Hunter is becoming the Hunted (Upd 3/2024: Signed with his hometown Texans)

swede700

I’d prefer we pay and keep him and let him rush the QB every play essentially. 

If we are trading him now, like what was the delay, did they not believe the Hunter camp previously in the salary demands? I just hope we don’t miss the boat with the “Max return” like we prolly did with Cook previously, as the consequences on asset losses with Hunter could be alot greater compared to potentially Cook. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

If he's an outside LB, aren't they really running a 4 3?

I'd move anyone for the right price, but I'd also keep him and go to a 4 3 

not really. OLBs are edge rushers in a 3-4. Flores is not changing his base defense to a 4-3, but he's already said that there will be multiple looks and game plans will change based on who they are playing.

42 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

not really. OLBs are edge rushers in a 3-4. Flores is not changing his base defense to a 4-3, but he's already said that there will be multiple looks and game plans will change based on who they are playing.

I mean, he rushes the QB every play, hopefully.....what's the actual difference? He stands up? He move around? Is that really a difference (please, never let him cover a RB or TE again).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I’d prefer we pay and keep him and let him rush the QB every play essentially. 

If we are trading him now, like what was the delay, did they not believe the Hunter camp previously in the salary demands? I just hope we don’t miss the boat with the “Max return” like we prolly did with Cook previously, as the consequences on asset losses with Hunter could be alot greater compared to potentially Cook. 

We should still be able to get a 2 and a future 4 or 5 I think for Hunter.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

We should still be able to get a 2 and a future 4 or 5 I think for Hunter.

Then you keep him and pay him. Premier pass rushers don't fall into your lap. Any offer that doesn't start with a 1st round pick should not be entertained.

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If the most we are offered is late 2nd & late 5th (contending team), do the ppl in the “trade him camp” do that deal?

No.  I'd probably need a better deal than that.  If I'd get only a late 2nd, the 5th rounder would have to be a conditional 4th.