disaacs

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm not clever or witty enough to come up with a joke about how a baseball to the face might make take him from looking like Thor to Sloth from The Goonies. I keep getting hung up on the fact that the Packers already had a linebacker that looked like Sloth in AJ Hawk.

I think the vikes won that one:

hqdefault.jpg

BrockLesnar-2004SweetSpot.jpg

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I think the vikes won that one:

hqdefault.jpg

BrockLesnar-2004SweetSpot.jpg

Doesn't count, considering he never actually made the final roster...but evenso, there's this...

Ray-Nitschke-VB-2.jpg

Edited by disaacs

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

Doesn't count, considering he never actually made the final roster...but evenso, there's this...

Ray-Nitschke-VB-2.jpg

It counts alright  but that one is great too.

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

Ray-Nitschke-VB-2.jpg

Yeah, if Ray took a line drive to the face, I'd be more worried about the damage to the softball.  

Pitching in softball is dangerous and no joke.  I hit a pitcher once on the instep of his foot so hard the ball rolled all the way back to the backstop.  He was limping the rest of the game and moved over to play first base.  Another time a friend of mine hit a line drive into the stomach of the same pitcher (no - he didn't have the best reflexes) and as the pitcher's teammates gathered around him to see if he was alright, my friend jogged around the bases for a "home run".  Now that's "class".

Hope Clay has a speedy recovery.  I suppose he'll have one of those face shield helmets.  Does anyone know, do those helmets limit your visibility as a player?

16 hours ago, since72 said:

I suppose he'll have one of those face shield helmets.

If you're talking about the face mask I think you are those have been banned by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362461/article/nfl-prohibiting-nonstandard-facemasks

If anything he could wear a visor to add a little additional protection if the injury isn't fully healed in time.

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

The brilliance of Fav-ruh....

This makes me miss Brett being in the league. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, disaacs said:

WTF? That employee needs to be fired!!