Jump to content
turtle28

Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

Recommended Posts

BR is reporting the wiz plan to offer a 3 year extension to Beal worth 111 mill in July basically keeping him under contract for the next 5 years. I believe we will be keeping Beal for the long term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

BR is reporting the wiz plan to offer a 3 year extension to Beal worth 111 mill in July basically keeping him under contract for the next 5 years. I believe we will be keeping Beal for the long term

Lol this team will be a 5 seed or worse for the next 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol this team will be a 5 seed or worse for the next 10 years.

Yes, but that was the case regardless of whether or not they kept Beal or traded him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Yes, but that was the case regardless of whether or not they kept Beal or traded him.

How so? Getting back a young asset or two, a draft pick, we have a few decent young players, drafting competently... you have a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we take some random European. He'll either be fun to make fun of like Jan Vesely, or maybe he'll be good like a Giannis. I don't have any interest in the 4th scoring option and Duke or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ONLY rational explanation for this is the Wiz are attempting to blow up Beal's stock to get more in return via a trade.

Right? Right? Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

The ONLY rational explanation for this is the Wiz are attempting to blow up Beal's stock to get more in return via a trade.

Right? Right? Please.

I actually read that Durant and Klay Thompson getting injured raised Beal's trade value.  For two reasons mainly, because two major FA options are now essentially off the market and because the Warriors aren't guaranteed to win the title next season.  The iron is hot, they should trade him now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

How so? Getting back a young asset or two, a draft pick, we have a few decent young players, drafting competently... you have a shot.

And who is going to be doing all that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slateman said:

And who is going to be doing all that?

Teddy and Tommy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another way of looking at this, if Beal doesn't accept the extension, that signals he'll walk in two years (why the hecht wouldn't he?). But boy do I hope he doesn't accept the extension!

Edited by Skinsin2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were never going to trade Beal unless they got some amazing deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They were never going to trade Beal unless they got some amazing deal. 

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If he's indicated he's gonna test the market get something for him now. Seeing that the Rockets and Celtics conversed about Capella, I would look to do a deal for Capella. The 9th pick isn't up for grabs ethier. 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Beal decides not to agree to the contract the. That signals one of 4 things.

1. He wants all NBA this coming season so he can get even more if the wizards offer him an extension

2. He wants out of Washington but doesn’t want to admit it or get bad PR

3. He’s dealt after they offer him the contract knowing he’s gone after his runs out

4. If Washington isn’t competitive this season he’s dealt at the deadline to a team willing to mortgage the farm to try and make the finals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×