TAKE ME TO THE LANDRY-MAT (5 yr 75 mil 47M guaranteed)

mistakey

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

People, we overpaid.  And ya know what?  It's ok.

We suck.  Nobody wants to come here for the same money as 31 other teams.  Hell, maybe not even for 125% the money of most other teams. 

We HAVE TO, repeat HAVE TO overpay players for a while until we are relevant again.  That is why the Sashi teardown was so necessary.  We needed the ability to overpay players while also having a lot of guys on rookie contracts to compensate.  We also needed a lot of draft picks to be able to trade for players on the last year of their deal, otherwise we would never get them (IE taylor and Landry).

Our climb back to relevance can no take the traditional route.  Sorry guys, but it just can't.  That is why I feel it is so important to trade down from pick 4 to get more quality picks, and hopefully another 2019 1st.

This...

Does anyone else think that Laundry and Taylor are going to be perfect together? He is the high completion safety blanket that Taylor loves :-P.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro? seriously? So I take it you are fine with the status quo of us getting punched in the face and thanking the opponent? I'm sorry but comments like this burn me up, I'd rather have a guy who doesn't take any bs and get a few penalties going too hard than have guys like Kenny Britt and not go hard at all. I for one welcome the few "bonehead penalties from passion energy and attitude". I guarantee Pittsburgh loved Hines Ward and Juju Smith-Schuster, or Carolina with Steve Smith and how tenacious they played and here you come whining about playing with fire and passion, unbelievable. God forbid we pay a guy that work and play hard like the city should be represented. 

Sorry, just struck a nerve.

I think I am going to have to disagree. You can be passionate and determined without being a hot head or overly emotional. 

You know theres a middle ground between lazy do nothing like Britt and guys who hurt their team because #passion. 

I am tired of a bunch of mentally weak human beings trying to mask their emotional deficiencies as passion or 'not taking bs from others'

2 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I think I am going to have to disagree. You can be passionate and determined without being a hot head or overly emotional. 

You know theres a middle ground between lazy do nothing like Britt and guys who hurt their team because #passion. 

I am tired of a bunch of mentally weak human beings trying to mask their emotional deficiencies as passion or 'not taking bs from others'

Were any of his "penalties" demonstrative and with only him in mind? if not, I'll take it. 

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro? seriously? So I take it you are fine with the status quo of us getting punched in the face and thanking the opponent? I'm sorry but comments like this burn me up, I'd rather have a guy who doesn't take any bs and get a few penalties going too hard than have guys like Kenny Britt and not go hard at all. I for one welcome the few "bonehead penalties from passion energy and attitude". I guarantee Pittsburgh loved Hines Ward and Juju Smith-Schuster, or Carolina with Steve Smith and how tenacious they played and here you come whining about playing with fire and passion, unbelievable. God forbid we pay a guy that work and play hard like the city should be represented. 

Sorry, just struck a nerve.

You and I have discussed this before, but I’m completely in agreement here.

Im sick and goddam tired of watched my squad get their teeth kicked in physically by opponents, commonly the Steelers, and seeing no “fight in the dog”.  Antonio Brown dropkicked our punter and....nothing.  James Harrison has nearly murdered multiple players.... nothing, no retaliation, no response.

I don’t want to be that “back in my day” guy, but eff it, here goes.  When I played if someone had done that type of crap our coaches would have been pissed if you didn’t respond and set the tone.  We can always take a TFL on one play if it means a couple lineman drive that player into the dirt and let it be known cheap shots won’t be tolerated.  They hit our QB late, next drive the favor is repaid.

I want to see some toughasses, some guys not afraid to mix it up a bit.  I’m tired of the Charmin soft attitude.  

I’ll go back to yelling at kids to get off my lawn now.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im sick and goddam tired of watched my squad get their teeth kicked in physically by opponents, commonly the Steelers, and seeing no “fight in the dog”.  Antonio Brown dropkicked our punter and....nothing.  James Harrison has nearly murdered multiple players.... nothing, no retaliation, no response.

I don’t want to be that “back in my day” guy, but eff it, here goes.  When I played if someone had done that type of crap our coaches would have been pissed if you didn’t respond and set the tone.  We can always take a TFL on one play if it means a couple lineman drive that player into the dirt and let it be known cheap shots won’t be tolerated.  They hit our QB late, next drive the favor is repaid.

I want to see some toughasses, some guys not afraid to mix it up a bit.  I’m tired of the Charmin soft attitude.  

I tell you right now, we have our Hines Ward. I may be more excited about a mauling block probably more than any sweet TD catch he has. Maybe its the lineman in me.

This is what we overpaid for, I'll take it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMI28nDxT8Q

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This, x1000.

Here are legitimate times I've been EMBARRASSED to be a Browns fan that goes way beyond their pathetic record. In no particular order:

*AB drop kicking our punter

*James Harrison killing MoMass, Colt McCoy

*Larry Johnson fighting Alvin McKinley while Alvin McKinley ran away and cried to the referee

*Earl Little high fiving Torry Holt on Monday night football after allowing a TD pass right over his head

*William Green getting his nose broken and ejected prior to the game against Pittsburgh

*KWII trying to high five Steelers players before the game and getting shot down/laughed at by Joey Porter

This is about the only time I've ever been proud of a Brown for doing something about it. The Bengals up 17 trying to pad their stats and score more points with under 5 minutes left.

4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

This...

Does anyone else think that Laundry and Taylor are going to be perfect together? He is the high completion safety blanket that Taylor loves :-P.

Might seem odd to sign Landry to that deal if they planned on taking Allen.

I never thought they were taking Allen anyway.  Just sayin...

32 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Might seem odd to sign Landry to that deal if they planned on taking Allen.

I never thought they were taking Allen anyway.  Just sayin...

He makes perfect sense with every quarterback we might draft except for Allen.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

He makes perfect sense with every quarterback we might draft except for Allen.

Which makes Allen the odds on favorite for the Browns.

Just kidding.  We're trying to establish a more optimistic vibe around here, right?

Image result for stay optimistic gif

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Story time. 

Me and @hornbybrown were playing a game of rugby together. The other team had this guy called Hammit his brother is an All Black, so he is a tough dude. Also dirtiest player in the grade. horny goes and  pisses him off puts up his guard covering his head so he doesn't get destroyed. (he is twice the size of horny). Anyway. I know what Horny is doing he is getting us a penalty, cos you aint aloud to punch people in the face.  

Hammit is set off like a fire cracker. starts fiirng punches. But Hammit is dirty not stupid, Horny's guard means that an upper cut will hit him in the face. bang hammit hits horny in the face with an upper cut. Great! the plan is working even better than we thought. 

Im yelling to our  team "don't hit him"
idiot on our team called Chris runs up like a hero and punches hammit in the face in front of the ref. gets put in the sin bin for 10 minutes and they get the penalty. 

we are down a player, they get the penalty, but horny plan failed big time. 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

what is the difference?

Allen is going to sink or swim on deep accuracy due to his huge arm. If he can't hit guys deep, he'll bust IMO (i.e. if Watson comes back from his knee injury lacking burst, his rookie year becomes a fond memory because he's not an elite pocket guy). Landry is great at pretty much everything except being a deep/red zone threat. I still think he's good there, but John Ross, Desean Jackson, Antonio Brown are guys that seem made for Allen, not a guy who is an even better Golden Tate. Just my $0.02.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Story time. 

Me and @hornbybrown were playing a game of rugby together. The other team had this guy called Hammit his brother is an All Black, so he is a tough dude. Also dirtiest player in the grade. horny goes and  pisses him off puts up his guard covering his head so he doesn't get destroyed. (he is twice the size of horny). Anyway. I know what Horny is doing he is getting us a penalty, cos you aint aloud to punch people in the face.  

Hammit is set off like a fire cracker. starts fiirng punches. But Hammit is dirty not stupid, Horny's guard means that an upper cut will hit him in the face. bang hammit hits horny in the face with an upper cut. Great! the plan is working even better than we thought. 

Im yelling to our  team "don't hit him"
idiot on our team called Chris runs up like a hero and punches hammit in the face in front of the ref. gets put in the sin bin for 10 minutes and they get the penalty. 

we are down a player, they get the penalty, but horny plan failed big time. 

So the moral of the story is be the big bully and let other people get penalized for their overreactions, right?

And horny got beat up.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So the moral of the story is be the big bully and let other people get penalized for their overreactions, right?

And horny got beat up.

Exactly. 

Im going to be telling this story to my kids for years.

"and your uncle got punched in the face by the big man.... Good night... sleep well."

Archived