Pick 3 for #14

spilltray

I'd love to see everyone's top 3 they hope would be available at 14. I assume 4 QB are going, plus Barkley and Chubb, but past that it could go so many different directions that really you can make an argument for anyone to fall.

Here are mine:

1. Derwin James

I think you just call him a DB. You can play him in the slot, at S, and possibly on the edge, especially in base defense type situations. He's got all the intangibles you can love. If you want some fire and passion for football, James fits the bill.

2. Minkah Fitzpatrick

Similar to James, listed as a S, but so much more flexible. Probably physically a bit more likely to work outside, but a guy you can have help take away the middle of the field.

3. Harold Landry

My favorite edge rusher in this class outside of Chubb, and really the only one I like at 14 overall. He's a motor guy with good agility and plenty of quickness. Not all that great a comparison but he has some of the same traits that made us love Clay Matthews.

In my opinion Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick are projected gone. I don't really have an order on these 4 (I'm picking four) as they're all tightly clumped in a tier for me.

1. Derwin James: Ideally a more athletic Micah Hyde with a more physical play style.

2. Harold Landry: Plays Perry's role in Pettine's defense. 3rd down pass rusher as a rookie.

3. Leighton Vander Esch: 2014 Clay Matthews. Spends 1-2 down at ILB, on 3rd down he either drops down the middle or is part of exotic EDGE rush looks.

4. Mike Hughes: Slot/outside flexible. Strong, aggressive, athletic, Tramon would be an awesome teacher for him.

I think it's Landry, and I didn't even like him at first. He bends like good ol' KGB. Keep him situational.

If Ward is as good as we want him to be he'll already be gone.

I don't want anybody at #14 who needs to change his position to fit our needs.

I don't want to trade down because there are no other edge options we don't risk missing--you can't guarantee Landry or Davenport make it very far after #14.

Landry.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In my opinion Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb and Minkah Fitzpatrick are projected gone. I don't really have an order on these 4 (I'm picking four) as they're all tightly clumped in a tier for me.

1. Derwin James: Ideally a more athletic Micah Hyde with a more physical play style.

2. Harold Landry: Plays Perry's role in Pettine's defense. 3rd down pass rusher as a rookie.

3. Leighton Vander Esch: 2014 Clay Matthews. Spends 1-2 down at ILB, on 3rd down he either drops down the middle or is part of exotic EDGE rush looks.

4. Mike Hughes: Slot/outside flexible. Strong, aggressive, athletic, Tramon would be an awesome teacher for him.

I want to believe in LVE, but the other kids make fun of me.

I will be okay with any CB picked, I think, because I trust Pettine knows what he wants.

Derwin James would be asked to be in the slot, yes? That seems to be changing the player to match our need rather than vice versa.

0.) Barkley.
0.) Edmunds.
0.) Ward.
0.) Chubb (don't actually want him more than the players below, but it'd be a mistake to pass him up).

1a.) Fitzpatrick; 1b.) James -- not sure who I prefer. James has great athleticism, size, and versatility, but had the subpar 3-cone. Fitzpatrick appeals to me a tad more because he has the IQ and instincts while James is still largely learning the position ('bit redundant with Josh Jones, all things considered).

3.) Marcus Davenport. He's a monster.

10 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I want to believe in LVE, but the other kids make fun of me.

Ha! This was good. Thanks for the laugh.

Picks for me

1. Edmunds

2. Edmunds

3. Edmunds

Ha!#2

I dont know. I'd LOVE to get Edmunds on our team - but minus that just grab the very best talent we can. A true difference maker. Somebody who's gonna make a difference on every play. (Hence - I'm not sold on a "situational pass rusher" <read: Landy> as teams a are throwing all the time now).

Okay......I'll make another selection.....

4. Edmunds!

:)

Archived