Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

It seems like westbrook and houston are really gonna be one of our only choices as far as a wall trade goes due to contracts, Im jut hoping not many picks are involved. Would be nice if we could manage to Trade wall. Lottery Protected Pick, Wagner, and Bonga but I think it would take more. 

Im sure Brown and Robinsons names will be thrown in

We are going to have to pay anyone to take Walls anchor of a contract.  He has the worst contract in professional sports.

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

It seems like westbrook and houston are really gonna be one of our only choices as far as a wall trade goes due to contracts, Im jut hoping not many picks are involved. Would be nice if we could manage to Trade wall. Lottery Protected Pick, Wagner, and Bonga but I think it would take more. 

Im sure Brown and Robinsons names will be thrown in

I’d give up Brown & Robinson. I’d be less inclined to give up Wagner, but if they really push on that then yes.

There are other options than trading Wall to Houston. I think it was a FanSided article but someone suggested trading Wall for Horford or trading Wall for Blake Griffin. Horford is old and while he’s still effective and he and Beal would play well together, I’d rather have Wall. Blake Griffin has been just as injured as Wall, but a healthy Blake w/ Beal would be really fun.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d give up Brown & Robinson. I’d be less inclined to give up Wagner, but if they really push on that then yes.

There are other options than trading Wall to Houston. I think it was a FanSided article but someone suggested trading Wall for Horford or trading Wall for Blake Griffin. Horford is old and while he’s still effective and he and Beal would play together, I’d rather have Wall. Blake Griffin has been just as injured as Wall, but a healthy Blake w/ Beal would be really fun.

Its a pipe dream but if we could land griffin and rose in a wall trade I would be jumping for joy. Would give us someone to run the point. rather have Ish come off the bench 

maybe wall, Lopez, Robinson, Bonga, 2021 unprotected 1st and a 2022 pick swap could possibly do it

Would give beal his best lineup in a long time

Rose

Beal

Avdija

Hachimura

Griffin

Bertans 6th man

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Its a pipe dream but if we could land griffin and rose in a wall trade I would be jumping for joy. Would give us someone to run the point. rather have Ish come off the bench 

maybe wall, Lopez, Robinson, Bonga, 2021 unprotected 1st and a 2022 pick swap could possibly do it

Rose

Beal

Avdija

Hachimura

Griffin

Bertans 6th man

I heard players that are just acquired can only be traded for another player straight up. I don’t see Rose & Griffin being traded together.

I’m not sure Avdija starts over Brown and I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign a SF FA, I’m still concerned about that position.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I heard players that are just acquired can only be traded for another player straight up. I don’t see Rose & Griffin being traded together.

I’m not sure Avdija starts over Brown and I wouldn’t be surprised if we sign a SF FA, I’m still concerned about that position.

Im sure Brown starts off the season starting but i think avdija could eventually take over that spot, I agree with you though we do need another SF unless they plan on putting rui there an have tbj play some PF if we were to get griffin

all depends on what detroit would want to do, they signed quite a few big men so far so the writing could be on the wall for Griffin. I could see Rose being traded bc it would match salaries and he only has 1 year left on his deal.

I think Rose and Griffin for wall Brown and a 1st could be enough to be honest

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Rose

Beal

Avdija

Hachimura

Griffin

Bertans 6th man

This might be the worst defensive team in the history of basketball

32 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

This might be the worst defensive team in the history of basketball

No sure, I think last years wizards team D is going to be hard to beat! 😂 

I’m wondering if Robin Lopez will be our starting center and they start Bryant at PF & Rui at SF but that front line only played with each other in those spots like 15-20 min a game bc obviously Bertans & Wagner will be worked in as well as Troy Brown Jr and Avdija at SF.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:09 PM, turtle28 said:

Well now they’re set at PF w/ Rui & Bertans. 

In other words, they just buried their 2019 first round pick behind a guy they paid big bucks to.

It's Ariza-blocking-Porter and Porter-blocking-Brown all over again.

11 hours ago, Woz said:

You don't pay a guy 5/80 to be your 6th man.

Well, most teams don't pay a guy 5/80 to be your 6th man.

Anyone who signed him was going to bc he was going to get that kind of $ as a free agent regardless of if he signed here or somewhere else and he’s not a starting PF but he’ll get any team 15 pts off the bench mostly on 3s as a stretch 4.