Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Oh idk, he wasn't offered a pay cut maybe? Perhaps that should be your first clue that it wasn't about the money. Ffs we at least offered DeMarco Murray SOMETHING and everyone acts like we just let him walk. We knew Murray wouldn't sign our pitty offer. NOW THAT was about the money. 

Or how about, the fact that we don't really save that much? Damn sure not $16M.  Maybe that would make it hard to grasp? 

Tie in the fact that there is no one really left to sign/ we don't need the money RIGHT NOW based on the timing.

And lastly Dez tweeting that "this was personal."

We are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. What do you get? Sure if Dez was being paid 7.25/ hour maybe he doesn't get cut.

But Dez can't qualify as a cap casualty. He's not 32 years old like Ware, and we didn't offer him like Murray.

OBVIOUSLY something was going on behind the scenes. And whatever it was it didn't have to do with green backs. Not at the base anyway. The money savings were just a byproduct 

Why offer a paycut when he was stating he wouldnt take one?? 

Sure the team only gains 8M this season in cap space. But how much does it save next year?? Yall are just looking at it in terms of this upcoming season. The following season the team wont incur any dead money which i believe will be huge. Currently theres 22M in dead money this upcoming season. Exactly the right time for Dez to be cut. 

Demarco wasnt going to be 30 years old going into that season either.

This team clearly shifted philosophies an Dez was better suited for the old style of play when Romo WAS his QB. Dak is the future an having a WR yelling an screaming at him to force him the ball isnt the best when trying to build up said QB. 

Everyone knows which position is supreme in football. Hell thats why picks 1-3 will be QBs in the draft. Dallas believes it has found their next franchise QB thus is why they are building the team around HIM an his style of play. 

Something was going on behind the scenes, its been going on for years now. Jerry doesnt have the full control he once had. An i for one couldnt be happier. **** Dez was my favorite player since Romo retired. But i understand why this BUSINESS decision was made an why this will only help the TEAM. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

A qb, who can't hit 200 yards a game on half of the games last season, isn't the future

Did you not read where i said Dallas believes it found its franchise QB? I still hold my doubts but i will also wait to judge until the offense gets geared towards his playing style. Which i also believe will start this year with more RPO's an zone reads an bubble screens 

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Did you not read where i said Dallas believes it found its franchise QB? I still hold my doubts but i will also wait to judge until the offense gets geared towards his playing style. Which i also believe will start this year with more RPO's an zone reads an bubble screens 

No, I read where you said Dak is the future

agreed with you on the cowboys thinking they found their franchise, they wouldn't let romo compete for his job

19 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

agreed with you on the cowboys thinking they found their franchise, they wouldn't let romo compete for his job

I was talking in terms of the organizations point of view.

3 hours ago, 5x10 said:

O.K. Dez was released and it's not about the $ signs it's the attitude adjustment he needed to take which he never did, you never put yourself before the TEAM on or off the field, it sure looks like Stephen Jones is trying to put his stamp on this TEAM and for DAK not being able to not throw for over 200 yds./ game is really over exaggerated I never heard anyone complaining about his 2016 season. We Cowboy fans need to stop crying over spilled milk Dez is gone and now the Cowboys begin a new chapter . Let's all sit back and see how it plays out. Like I stated in other blogs the Cowboy's philosophy is ball control and now Zeke is the #1 star in Cowboy's Nation not Dez , so the Cowboys now begin to put in place pieces around him to help stretch the field and  a ball possession  style of game. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Why offer a paycut when he was stating he wouldnt take one?? 

Sure the team only gains 8M this season in cap space. But how much does it save next year?? Yall are just looking at it in terms of this upcoming season. The following season the team wont incur any dead money which i believe will be huge. Currently theres 22M in dead money this upcoming season. Exactly the right time for Dez to be cut. 

Demarco wasnt going to be 30 years old going into that season either.

This team clearly shifted philosophies an Dez was better suited for the old style of play when Romo WAS his QB. Dak is the future an having a WR yelling an screaming at him to force him the ball isnt the best when trying to build up said QB. 

Everyone knows which position is supreme in football. Hell thats why picks 1-3 will be QBs in the draft. Dallas believes it has found their next franchise QB thus is why they are building the team around HIM an his style of play. 

Something was going on behind the scenes, its been going on for years now. Jerry doesnt have the full control he once had. An i for one couldnt be happier. **** Dez was my favorite player since Romo retired. But i understand why this BUSINESS decision was made an why this will only help the TEAM. 

Why offer? You can't be serious? Because it's stupid not too. Do you think Ware, Witten and Romo went to Jerry and said take my money? To further the money point. If it were about the dollars, this year or next year, Dallas isn't making a competitive offer to $16m/yr Sammy Watkins. 

Team is shifting philosophies and started that shift last year, so I'll give you that one. But, if they believed Dez didn't fit that philosophy, why hold on to him until mid-April?  I mean, Dak-friendly has been thrown around for months, if he doesn't fit now, he didn't fit back in January/February either. 

The other sticking points with me is all the people pointing to the sideline antics. So lame. Like this doesn't go on on every sideline, on every team with countless players, WR in particular. Dez wasn't a team player or thought himself above the team. So dumb. 

Jerry hasn't had full control for some time now, I believe everyone would agree to this. Whether or not Stephen is an upgrade remains to be seen. It's a mixed bag and I'm a long ways away from considering it a remote success thus far.  

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Why offer? You can't be serious? Because it's stupid not too. Do you think Ware, Witten and Romo went to Jerry and said take my money? To further the money point. If it were about the dollars, this year or next year, Dallas isn't making a competitive offer to $16m/yr Sammy Watkins. 

Team is shifting philosophies and started that shift last year, so I'll give you that one. But, if they believed Dez didn't fit that philosophy, why hold on to him until mid-April?  I mean, Dak-friendly has been thrown around for months, if he doesn't fit now, he didn't fit back in January/February either. 

The other sticking points with me is all the people pointing to the sideline antics. So lame. Like this doesn't go on on every sideline, on every team with countless players, WR in particular. Dez wasn't a team player or thought himself above the team. So dumb. 

Jerry hasn't had full control for some time now, I believe everyone would agree to this. Whether or not Stephen is an upgrade remains to be seen. It's a mixed bag and I'm a long ways away from considering it a remote success thus far.  

the draft is in Dallas this year Jerry wants big headlines going into the draft, Don't know what games you were watching when the cameras were on Dez on the sidelines exploding into players and coaches or anyone who might listen to, it probably goes on elsewhere but you can change the culture in Dallas and it looks like they are. Why do you think Derek Dooley got out of Dallas he got tired of Dez crying when he wasn't being targeted. Is it too much to ask for a much classier bunch of football players here in Dallas, Jerry Rice never carried on like Dez he busted his behind on and off the field and not making his TEAM mates feel like they have to walk on egg shells around him. The great Dallas legend Demarcus Ware had more class than Dez and was still let go due to his injuries and his contract , so if they can release a legend why not Dez. It wasn't about the $ signs that the Cowboy's were worried about it was his demeanor.