Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

This defensive tackle class is super interesting to me. 

We need a second starter because Brantley isn't good enough to depend on to start, and if anyone gets hurt our depth up the gut becomes trash. 

Hurst, Bryan, Payne, Vea - One or two will almost certainly be there. I like them all but they are very different players. 

Bryan is sooooooo explosive and disruptive but he overcommits and ends up on the ground more than just about any DL I have ever seen. Still, there is so much force and energy to be harnessed. The others play a lot more controlled. 

Just now, roger murdock said:

This defensive tackle class is super interesting to me. 

We need a second starter because Brantley isn't good enough to depend on to start, and if anyone gets hurt our depth up the gut becomes trash. 

Hurst, Bryan, Payne, Vea - One or two will almost certainly be there. I like them all but they are very different players. 

Bryan is sooooooo explosive and disruptive but he overcommits and ends up on the ground more than just about any DL I have ever seen. Still, there is so much force and energy to be harnessed. The others play a lot more controlled. 

At least based on the visits, it would seem as though the front office agrees.  I’m guessing a DT is taken sooner than a lot of people may be expecting.  First 64 picks perhaps.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a hypothetical, if we trade down with Buffalo. I’m looking at Leighton Vander Esch. I think Jamie Collins might get the boot next year due to his contract.

Jamie Collins needs to have a career year to stay.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a hypothetical, if we trade down with Buffalo. I’m looking at Leighton Vander Esch. I think Jamie Collins might get the boot next year due to his contract.

At #22 sure, but at #12 there are just going to be too many better options on the board. I like Esch but Edmunds, Smith, James, Ward, Alexander, Fitzpatrick, Chubb are better defenders and that is 7 guys right there and there will be 4 QBs and Barkley going somewhere in the Top 12. I also think Mike Hughes has more upside and Mike McGlinchey plays a more premium position and has been vastly underrated IMO. It would even be hard for me to accept Esch over Payne or Vea.

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Would you trade a 5th/6th rounder for Erick Flowers?

in a heart beat. He was a legit top10-tp15 talent the year he came out. See if a change of setting helps and playing next to a legit guard who can make his life a little easier. I would rather have him playing LT over Coleman. if not, getting a back up as talented as him for a 5th/6th is a steal.

Archived