Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

A charity softball game took a serious turn Saturday when Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews took a line drive to the face.

Matthews, who was pitching to Packers offensive lineman Lucas Patrick in the Green & Gold Charity Softball Game, was slow to react to the ball, which Patrick hit directly back to him. As seen in the above video, Matthews didn't have time to deflect the ball, which appeared to strike him in the nose.

A source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that, following Matthews' trip to the emergency room, the linebacker was confirmed to have suffered a broken nose.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935442/article/clay-matthews-suffers-broken-nose-in-softball-game

Lucas Patrick is just doing what we've all wanted to do in crushing Matthews right in the face!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:17 AM, SteelKing728 said:

A charity softball game took a serious turn Saturday when Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews took a line drive to the face.

Matthews, who was pitching to Packers offensive lineman Lucas Patrick in the Green & Gold Charity Softball Game, was slow to react to the ball, which Patrick hit directly back to him. As seen in the above video, Matthews didn't have time to deflect the ball, which appeared to strike him in the nose.

A source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that, following Matthews' trip to the emergency room, the linebacker was confirmed to have suffered a broken nose.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935442/article/clay-matthews-suffers-broken-nose-in-softball-game

Lucas Patrick is just doing what we've all wanted to do in crushing Matthews right in the face!

Classy.

Edited by ArthurPensky

McCarthy said before offseason workouts Monday that Matthews will likely have surgery later this week. He says he has no long-term concerns with the injury.

https://apnews.com/0bbb84508ea34dd688aca09551b76c3c

Apparently, we're so dumb as a society now that they have to announce that there's no long-term concerns with a broken nose.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Klomp said:
1 hour ago, disaacs said:

https://apnews.com/0bbb84508ea34dd688aca09551b76c3c

Apparently, we're so dumb as a society now that they have to announce that there's no long-term concerns with a broken nose.  

Hit in the face/head area, I think there's always going to be someone who freaks out.

Yeah, my thoughts about saying that it's not a long term concern is to cut down any concussion speculation or something like that, versus broken nose itself being why they released a statement.

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

if he needed followup surgery or plastic surgery, that would be a concern. for the timing of summer practices.

But that's not a long-term concern.  To me, and even to address Gnat's point, it had already been announced that it was simply a broken nose.  To add in discussion in later that there's no long-term concern is like saying "I got a sliver in my pinky...I have no long-term concern for my blogging career as a result of that sliver."  It's nonsense to me that people would even ask that question to warrant an answer from them. I guess, in this era of supposedly "fake news", people have to have clarification on rather easily inferred things.  

12 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Classy.

Steve has made great strides in the last few years, but occasionally slips back into old habits.  Under the sage tutelage of Vike Daddy, he's turned his life around...360 degrees!  (Let's see how many of you remember that quote!)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Steve has made great strides in the last few years, but occasionally slips back into old habits.  Under the sage tutelage of Vike Daddy, he's turned his life around...360 degrees!  (Let's see how many of you remember that quote!)

Haha, its just a friendly jab at a division rival. Packers fans say stuff about the Vikings all the time. That's okay. Its all in good fun as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad Matthews is okay. Injuries suck and this could have been a lot worse for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Haha, its just a friendly jab at a division rival. Packers fans say stuff about the Vikings all the time. That's okay. Its all in good fun as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad Matthews is okay. Injuries suck and this could have been a lot worse for him.

Every divisional team says stuff about the other and there's obviously nothing wrong with that. I've just never found making fun of someone getting hurt to the point of needing surgery to be a "friendly jab" . Quite the opposite.

6 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Every divisional team says stuff about the other and there's obviously nothing wrong with that. I've just never found making fun of someone getting hurt to the point of needing surgery to be a "friendly jab" . Quite the opposite.

I agree. I’ve played over 25 years of softball. I’ve seen a few come backs to the face resulting in facial, orbital, and nose fractures. Seriously scary moments. I root against the Pack while they are playing football, I’m a  Vikes fan after all. I wish no ill will toward Matthews or any other Packer player. Hoping for a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

I'm not clever or witty enough to come up with a joke about how a baseball to the face might make take him from looking like Thor to Sloth from The Goonies. I keep getting hung up on the fact that the Packers already had a linebacker that looked like Sloth in AJ Hawk.