Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m sorry this is flat out wrong. He is great at football right now. He’s great DESPITE mechanical problems. Btw I’m not a guy who cares deeply at mechanical issues, can he get the ball where it needs to go with anticipation?  Darnold has proven he absolutely can. Remember I grew up watching Bernie Kosar. He would have been absolutely hated in here, he did just fine in the nfl. 

And for those worried about his mechanics, from everything I’ve read he’s cleaned them up. If true he should be the top pick no?

Mechanics are overrated for sure to some degree.

Bernie was a hot mess, as is Rivers.  

A qb has to be able to identify where to go with the ball and be able to deliver it accurately and on time.  That’s pretty much it.  Obviously a lot easier to type out on an iPad than actually do IRL.

20 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m sorry this is flat out wrong. He is great at football right now. He’s great DESPITE mechanical problems. Btw I’m not a guy who cares deeply at mechanical issues, can he get the ball where it needs to go with anticipation?  Darnold has proven he absolutely can. Remember I grew up watching Bernie Kosar. He would have been absolutely hated in here, he did just fine in the nfl. 

And for those worried about his mechanics, from everything I’ve read he’s cleaned them up. If true he should be the top pick no?

yeah, just because you say its flat out wrong doesnt make it so.

thing i care about - is he consistent in his delivery and is he consistently accurate.  

if they take him, great, i hope he sits for a full 16 games so he doesnt revert like kizer did.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I didn't hear he cleaned them up. @DizzyDean, did you hear that?

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Tried. Had to make the wife clean the walls in the bathroom. I figured the shower will have to do until the excitement wears off.

It happens to the best of us

and also to the Mind Characters of us.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You guys got me quoting big poppa pump as a source of wisdom FFS.

Look at what you’ve done to me.

You must have missed where bpp and I became besties. I'm like a Baker Mayfield in this forum, hoisting my teammates up to greatness.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

yeah, just because you say its flat out wrong doesnt make it so.

thing i care about - is he consistent in his delivery and is he consistently accurate.  

if they take him, great, i hope he sits for a full 16 games so he doesnt revert like kizer did.

I honestly don’t think he will. I personally feel he’s as can’t miss as you can get. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mechanics are overrated for sure to some degree.

Bernie was a hot mess, as is Rivers.  

A qb has to be able to identify where to go with the ball and be able to deliver it accurately and on time.  That’s pretty much it.  Obviously a lot easier to type out on an iPad than actually do IRL.

Yep. Mahomes was a good example last year. His mechanics were crap and yet danged if he couldn’t get the ball with great placement. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I honestly don’t think he will. I personally feel he’s as can’t miss as you can get. 

Yeah, see, this tells me you've bought hard and aren't seeing straight anymore. There is no can't miss guy in this class. Not Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, nobody. There is no Luck/Manning/Elway type. Heck, I don't know if there's even a Mariota type. 

13 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, see, this tells me you've bought hard and aren't seeing straight anymore. There is no can't miss guy in this class. Not Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, nobody. There is no Luck/Manning/Elway type. Heck, I don't know if there's even a Mariota type. 

Disagree. 

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lmao hue leaked it immediately. As if Dorsey needed any more proof who the leak is in the building. 

What if Dorsey told the Haslams it would be Darnold, and then said watch this.  "I'm going to tell Hue it is Baker two days before the draft."  "Let's see if Hue leaks it?"

lolololol

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

What if Dorsey told the Haslams it would be Darnold, and then said watch this.  "I'm going to tell Hue it is Baker two days before the draft."  "Let's see if Hue leaks it?"

lolololol

It may sound far fetched but it wouldn’t surprise me if this is reality!

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lmao hue leaked it immediately. As if Dorsey needed any more proof who the leak is in the building. 

This is the type of confirmation bias that I hate...

Mort and Will Brinson come out and say this, and everyone jumps out the window with their feel good confirmatory Fire Hue he's the leaker stuff...

How did I know it was Mayfield all this time? Those leaks were in the personnel department not the coaches.

Furthermore, Hue was not the only one within the last few days that received the information... THE Entire offensive coaching staff... The PR department to get ahead of things... Key people in the business side of things...

Additionally, many people have known it was Baker for weeks based on a wide variety of sources on the Browns business side of things and the personnel side...

People literally are unable to think clearly when it comes to things that feel good to believe and confirm their pre-existing attitudes..

On this forum... we have Baker love and confirmation bias today... I think I'll check myself out...

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

lolololol

A few of us were thinking the same thing. I of course hope it's actually Mayfield while y'all are all in on skinny Farley, but either way I hope Hue gets fired for cause if it can be shown that he is definitively the leak. That seriously could undermine draft trade negotiation leverage.

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

lolololol

v possible

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

lolololol

This was one of my first thoughts. I can see it happening. 

Archived