Seahawks sign former Washington QB Stephen Morris

TheChancellor

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The reason it is derailing other threads (this one included) is because like children we aren't allowed to give the topic it's own thread. So it will continue to be mentioned wherever there is some crossover. Thanks for helping my case for it's own thread.

And it's the exact same crap every single time from both sides that just leads to bad blood and warnings.

We mods don't do things arbitrarily. There's actual method to our madness. Well, except for @EliteTexan80 ... him we try to keep locked up.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

And it's the exact same crap every single time from both sides that just leads to bad blood and warnings.

We mods don't do things arbitrarily. There's actual method to our madness. Well, except for @EliteTexan80 ... him we try to keep locked up.

People can be just as heated screaming about their own team as they can about politics. And while I agree I don't want politics anywhere near my sports, this particular topic is a mixture of both with sports being the dominant head line. The fact that we cannot discuss it regardless of the outcome is childish. Kap not being in the NFL is well worth a discussion. Im not a fan of his or the 49ers, but I'd much rather hear peoples opinions on his situation then a debate between '72 Dolphins and the '07 Patriots.

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

People can be just as heated screaming about their own team as they can about politics. And while I agree I don't want politics anywhere near my sports, this particular topic is a mixture of both with sports being the dominant head line. The fact that we cannot discuss it regardless of the outcome is childish. Kap not being in the NFL is well worth a discussion. Im not a fan of his or the 49ers, but I'd much rather hear peoples opinions on his situation then a debate between '72 Dolphins and the '07 Patriots.

There's plenty of other places to go to discuss it then.

If you have an issue with this, take it up with WebMaster.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

There's plenty of other places to go to discuss it then.

If you have an issue with this, take it up with WebMaster.

I'd like to have a discussion about a football player not being able to play football on Footballs Future forum lol such turds. Whatever.

this is the 2nd time the Hawks brought him in .... Last year and now this year.  Seems Krappersdick does not really want to work.  He needs to just shut up and do it .  I love how his supporters ignore the fact he could of been a Bronco but did not want to take 3 million less a year .

I'll admit that I had never heard of Stephen Morris before- he sort of sounds like an obscure small college, rather than a player- Tyrone set a school record for Stephen Morris College by rushing for 6,589 yards in 4 years, scoring 32 touchdowns- but he turns out to be sort of interesting. After going undrafted in 2014, Stephen has been with 5 NFL teams: Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Washington, and now Seattle. He must show something to keep getting signed all the time; but then he doesn't show enough to be retained. Wonder what's the all-time record for Most Teams Played For By A Quarterback?

Anyway, a Colts' beat writer angrily castigated Indianapolis for cutting Stephen last fall, claiming he had been their best QB in the pre-season:

Image result for Stephen Morris

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/3/16250120/colts-released-the-wrong-quarterback-when-they-waived-stephen-morris

The general consensus has been simple: Not only should Morris have gotten more playing time, but he should have had the starting quarterback position if Andrew Luck was out with injury. The Colts, evidently feel differently. While the reason Morris didn’t get a true shot with the starters is unknown, one has to imagine there had to be some behind the scenes issues, whether that’s in the film room or something else. 

Sooner or later the team had to make a move at the quarterback position, they were carrying four on the team after trading for Jacoby Brissett. Morris was the odd man out, most likely losing to Scott Tolzien as the third quarterback behind Brissett after he gets accustomed to the new offense. 

Scott Tolzien: 23/34, 241 yards, 0 touchdowns, 1 interception. 
Stephen Morris: 38/56, 399 yards, 1 touchdown, 0 interceptions. 
Jacoby Brissett: 41/62, 465 yards, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception. (played with Patriots)

While it makes sense to release a quarterback, it seems pretty clear that the wrong guy was released. This move has fans frustrated and asking for answers - answers that will likely never come.

7 minutes ago, bzane said:

Wonder what's the all-time record for Most Teams Played For By A Quarterback?

Sorry,  answered my own question. The winner is, J.T. "Sandwich and a Roadmap" O'SullivanTen NFL teams, and a couple in other countries, too!

Stepehn Morris has his work cut out for him.

refer to caption
O'Sullivan during his 2008 tenure with the 49ers
No. 14, 7, 4, 13, 0
Position: Quarterback
Personal information
Born: August 25, 1979 (age 38)
Burbank, California
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight: 232 lb (105 kg)
Career information
High school: Carmichael (CA) Jesuit
College: UC Davis