier read for our QB.     I loved Dez  and yes thought he was being mistreated by the media and said so.  But also I thought he was no longer making the catches he needed to make and had made in the past and also no longer got open like he used too.   I also said it before I personally think should have kept him but see why we didn’t not worth the money as it seemed obvious was not going to get the 1300 yards 16 TD’s production    

• Like 2

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You faulted him earlier for the eagles game but failed to acknowledge the AZ cardinals game.

Let's talk about that game. Probably his best game all year, right? I mean, 13/18 and 183 yards won't win QB of the year anytime soon, but for Dak, it was a really great game. Carson Palmer was being a real QB on the other side and went 29/48 for 325 yards(which is just an OK game for him). Not sure we win without this 1 on 5 momentum changing play:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-cant-miss-plays%2F0ap3000000851794%2FCan-t-Miss-Play-Dez-goes-1-on-5-vs-Cardinals-still-scores-TD

Edited by DaBoys

Everyone wants to give Dak a pass because his rookie season was better, but then chain Dez to his 6 TDs like that's the limit to his production. Let's just forget that he had 8 TDs in only 13 games Daks rookie year. That's 14 TDs in 2 years for a QB that throws 22/year. I'd say Dez is pretty good considering he was retrieving ducks like a bird dog.

Edited by DaBoys