Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Measurable, singular. Just height.

And it's a big one. That's like saying the only thing Josh Allen is missing is accuracy.

Is it the same though? 25% of the top 8 NFL QBs are shorter than Mayfield, how many are less accurate than Allen?

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Mayfield certainly fits that the best. I just think that’s a pretty flawed QB checklist, and a lot of successful pro QBs would score very low on it.

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

BUT

On the bright side, JT Barrett would MORE than fulfill it.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Mayfield certainly fits that the best. I just think that’s a pretty flawed QB checklist, and a lot of successful pro QBs would score very low on it.

For sure.  Not my rules though, take it up with Parcells ? 

I think there are exceptions for sure, but I think every box a qb can check is a positive.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just had visions of trading both #1 and #4 for massive hauls and to take Mason Rudolph at 32 and then having 6 Top 50 picks for the next 50 years running. Only Ray Farmer could screw up that many Top 50 picks. Hiring anyone else and we're golden.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Including height and off the field?

Asking for a friend...

Height? Sure.  It’s not a deal breaker though. I still haven’t heard of a qb failing because of height though. If forced to choose, I’d take a shorter guy who can play as opposed to a prototypical stud who sucks at football.

Off the field? Kind of subjective.  You and I see his issues differently. The drinking?  Eh, Jim Kelly, Roethlisberger, Favre, etc were all party boys. More I’m sure. Craig Krenzel and Ken Dorsey were Boy Scouts.  It works both ways.

I’ll say this, no one who’s actually been around Mayfield the last few years has the off the field concerns that I’ve heard, only those watching from afar.  He’s a cocky arse, no doubt, but I’d image the list of cocky professional athletes is fairly lengthy.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Height? Sure.  It’s not a deal breaker though. I still haven’t heard of a qb failing because of height though. If forced to choose, I’d take a shorter guy who can play as opposed to a prototypical stud who sucks at football.

What if you could get the prototypical stud that's great at football? (DARNOLD) That's the debate here.

Off the field? Kind of subjective.  You and I see his issues differently. The drinking?  Eh, Jim Kelly, Roethlisberger, Favre, etc were all party boys. More I’m sure. Craig Krenzel and Ken Dorsey were Boy Scouts.  It works both ways.

Yes, let's compare 2 1st rounders and a high 2nd rounder to a 6th and 7th rounder. That's the same.

I’ll say this, no one who’s actually been around Mayfield the last few years has the off the field concerns that I’ve heard, only those watching from afar.  He’s a cocky arse, no doubt, but I’d image the list of cocky professional athletes is fairly lengthy.

I'd rather have Sam. He's a lot better. Then again, I preferred Watson over Trubisky and really wanted Aaron Rodgers in 2004. What do I know? We should listen to and trust our front office.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Hey guys. If you’re wondering where I am tonight, look for me seeing what weapons my Niners get my boy Jimmy G. We’re taking down @ditchdigger‘s Seahawks this year. 

Have fun winning a lot of games the next few years but you are welcome back to the FF Super Bowl Party in 2020 when Baker is kicking mud holes in the Steelers and the rest of the league.

Archived