Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

Just now, jrry32 said:

???? The Rams were 4-0 against the AFC.

The Saints (11-5) and Rams (11-5) each had one win over the Chiefs (10-6) and Jags (10-6). Meaning the former two each finished with one more win than the latter two. 

And of the four head-to-head matchups (Rams/Jags, Pats/Saints, Chiefs/Eagles, and Steelers/Vikings), the NFC is 1-3.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Saints (11-5) and Rams (11-5) each had one win over the Chiefs (10-6) and Jags (10-6). Meaning the former two each finished with one more win than the latter two. 

And of the four head-to-head matchups (Rams/Jags, Pats/Saints, Chiefs/Eagles, and Steelers/Vikings), the NFC is 1-3.

You forgot the Patriots/Eagles. And there were a lot of other factors in play that I won't get into here. But we're not talking about a 2017. We're talking about 2018.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You forgot the Patriots/Eagles. And there were a lot of other factors in play that I won't get into here. But we're not talking about a 2017. We're talking about 2018.

Yep, there’s a ton of factors that go into every game of every season. 

Like I said, the (2-3, corrected) record doesn’t mean AFC>NFC. The 2017 NFC quartet were largely seen as superior on paper over the AFC’s, but the results were weighed in the AFC’s favor. I think, with that tid bit in mind, it’s wrong to assume the NFC’s group is now head and shoulders over a team that is often worse on paper than others but also often the best team in the league (or amongst).

On 4/13/2018 at 6:35 PM, jrry32 said:

Lets remember that it's arguable that all four teams being referred to in the NFC have improved on paper, while the Patriots very much have regressed. 

The 4 best teams talent wise might be in the NFC. If it’s not the 4 best, it’s at least 4 of the top 6.   I mean if ppl want to split hairs, fine.   But if the point is that the NFC is loaded at the top vs. the AFC I don’t know how that can be argued against.  

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Kiltman said:

If Jags had a QB they'd be in there over the Saints at the very least.
And had they not lost so many guys I think the Pats are over the Saints too.

It seems weird to keep the Packers out they need to get back to the level they were I guess

Edit: Also the Falcons, they beat the Rams, almost bet the Eagles, beat the Saints...if they can get their playcalling somewhat back in the direction Shanahan had it going in they will be near the top of the league. And you could argue belong above some of these teams.

The Packers haven't sniffed the top 4-5 since like 2014...maybe. 

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Packers haven't sniffed the top 4-5 since like 2014...maybe. 

I know...but they have the best QB in football, any year he remains healthy they got a shot.

When you roster vs roster on paper
The Eagles, Rams and Vikings are better for sure..other teams too.

But Rodgers' talent can balance that out a little.

And the fact those in charge there are finally deciding to help him and change is good for any Packers fan

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The 4 best teams talent wise might be in the NFC. If it’s not the 4 best, it’s at least 4 of the top 6.   I mean if ppl want to split hairs, fine.   But if the point is that the NFC is loaded at the top vs. the AFC I don’t know how that can be argued against.  

It can't, right now the NFC is considerably stronger. The AFC has two perennial contenders (Patriots, Steelers) and a lot of interesting, younger, up and coming teams, which is also great.

I would say the Falcons have to be considered as talent wise we are up there with anyone plus we are the only team from the nfc to make the playoffs the last 2 years and we beat the rams on the road in the playoffs and was 1 dropped interception away from beating the eagles in their house and still had a chance on the julio drop in the endzone at the end.   We should probably be in the top 4 somewhere.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would say the Falcons have to be considered as talent wise we are up there with anyone plus we are the only team from the nfc to make the playoffs the last 2 years and we beat the rams on the road in the playoffs and was 1 dropped interception away from beating the eagles in their house and still had a chance on the julio drop in the endzone at the end.   We should probably be in the top 4 somewhere.

I think the Rams, Eagles and Vikings are all on paper better than us. But we definetly have an argument for the #4 spot imo. 

Archived