Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

This is a joke right?  Maybe this is what he considers his being "immunized".  

Back to his recent instagram post, this is Aaron Rodgers before that post again....

2881ddee04bf017bbe9ace9700059030.gif

Concerned he has not been talked about the last day or two, he sure loves the attention

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He's been silenced, ya know...apparently, as silenced as the MyPillow guy, who I see on TV several times a day hawking his wares.

Yes. "Cancelled" does not mean what Aaron wants it to mean. There just isn't a less likable person in the NFL than Aaron Rodgers. 

I always find that weird...if you've already made a decision, then just tell them.  If you haven't made a decision yet (which I believe is highly unlikely) then say so.  None of this "I'll let them know when I'm plain and ready to let them know."  That's why he's disliked.  

ESPN’s Dianna Russini: “From the conversations I’ve had with a lot of people in the league, Aaron wants to be the highest-paid player in the NFL by a wide margin. So we’re talking about $50 million a year. We know the cap situation the Green Bay Packers are in. We know Davante Adams needs to get paid. So there’s a lot on the table.”

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-aaron-rodgers-50000000-demand-from-green-bay-this-offseason/?fbclid=IwAR3HyRUZM3aOsZDWF8d84OtG1SB6wD0AlvwcHr1N9F1-Vt75DHoYAN3rVik

if true, sounds like he's trying to force a trade. i mean, the dude knows how to balance a checkbook, he knows GB can't afford a salary like that.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ESPN’s Dianna Russini: “From the conversations I’ve had with a lot of people in the league, Aaron wants to be the highest-paid player in the NFL by a wide margin. So we’re talking about $50 million a year. We know the cap situation the Green Bay Packers are in. We know Davante Adams needs to get paid. So there’s a lot on the table.”

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-aaron-rodgers-50000000-demand-from-green-bay-this-offseason/?fbclid=IwAR3HyRUZM3aOsZDWF8d84OtG1SB6wD0AlvwcHr1N9F1-Vt75DHoYAN3rVik

if true, sounds like he's trying to force a trade. i mean, the dude knows how to balance a checkbook, he knows GB can't afford a salary like that.

Definitely not without handicapping the team for years after he's gone.

So in one week the Packers went from being roughly - $28 mil in cap space for 2022 which was 2nd worst in the NFL to being - $6 mil in cap space.

Got rid of about $22 mil in a week by just redoing some contracts and turning money into roster bonus or signing bonuses for three players.  

Maybe I am reading that wrong but still that is pretty nuts to flip that quickly and that easily.  

On 2/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, swede700 said:

Definitely not without handicapping the team for years after he's gone.

Would seem an undesirable situation to be in GB if they can’t afford to bring back Adams. I think that is the only thing holding up Rodgers, can they afford both. The defense will likely see a regression. Perhaps naming a high price is an attempt to scare off GB to go to a team that might be closer and in a better cap position. 

40 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Would seem an undesirable situation to be in GB if they can’t afford to bring back Adams. I think that is the only thing holding up Rodgers, can they afford both. The defense will likely see a regression. Perhaps naming a high price is an attempt to scare off GB to go to a team that might be closer and in a better cap position. 

I imagine they can, even if it means they have to let guys like Douglas, one of the Smith bros and Campbell to walk.

You'd think after 1 or 2 years of 13 win seasons that there would be regression, but even with some turnover, I doubt their record will change much next season. 

They might as well go all in this offseason and try to win one more SB with Rodgers.

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You'd think after 1 or 2 years of 13 win seasons that there would be regression, but even with some turnover, I doubt their record will change much next season. 

Well, it's helped the last 2 seasons that both the Bears and us have been pretty much garbage, so if there is some improvement within the division, yes, the record can change.  I think the weaknesses at the top of the NFC have been their greatest boon in their regular season records during that time.  The NFC is a lot deeper than the AFC, but it's deeper with a bunch of mediocrity at the top.  It's unfortunate for the Packers fans that they haven't cashed in on that mediocrity, but they are tremendously flawed, just like almost everyone in the NFC.  They just haven't realized it during the regular season yet.  It could happen though..but maybe not, since our division is playing the NFC East this year, probably by far, the worst division in the NFL.  

• Like 1

How much should people read into the fact that the team didn’t include Rodgers in their London photo? None whatsoever. 

How much do I want to read into the fact that the team didn’t include Rodgers in their London photo? Everything. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3