***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

Thor showed in Thor: Ragnarok that he could spot Loki when he was using illusions. Unless they just want to completely retcon everything about the movie (since they already retconned so much involving Thor's character then I guess it wouldn't be a big deal at this point) then Loki is dead.

The MCU loses all stakes if Loki and everyone else returns.

Edited by seminoles1

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Thor showed in Thor: Ragnarok that he could spot Loki when he was using illusions. Unless they just want to completely retcon everything about the movie (since they already retconned so much involving Thor's character then I guess it wouldn't be a big deal at this point) then Loki is dead.

He was able to figure "spot" Loki because his actions while disguised as Odin were unusual. I don't believe they show Thor at any point actually being able to just identify Loki while he is using illusions, he just knows him well. Thor hasn't interacted with Banner/Hulk much since Loki was "killed" on the ship. Part of that time Thor was in a very weak state. Unless there is another time that you are thinking about, it wouldn't require any retconning and actually makes some sense even if they don't go that route.

4 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

He was able to figure "spot" Loki because his actions while disguised as Odin were unusual. I don't believe they show Thor at any point actually being able to just identify Loki while he is using illusions, he just knows him well. Thor hasn't interacted with Banner/Hulk much since Loki was "killed" on the ship. Part of that time Thor was in a very weak state. Unless there is another time that you are thinking about, it wouldn't require any retconning and actually makes some sense even if they don't go that route.

He spots fake Loki immediately when Loki tries to leave him and steal his own ship.

Edited by seminoles1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

He spots fake Loki immediately when Loki tries to leave him and steal his own ship.

Or did he notice two Lokis (by sound or sight)? I'd honestly have to rewatch the scene, but I don't know that it's definite either way. There's still the point that I made also that Thor and Banner/Hulk haven't really interacted since the ship that I remember. I'm by no means saying that it's definitely the way they go, but it's plausible (but still unlikely).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

When i watched that scene initially it seemed like the same thing @skywlker32 mentioned - Thor just knew Loki would try to deceive him and was having none of it.  Not that he sensed it by any extrasensory method.

I'll have to watch it again, but i really don't think the films made apparent or even tried to show Thor using some "super" ability to see through Loki's deceptions.

Also, in IF when Thor was on the GotG ship, he said something to the effect of how he believed Loki might actually be dead this time.  But he didn't really sound sure.  So that ought to prove right there that Thor doesn't have 100% insight into Loki's deceptions.

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Well he has 2 eyes again halfway through Infinity War (1 thing they quickly retconned).

I would’ve thought that once Thor got his new hammer, his body would’ve regenerated a new eye and he wouldn’t need the cybernetic eye given to him by Rocket.  But then again, Odin went who knows how many years without one eye.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, seminoles1 said:

I was just watching Ragnarok.  The answer to this is very easy.  Surtur tells Thor in the opening sequence that Odin isn't on Asgard.  That, combined with Odin's strange actions, and Thor knows it's Loki.

• Like 1