Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

Final prediction of top 5:

1. Browns - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley 

3. Jets - Baker Mayfield

4. Broncos (after trade up with Cleveland) - Josh Allen

5. Bills (after trade up with Cleveland) - Josh Rosen

Denver gets scared of us trading with the Bills so they give us 2 extra mid round picks. Buffalo pays a ransom for their guy.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

hes better than Allen I guess. We might as well just wait till 4 to take him. 

doubt hes gonna make it to 4
NYJ really likes him, and its very possible politics comes into play for NYJ.  Woody Johnson is the current ambassador to the UK.  Cant see them selecting the "intellectual" anti-trump Josh Rosen.  So that leaves Allen and Mayfield at 3 for NYJ.  Who's better?

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

doubt hes gonna make it to 4
NYJ really likes him, and its very possible politics comes into play for NYJ.  Woody Johnson is the current ambassador to the UK.  Cant see them selecting the "intellectual" anti-trump Josh Rosen.  So that leaves Allen and Mayfield at 3 for NYJ.  Who's better?

Waiting till 4 for any QB is dumb and generally flawed logic.

If you like them enough to spend a 4th overall pick, you should like them enough to take them one.  If you like them that much, why risk losing “your guy”?

If Baker is their guy, take him and be done with it.

Wild idea because I can.

The Bills want to move up for a QB but they don't want to completely sell out to do it. The Browns want to move back but they don't want to move all the way back to #12. The Indianapolis Colts want to move back for more picks but the Bills don't want to wait until 6 in fear of Denver getting the last of the Top 4 QBs, so the teams come together on an unprecedented 3 way trade.

Cleveland gives up  #4 worth 1800 points and receives #6 & #49  worth 2020 a net increase of 220 points

Indianapolis gives up  #6 and #49 worth 2020 points and receives #12, #53, #56 and 2019 1st worth 2490 a net increase of 470

Buffalo gives up  #12, #53, #56, 2019 1st worth 2490 and receives #4 worth 1800 losing a net value of 690 points but they do not give up #22 or a lot of future picks.

All three teams get what they are after. By splitting up the haul between two teams the Bills don't have to see the entire farm. Browns get a top 50 pick to move back a few spots and still be in a position to pick either Chubb or Barkley whichever doesn't go 5th overall, and the Colts get the pile of picks they are looking for to rebuild a terrible roster.

1. Cleveland :: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

2. New YorkG :: Sam Darnold QB USC

3. New YorkJ(Indy) :: Josh Allen QB Wyoming

4. Buffalo(Cle) :: Josh Rosen QB UCLA

5. Denver :: Saquan Barkley RB Penn State

6. Cleveland(Indy through NJY) :: Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State

9 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Wild idea because I can.

The Bills want to move up for a QB but they don't want to completely sell out to do it. The Browns want to move back but they don't want to move all the way back to #12. The Indianapolis Colts want to move back for more picks but the Bills don't want to wait until 6 in fear of Denver getting the last of the Top 4 QBs, so the teams come together on an unprecedented 3 way trade.

Cleveland gives up  #4 worth 1800 points and receives #6 & #49  worth 2020 a net increase of 220 points

Indianapolis gives up  #6 and #49 worth 2020 points and receives #12, #53, #56 and 2019 1st worth 2490 a net increase of 470

Buffalo gives up  #12, #53, #56, 2019 1st worth 2490 and receives #4 worth 1800 losing a net value of 690 points but they do not give up #22 or a lot of future picks.

All three teams get what they are after. By splitting up the haul between two teams the Bills don't have to see the entire farm. Browns get a top 50 pick to move back a few spots and still be in a position to pick either Chubb or Barkley whichever doesn't go 5th overall, and the Colts get the pile of picks they are looking for to rebuild a terrible roster.

Well thought out idea, really does benefit everyone.

If it were me I’d want 2019 asset/s as I think we have plenty of high picks this year. Swap 49 this year for a 2nd and a day 3 pick next year.

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Wild idea because I can.

elway has come out and said this is a deep rb draft, i highly doubt htey take saquan.  i think they take chubb.  i think we'd take ward in this scenario.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m hoping this a case of Dorsey telling different people different things to find out where the leaks are. 

If that's the case then apparently everyone is leaking because there have been "reports" saying we are taking all 5 1st round QB's. 

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

If that's the case then apparently everyone is leaking because there have been "reports" saying we are taking all 5 1st round QB's. 

People are “reporting” speculation.

”According to an insider, many are certain the Browns are leaning towards taking...”

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

elway has come out and said this is a deep rb draft, i highly doubt htey take saquan.  i think they take chubb.  i think we'd take ward in this scenario.

Denzel Ward is my #1 choice in a trade back even over Bradley Chubb. I just don't think the NFL is going to see it the same way because of his lack of size and physicality. If Denver takes Chubb then I fear we would then grab Barkley over Ward, Edmunds, and Roquan who are my top 3 choices in a trade back.

I honestly haven't changed my thoughts on the draft since late January. I want Baker Mayfield at #1 and to find away to trade back far enough to take Ward but not too far we miss out on him. If we did miss on Ward I have started falling for this Jaire Alexander guy as well and honestly if he makes it to the mid-late 20s I'd trade up and pair him with Ward to possible form a super duo at CB.

15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Denzel Ward is my #1 choice in a trade back even over Bradley Chubb

This is what I think is going to happen 

trade with Buffalo then move up with Chicago 

that’s my prediction 

Chicago wants to make up picks from the trade up for Trubisky 

Tbh at this point I want to just do the boring thing and take Sam Darnold at 1 either Chubb,Ward, or Barkley at 4 and hope Lamar Jackson falls to 33 so some team can mortgage a future 1st and 2nd or just take the #1 CB or WR at that pick. Kirk or Moore will do. Then round out the 2nd with a RB,T, or DT 

Archived