Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

10 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Except that Suh is a terrible fit in a 3-4 defense

How do you know this? He's never been in a 3-4. He's one of the most dominant interior DL we've ever seen. I could say something stupid like, "JJ Watt is a terrible fit for the 4-3." But I'd rather keep my credibility rather than flush it down the toilet.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

How do you know this? He's never been in a 3-4. He's one of the most dominant interior DL we've ever seen. I could say something stupid like, "JJ Watt is a terrible fit for the 4-3." But I'd rather keep my credibility rather than flush it down the toilet.

It's far easier to go from a 3-4 to a 4-3 than to do the reverse...and at his age, it's going to be even more difficult.  Think Mario Williams.  The glimmer of hope for Suh though is that Phillips is a brilliant DC and has proven ability to adapt his scheme to the skills of his players.  But, that doesn't mean Suh will succeed, just as Mario Williams didn't.    

Saying JJ Watt is a terrible fit for the 4-3 would be a ridiculous take and isn't something I personally would ever say, because I actually think Watt could be even more dominant in a 4-3.  So, please come back with a legitimate opinion rather than attempting to discredit mine without any support.  

40 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Except that Suh is a terrible fit in a 3-4 defense...and while McVay was impressive year, he hasn't been in the top position long enough for us to know how he's going to handle what likely will be a volatile locker room.  Wade Phillips certainly knows how to deal with some of that, considering he's had Talib before...but, it doesn't take much to completely break apart a locker room and make a 11-5 team into a 6-10 team. 

I'm waiting to have an opinion until I see them actually play together.  Right now, I can't trust them to do better than they did last year.

Except that he's not a terrible fit in Wade's 3-4 defense. Google Jay Ratliff. I don't think a lot of people understand Wade's scheme.

McVay walked into a volatile locker room and fixed it in one off-season. People keep clinging to this narrative while ignoring the obvious. This is a coaching staff built to deal with big egos.

13 minutes ago, disaacs said:

It's far easier to go from a 3-4 to a 4-3 than to do the reverse...and at his age, it's going to be even more difficult.  Think Mario Williams.  The glimmer of hope for Suh though is that Phillips is a brilliant DC and has proven ability to adapt his scheme to the skills of his players.  But, that doesn't mean Suh will succeed, just as Mario Williams didn't.    

Saying JJ Watt is a terrible fit for the 4-3 would be a ridiculous take and isn't something I personally would ever say, because I actually think Watt could be even more dominant in a 4-3.  So, please come back with a legitimate opinion rather than attempting to discredit mine without any support.  

All 3-4 defenses are not the same. JFC. Suh has already played the role he'll be playing in this defense.

45 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah but do we need to hear about the Eagles winning the Super Bowl in every single post he makes? It's borderline trolling. I'm convinced the dude is 11 years old or just incredibly sad. We get it. The Eagles are good and they deservedly won the Super Bowl. They are the favorites again next year. Jesus H....

Pete and I are just joking around.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

How many people questioned that Donald could fit in a 3-4 scheme last season? Donald is a smallish defensive tackle and there was people questioning his fit in a 3-4. All Donald did was have his best season of his career and win DPOY. Suh will be just fine. I think people try to nitpick things about players but when you have a dominant force like Suh, playing next to a dominant force in Donald who is playing in one of the best defensive minds in the NFL in Wade Phillips scheme, I think nobody should question it. Plus Ill throw another one out there. Many people questioned Brockers ability to rush the passer. Wade moved him to DE in the 3-4 scheme and he thrived as a pass rusher. As a matter of fact 48% of the Rams sacks (4th in the NFL in sacks) came from the defensive line. All of which played their entire NFL career in the 4-3 defense and had to make the adjustment in the 3-4. So there you have it. Suh will be fine.

32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

1.Eagles

2. Pats

3.Rams/Steelers/Vikings

4.Jacksonville/Saints

Yeah I know I didn't put 4 total, but it's too hard to separate this early in the offseason without the draft.

Ill throw out this question to you? If the Rams played the Patriots today, who would win?

Now I know the draft still hasnt happen but its not like the Patriots are going to draft a bunch of rookies and they step in day one and dominate. Whomever the Patriots daft at LT, lets just say McGlinchey, you think he will come in and slow or shut down Brockers, Suh, or Donald? The Patriots will draft a QB, but he will be holding a clipboard behind Brady. Thats even thinking the Patriots will even have a success draft because we know in the history of the Patriots under Belichick, they havent drafted well most of the time.

All I am saying is that when you lose Cooks, Solder, Lewis, Butler, and Amendola. Then Edelman is coming back from injury but we dont know how he will look, Gronk mindset might not fully be there. Ill take the Rams ahead of the Patriots. I know we just assume its business as usual with Belichick and Brady and I too give that assumption but not to the point where I place them second. The Rams and Jaguars are too strong right now and only will get better for me to place the Patriots second especially with everything that they have lost and need to replace.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah but do we need to hear about the Eagles winning the Super Bowl in every single post he makes? It's borderline trolling. I'm convinced the dude is 11 years old or just incredibly sad. We get it. The Eagles are good and they deservedly won the Super Bowl. They are the favorites again next year. Jesus H....

Why can't it be both?

45 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How many people questioned that Donald could fit in a 3-4 scheme last season? Donald is a smallish defensive tackle and there was people questioning his fit in a 3-4. All Donald did was have his best season of his career and win DPOY. Suh will be just fine. I think people try to nitpick things about players but when you have a dominant force like Suh, playing next to a dominant force in Donald who is playing in one of the best defensive minds in the NFL in Wade Phillips scheme, I think nobody should question it. Plus Ill throw another one out there. Many people questioned Brockers ability to rush the passer. Wade moved him to DE in the 3-4 scheme and he thrived as a pass rusher. As a matter of fact 48% of the Rams sacks (4th in the NFL in sacks) came from the defensive line. All of which played their entire NFL career in the 4-3 defense and had to make the adjustment in the 3-4. So there you have it. Suh will be fine.

We'll see.  You may be right...but I want to see it first.  I still think, regardless, it's going to be an interesting locker room...especially if and when things don't go well.  

40 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill throw out this question to you? If the Rams played the Patriots today, who would win?

Now I know the draft still hasnt happen but its not like the Patriots are going to draft a bunch of rookies and they step in day one and dominate. Whomever the Patriots daft at LT, lets just say McGlinchey, you think he will come in and slow or shut down Brockers, Suh, or Donald? The Patriots will draft a QB, but he will be holding a clipboard behind Brady. Thats even thinking the Patriots will even have a success draft because we know in the history of the Patriots under Belichick, they havent drafted well most of the time.

All I am saying is that when you lose Cooks, Solder, Lewis, Butler, and Amendola. Then Edelman is coming back from injury but we dont know how he will look, Gronk mindset might not fully be there. Ill take the Rams ahead of the Patriots. I know we just assume its business as usual with Belichick and Brady and I too give that assumption but not to the point where I place them second. The Rams and Jaguars are too strong right now and only will get better for me to place the Patriots second especially with everything that they have lost and need to replace.

Until Bill Belicheck/Tom Brady give me a reason to think otherwise, they're a top 2 team in the league. BB has such a high turnover of  impactful players that losing Cooks, Solder, Lewis, Butler, and Amendola has no impact on how I feel about the Pats cause he could turn Kenny Britt into a 10+ TD WR. Lord knows what he will turn Cordarrelle Patterson into. Jordan Matthews will probably be a great replacement for Amendola. Guy turns garbage into gold almost every year and then disposes them like theyre garbage again. Also, probably only coaching staff in the league I would fear to play against. So I would say the Patriots win today.

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Until Bill Belicheck/Tom Brady give me a reason to think otherwise, they're a top 2 team in the league. BB has such a high turnover of  impactful players that losing Cooks, Solder, Lewis, Butler, and Amendola has no impact on how I feel about the Pats cause he could turn Kenny Britt into a 10+ TD WR. Lord knows what he will turn Cordarrelle Patterson into. Jordan Matthews will probably be a great replacement for Amendola. Guy turns garbage into gold almost every year and then disposes them like theyre garbage again. Also, probably only coaching staff in the league I would fear to play against. So I would say the Patriots win today.

I hear what you are saying. I just feel different about what’s happening in NE. If you are banking on a rookie LT to protect a 40yr old and Britt and Patterson to be difference makers especially if Edelman isn’t right coming back from injury and Gronk mindset isn’t entirely on football this season then that’s not good. I will say that I do like the Matthews signing and IF the Pats could get Dez, that would be interesting. One advantage I’d give the Pats is they play in a division that isn’t close to catching up with them for the top spot. Outside of that, again I think the Rams and Jaguars right now pass the eye test and look great on paper and have all the momentum that the Pats don’t have. I’ll take those two teams over the Pats.

30 minutes ago, disaacs said:

We'll see.  You may be right...but I want to see it first.  I still think, regardless, it's going to be an interesting locker room...especially if and when things don't go well.  

Yeah I think most people assume things will go bad but honestly I don’t think it will. Not saying the Rams won’t lose games but I don’t think the locker room will fall apart. Wade can and will handle the defense and only one change in personnel was made on offense and that’s Cooks replacing Watkins in which Cooks is a better fit. But I do agree, we will see. I can’t wait for the draft then the season to start lol.

Archived