Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

26 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

So when Dak doesn't turn water into wine next season, will it still be his fault?

If he doesn't improve will organization point finger at WR again? 

I have no problem with Dak's development. We'll most likely know come end of Oct. what we have with Dak. If its somewhere between rookie Dak and last season Dak, Dallas is in good shape. If he trends more to last season Dak, probably in trouble. 

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If he doesn't improve will organization point finger at WR again? 

I have no problem with Dak's development. We'll most likely know come end of Oct. what we have with Dak. If its somewhere between rookie Dak and last season Dak, Dallas is in good shape. If he trends more to last season Dak, probably in trouble. 

Call me greedy but I'm going to need Dak to be better than somewhere in between his 2 years in the league for me to become a fan. I mean, if you take the average of his 2 years, his numbers aren't that great. I understand nobody likes stats because they are incomplete, but stats are a great indicator. People who don't like to use stats were the ones in school who said, "I'm a bad test taker." They are bad at the part where we find out what they know? He's a good player it just doesn't show up on the stat sheet...

Right. If you are a good player it WILL show up on the stat sheet.

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Call me greedy but I'm going to need Dak to be better than somewhere in between his 2 years in the league for me to become a fan. I mean, if you take the average of his 2 years, his numbers aren't that great. I understand nobody likes stats because they are incomplete, but stats are a great indicator. People who don't like to use stats were the ones in school who said, "I'm a bad test taker." They are bad at the part where we find out what they know? He's a good player it just doesn't show up on the stat sheet...

Not in Dez's case... But I get what you're saying. Some times numbers can lie and can look however you want them to look.

QB stat sheets are bogus anyway. How many INT's are do in part because protection broke down and the QB was only trying to make a play? Or the WR muffs the easy catch only to have it bounce into the waiting arms of an opposing QB?

And my favorite, PASSING YARDS! This one is the biggest mislead-er of the lot of them. WHY should a QB get credit for a 90 yard pass play when he throws the ball 7 yards and the WR turns it up field for 83 on his own???

This favors offenses like the West Coast Offense that is designed to do just that. So QB's like Steve Young and a ridiculous number of passing yards when WR Jerry Rice caught a 7 yard pass and ran RAC for most of them. What a load of BS.

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

QB stat sheets are bogus anyway. How many INT's are do in part because protection broke down and the QB was only trying to make a play? Or the WR muffs the easy catch only to have it bounce into the waiting arms of an opposing QB?

And my favorite, PASSING YARDS! This one is the biggest mislead-er of the lot of them. WHY should a QB get credit for a 90 yard pass play when he throws the ball 7 yards and the WR turns it up field for 83 on his own???

This favors offenses like the West Coast Offense that is designed to do just that. So QB's like Steve Young and a ridiculous number of passing yards when WR Jerry Rice caught a 7 yard pass and ran RAC for most of them. What a load of BS.

I think that can be said for every skill player.  Dez has been given a lot of grief for his stats the last 3 yrs and has been presented to the masses as if he's declining or not earning his salary.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know any elite receivers who produced elite numbers without a gunslinger type QB/system.  Hopkins is the only WR that comes to my mind, but again, O'Brien's system is way more aggressive/gunslinger type than our's regardless of the QB. 

16 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

Man we killed romo for every mistake he made, people defend Dak for every mistake he makes. Fact is, if he played better we would've made the playoffs.

This comment is way too generalized. People have praised and killed Romo people have praised and killed Dak. Par for the course for any quarterback but times 10 for Dallas.

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

A players stats, especially at quarterback, is often dictated by Supporting Cast and the coaching staff. So stats in general can definitely be convoluted for the better or worse. PS I was a pretty good tester in school. I just hated doing homework.

Edited by resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

A players stats, especially at quarterback, is often dictated by Supporting Cast and the coaching staff. So stats in general can definitely be convoluted for the better or worse. PS I was a pretty good tester in school. I just hated doing homework.

QBs stats are a result of supporting cast but wins and losses are a result of the QB. Got it.

The Arizona Cardinals game has me thinking.... how many games do we win with out Dez?

I mean, everyone talks about the Seattle game as if our season was on the line, but what about the week before against Oakland? Seattle doesn't even matter if we don't beat Oakland. 

Tied 17-17 with 3 minutes to go. Dak has been HORRIBLE throwing picks left and right. Underthrows, Overthrows, and what the hell was that's? 

Do we win without this play? 40 yard contested(of course) catch:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000894996%2FDak-s-40-yard-dime-to-Dez-sets-up-Cowboys-go-ahead-FG

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, will2ill said:

I think that can be said for every skill player.  Dez has been given a lot of grief for his stats the last 3 yrs and has been presented to the masses as if he's declining or not earning his salary.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know any elite receivers who produced elite numbers without a gunslinger type QB/system.  Hopkins is the only WR that comes to my mind, but again, O'Brien's system is way more aggressive/gunslinger type than our's regardless of the QB. 

Larry Fitzgerald. Never really had a gunslinger/elite QB. Okay, Kurt Warner, but that's 1. He has had some solid years with scrub or retread QB's. 2013 and 2015 10 and 9 TD's respectively with C. Palmer.

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The Arizona Cardinals game has me thinking.... how many games do we win with out Dez?

I mean, everyone talks about the Seattle game as if our season was on the line, but what about the week before against Oakland? Seattle doesn't even matter if we don't beat Oakland. 

Tied 17-17 with 3 minutes to go. Dak has been HORRIBLE throwing picks left and right. Underthrows, Overthrows, and what the hell was that's? 

Do we win without this play? 40 yard contested(of course) catch:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000894996%2FDak-s-40-yard-dime-to-Dez-sets-up-Cowboys-go-ahead-FG

Look, this is all mute right now. The reality is Dez is gone. Be it because of diminished stats, bad attitude or other, he's gone. Was it the right move? Apparently the FO thought so.

We lost the GB game because Dak scored too soon??? I suppose that was his fault. As well as the Rams game when Lee went down and our LB position left a hole the size of the Grand Canyon for Gurely to exploit. That one is on Dak as well. How about the 6 sacks he endured to one, ONE player because we had inadequate back ups at THEE most important position on the O line. All on Dak again.

And to be honest, I felt like may times they were forcing the ball to Dez in an attempt to get him involved. Which is a bad idea all around if it is not working. This is a huge O line that like to hit and you have one of, if not THEE best RB in the game. Get THAT guy going and dominant. Then my grandmother can get open when the defense cheats up to stop the running game.

But again, its all mute. accept it. HOPE we now sign Thomas in a trade. And go play ball next year. will we miss Dez? Probably but that is our reality. 

2 hours ago, will2ill said:

Not in Dez's case... 

I guess. He for sure had a down year regarding drops. He had like 80 yards and a TD against the Giants in Eli's return game, but he also dropped a 50 yard bomb down field. Who knows what his stats would have been if he wouldn't have had the completely out of character drops?

But still. There are 32 teams in the league. Each team uses the top 3 WRs pretty extensively.  And most teams have a #1 TE that catches passes too. So that's 128 pass catchers in the league, not including RBs like David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell who get like 80 catches a year too.

Out of the 128 pass catchers exactly 19 had AT LEAST 840 yards and AT LEAST 6 TDs. Dez was one of those 19. 2/19 were TEs.

So only 16 other WRs outside Dez Bryant matched his production. And when you factor in who our QB is and who their QB is, and how our offense operates, vs. how most offenses operate, I think Dez did well. He is still top 16 in the league stat wise, which is legit #1 for half the league 

Edited by DaBoys

17 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Larry Fitzgerald. Never really had a gunslinger/elite QB. Okay, Kurt Warner, but that's 1. He has had some solid years with scrub or retread QB's. 2013 and 2015 10 and 9 TD's respectively with C. Palmer.

2015 Carson Palmer numbers rival Daks career numbers. He threw for nearly 4,700 yards and 35 TDs with just 11 picks. He threw 537 times that's year. The Cardinals have been one of the most pass dominate teams in the league over the last 5 years.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I would agree you want more rookie Dak, than sophomore Dak. If you land between though, you're not doing to bad. 66-ish % comp, takes care of ball, 7.5-ish YPA, 3500 yds. I can live with the numbers. You start getting anymore than that, you're passing more....you don't really want that. Linehan probably does, you, I and a bunch of others not so much. But, I digress, the organization thinking Dez doesn't have a spot is my issue. Dak needs to do more. Needs to see more. Play better. No argument there.