Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

8 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

How have I missed out on Antonio Callaway this whole time? The dude is unreal. I'd be cool with spending a second on him. Plus, Dorsey isn't afraid to take a talented player with a past (Tyreek Hill). 

FYI: I like Christian Kirk a lot in round 2 as well. 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

How have I missed out on Antonio Callaway this whole time? The dude is unreal. I'd be cool with spending a second on him. Plus, Dorsey isn't afraid to take a talented player with a past (Tyreek Hill). 

You must have not seen this kids record.......you think Josh Gordon is bad.....This kid is Drugs, sexual assault, cheating in classes....He has 1rst round talent...

And this is not something I heard this year....I've been hearing about him/loosely following him since he was a Sr. at Booker T Washington HS in Miami...

I think I like this P.J. Hall kid enough to take him as high as the middle of the 2nd round. His name first came up a few weeks ago and I was thinking who cares? probably just a small school nobody. I never remembered him standing out in the FCS playoffs that I always watch. I found some more full games and thought well damnn the kid has some serious tools and elite effort. Then @MSURacerDT55 I believe it was showed him running down a RB 50 yards downfield. After all that I was thinking we'd do exceptionally well getting him at #114 or even trading back up into the back end of round 3. I watched even more though and the kid is damn legit. I have extreme doubts he even makes it out of the Top 80 picks now and I would be happy if we grabbed him at pick 64 or even traded up to the 48-55 range or even traded down with 33 or 35. He has impressed me that much.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hernandez was from Connecticut, they brought him back to all of the nonsense.

I beg to differ, Hernandez's serious malfeasance didn't begin until he arrived at Florida in 2007 

http://nbclatino.com/2013/06/27/death-of-aaron-hernandezs-dad-in-2006-deeply-impacted-sons-life/

From the article, “Hernandez never ran afoul of the law in Bristol, and many residents interviewed by The Courant say the superstar high school player was generous with his time and respectful to members of the community.”

"Within months of beginning his collegiate football career in Gainesville, Fla., Hernandez was one of four players interviewed by police after an early morning shooting at a night club left two men wounded. No one was ever charged in the shootings of Justin Glass and Corey Smith, and Gainesville police said Friday they would not release the police report because it is still considered an open investigation."

There's definitely arguments that can be made that Hernandez would've been the same person regardless of location. Which is why I would also steer clear of Calloway.

14 hours ago, pscottdai said:

I keep seeing people talk about Hues offense, but we have a new OC so shouldn't we be talking about Haley's offense vice Hue's?

I guess that's true, but still after watching the Steelers and Haley's offense, it's pretty similar to Hues in the sense that there is a loooot of vertical passing.

29 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Is Calloway pretty much dead to rights on credit card fraud? Theres a very real chance he spends a year in prison. 

He wont get drafted. 

He will get drafted.  The sexual assault charges were dropped. Obviously he still has other issues but so do many prospect that get drafted every year. He is hands down the single most talented WR int his class and I would say there is no close 2nd place either. The guy is phenomenal and has the it factor on the field. He is at his best when the moments are the biggest. He has abilities that just cannot be coached. I believe he would be in consideration for #4 if he had a clean track record with Chicago being his floor at #8 that is how good he is IMO. Talent like that doesn't just fall out of the draft completely. If Joe Mixon can go in the Top 50 picks then Callaway should definitely get drafted. I could careless one way or the other if we are the team that drafts him because I understand both sides. Freakishly talented and if we draft him great hope he stays out of trouble. If we don't draft him then I understand 100% because of the history. Not a guy I would bang the table for bc of those issues but he will without a doubt get drafted.

Archived