Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If and when we blow this by getting Mayfield, I'm going to freak out. It's like watching my future 9 hours from now and I can't stand it.

Bud, I urge you to review the numbers and read these articles, especially the first one.

I get having preferences, but this kid can play.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/baker-mayfield-advance-analytics-nfl-draft-oklahoma-pff

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-baker-mayfields-tape-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/qbase-2018

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right now, would you trade Peppers and 4 for Hooker?

yes we all no a injury plaqued safety is much more important then say rosen,how come you do not know thatI

I think we need to trade the 4th overall and peppers for hooker

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think his numbers were disappointing, but you have to view them in context.

Most of his INT’s came early in the year when he was playing behind a shoddy, inexperienced line.  He also doesn’t have much in the way of talent at skill positions either, save RB. By the end of the year he was back to playing pretty damned good football.

Comparatively Baker had much more help around him.

LIS though, no wrong answer imo.  I’d honestly include Rosen in that group too, he’s a damn fine prospect.  I just don’t think he’s as good of a fit here.

Yeah I keep hearing this fallacy that he didn’t show improvement. Completely false. 

26 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

**** Albert Breer.

If you hear guys talk, I hear a coached-up con man in Josh Allen. In Darnold I hear either a young guy or a simpleton--can't tell at this point. With Rosen, I actually hear a people pleaser. I hear an A-type with Baker.

Ur the worse. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I keep hearing this fallacy that he didn’t show improvement. Completely false. 

Yeah you can progress even if the numbers don’t look like it.

He was required to do more with less on center stage as the “number one pick” all year and didn’t crap down his leg.

I still think he’s the guy, but we’ll see.

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

In a heartbeat, we can survive and still be good without Chubb, plus we already have two of the same exact player in Peppers/Kindred

Is this serious? Hooker wasn't worth the 4th pick last year and he isn't worth the 4th pick this year. He still takes poor angles and doesn't tackle well. Peppers is no sure thing, #4 is no sure thing but neither is Malik Hooker. His career could easily still end up in the toilet end even if it doesn't I still don't see a player than impacts the game at every level the way Troy P and Ed Reed did. Hooker will always be a guy who thrives when others create but he'll never be a corner piece himself.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah you can progress even if the numbers don’t look like it.

He was required to do more with less on center stage as the “number one pick” all year and didn’t crap down his leg.

I still think he’s the guy, but we’ll see.

Agree on all counts. 

7 minutes ago, Keylargobrownie said:

I am an OSU Homer, but please guys you have to separate your love for the buckeyes and Brown's. I love hooker, but #4 and Peppers Is absolutely absurd. If we are gonna do that we may as well redraft jff tonight at #1. 

I couldn’t care less about the buckeyes. But peppers is useless. 

Archived