Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm not clever or witty enough to come up with a joke about how a baseball to the face might make take him from looking like Thor to Sloth from The Goonies. I keep getting hung up on the fact that the Packers already had a linebacker that looked like Sloth in AJ Hawk.

I think the vikes won that one:

hqdefault.jpg

BrockLesnar-2004SweetSpot.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

Doesn't count, considering he never actually made the final roster...but evenso, there's this...

Ray-Nitschke-VB-2.jpg

Yeah, if Ray took a line drive to the face, I'd be more worried about the damage to the softball.  

Pitching in softball is dangerous and no joke.  I hit a pitcher once on the instep of his foot so hard the ball rolled all the way back to the backstop.  He was limping the rest of the game and moved over to play first base.  Another time a friend of mine hit a line drive into the stomach of the same pitcher (no - he didn't have the best reflexes) and as the pitcher's teammates gathered around him to see if he was alright, my friend jogged around the bases for a "home run".  Now that's "class".

Hope Clay has a speedy recovery.  I suppose he'll have one of those face shield helmets.  Does anyone know, do those helmets limit your visibility as a player?

16 hours ago, since72 said:

I suppose he'll have one of those face shield helmets.

If you're talking about the face mask I think you are those have been banned by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362461/article/nfl-prohibiting-nonstandard-facemasks

If anything he could wear a visor to add a little additional protection if the injury isn't fully healed in time.

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

If you're talking about the face mask I think you are those have been banned by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362461/article/nfl-prohibiting-nonstandard-facemasks

If anything he could wear a visor to add a little additional protection if the injury isn't fully healed in time.

Yeah sorry, I was thinking about the visor.

According to Michael Cohen of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb is recovering from an ankle injury, which may keep him off the field for the start of training camp.

On June 4, Cobb participated in OTAs with media present. But then Packers veterans were excused from minicamp. But Cohen apparently ran into him at the airport, and Cobb was in the boot, which he described as “temporary” (as opposed to the dreaded permanent walking boots). Cobb did not say whether he had surgery or how or when the injury happened. The team apparently is not concerned about his availability for the start of the regular season, and is willing to ease him back in during training camp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/25/randall-cobb-in-a-walking-boot-after-ankle-injury/

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers continues to be woefully underpaid. And the Packers continue to be seemingly on the verge of fixing that.

“We hope to soon have a contract extension,” Packers president Mark Murphy recently said regarding Rodgers, via WTMJ.com.

Rodgers surely hopes to have one, too. At $22 million per year, he has been leapfrogged in the last two years by the likes of Andrew Luck, Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, and Matt Ryan. The gap between arguably the best quarterback in the game and the highest paid quarterback in the game currently stands at $8 million per year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/30/mark-murphy-packers-hope-to-extend-aaron-rodgers-contract-soon/