Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

25 minutes ago, Keylargobrownie said:

I would, If the pick was Allen. I think Mayfield will be good, but a missed opportunity when you have a shot at sam, Allen would just be a disaster

That's where I'm at. I'm actually a big fan of Mayfield, but anyone but Sam will be a disappointment.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

That's where I'm at. I'm actually a big fan of Mayfield, but anyone but Sam will be a disappointment.

I’ll be disappointed, but I like Baker too.

There’s a lot to like with him.

Mostly just hearing Hue BS about hand size and height. That alone makes the pick ok for me.

i dont see how anyone who was super juiced about the nerds getting fired, a real football guy getting hired and bringing his super scouts to town can be pissed about baker mayfield going 1st.  they literally got everything they wanted.  plus the dude is ridiculously accurate.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i dont see how anyone who was super juiced about the nerds getting fired, a real football guy getting hired and bringing his super scouts to town can be pissed about baker mayfield going 1st.  they literally got everything they wanted.  plus the dude is ridiculously accurate.

Like I've said numerous times, my only real concern about Mayfield is the offense he played in and the defenses he usually faced.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

My second digital football given today. I think of them as romantic single red roses.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

On the contrary, he's quite the nerd QB. Doesn't have the height, hand size, or the prototypical pro-style system that the "football die-hards" must have in a #1 overall pick. Yet every analytical view has Mayfield as the best since Andrew Luck.

2 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

On the contrary, he's quite the nerd QB. Doesn't have the height, hand size, or the prototypical pro-style system that the "football die-hards" must have in a #1 overall pick. Yet every analytical view has Mayfield as the best since Andrew Luck.

That’s what he’s saying, he’s an analytical dream.

2 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

From an outsider's perspective, I take it you think the Browns should go with Mayfield?

Just now, DawgX said:

From an outsider's perspective, I take it you think the Browns should go with Mayfield?

I've believed it since January. Thought Dorsey and his guys that eat footballs for breakfast would mess it up and fall for the "toolsy" Josh Allen.
I think Scot McCloughan and Andrew Healy deserve a ton of credit if this happens.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I've said numerous times, my only real concern about Mayfield is the offense he played in and the defenses he usually faced.

Yep. But I don’t like the height thing either admittedly. But it’s like 80% his offensive scheme which usually doesn’t translate to the nfl. 

Archived