Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I know you understand that there's a significant difference between what GMs do and what Aaron Rodgers did, most notably, the GMs do it out of pure gamesmanship.  Gamesmanship had nothing to do with what Aaron Rodgers did.  He did it in a attempt to avoid public scrutiny.  Aaron pretty much acted like a teenager does to his parents...lie and hope the worst doesn't happen so he could get away with it. 

I know you know as an ex-. mod that you shouldn't be discussing or perpetuating discussions about politics (vax).

Smoke screen lies by GMs have nothing to do with politics.  And a lie is a lie, independent of what the meaning of 'is' is.

Gamesmanship is a meaningless exercise if ALL discussions about potential draft choices are lies.  They are not; e.g. Vikings must add several defensive players in the 2022 Draft.  Saying the DL is their main or only interest is a lie perhaps intended to mislead teams with draft selections before or after the Vikings selection.

I also know the current mods know that some of the above discussion is political, yet they allowed it to continue without warnings.  The one thing I can only speculate on, but do not know for certain, is why.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I know you know as an ex-. mod that you shouldn't be discussing or perpetuating discussions about politics (vax).

Smoke screen lies by GMs have nothing to do with politics.  And a lie is a lie, independent of what the meaning of 'is' is.

Gamesmanship is a meaningless exercise if ALL discussions about potential draft choices are lies.  They are not; e.g. Vikings must add several defensive players in the 2022 Draft.  Saying the DL is their main or only interest is a lie perhaps intended to mislead teams with draft selections before or after the Vikings selection.

I also know the current mods know that some of the above discussion is political, yet they allowed it to continue without warnings.  The one thing I can only speculate on, but do not know for certain, is why.

I said absolutely nothing political in that comment.  If you took it that way, that's on you.  He lied.  He could have lied about anything.  The fact is he lied to protect himself from public scrutiny.  That's not political conversation.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

I said absolutely nothing political in that comment.  If you took it that way, that's on you.  He lied.  He could have lied about anything.  The fact is he lied to protect himself from public scrutiny.  That's not political conversation.

Vax is a political issue, despite what you claim.

18 hours ago, Purplexing said:

You obviously do not understand the boundaries of the rule structure of this site, even though you insist you do. You are wrong though, and if you want the highest clarity possible, then take your concerns directly to the Webmaster and he will set you straight.

I'll weigh in on this, and I do so with the following credentials backing up my position:

• in a little over a month I will be a 17 year Veteran Member of this site.
  • during that time I have logged over 91,000 posts in multiple sub forums showing a wide view and understanding of the site's allowable range of posting.
  • for five years I was the MINN forum Co-Mod during which this sub forum's activity numbers quadrupled, and was recognized sitewide as having e a fanbase that was civil, engaging, thoughtful, and fun.
  • I was chosen by the Webmaster to be the NFL News forum's inaugural Co-Moderator.
  • I was chosen by the Webmaster to be a Global Mod, and year long Acting Moderator in two team forums who were without moderators.
  • I was chosen by the Webmaster to be the site's Moderator Recruiter and Trainer, and hand picked well over 50 members to become Moderators with Webby's approval.
  • During the first five years of this site's existence, during its period of largest growth, I was the Webmaster's right hand man in defining and implementing the site's boundaries. We had hours long private discussions multiple times a week, working out the intricacies of the site's optimum operation. During that time he entrusted me with the knowledge of his identity, his home town, and even his favorite NFL team. That information I will take to my cyber grave.
  • in the Moderator's Forum (yes, one exists and is known as the Batcave...) I authored numerous threads for discussion and education of salient and specific points of Moderator responsibilities and rule boundaries. I literally wrote the book on how to be a moderator. Literally.

You are incorrect of your assessment of MINN moderators allowing a rule breaking conversation to take place, regarding Rodger's recent public statements. You have been incorrect in the past as to moderators and their interpretation of the site's rule boundaries, and alleged them having biases.

The recent discussion, and subsequent condemnation, of Rodgers' statements is not a political one. The issue being discussed is Rodger's personal character, his integrity, his willingness to lie publicly, or at very least intentionally mislead the public through carefully chosen vocabulary.

The subject matter of what he mislead/lied about is not what is being discussed, only that he chose to do so. Members are being careful in their replies to this subject to not be offering their own views on a highly charged politicized subject, and will be stopped by moderators should they cross that line.

I heartily suggest you take your concerns directly to the Webmaster in a PM discussion, and you will see that his view is the same here. His judgment on this site is the final word and cannot be appealed to any higher authority. So if you seek full clarity, then please contact him privately.

Another matter he will discuss with you is that it IS against the rule structure for you to publicly criticize/discuss your views of moderation on the site, which you have done repeatedly and regularly in your time here.

If what you want to learn truly is what is allowed and what is not on this site, then I not only ask, but encourage, you to take your concerns directly to the Webmaster. You are a highly intelligent and articulate person, and I can only hope you would accept his view as the final one on the matter.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 7

The Packers are promoting offensive line coach/run game coordinator Adam Stenavich to offensive coordinator, NFL Media reports.

Hackett wanted Stenavich as his offensive coordinator in Denver, but the Packers blocked the move by making Stenavich their offensive coordinator. The Broncos now will turn their attention to Packers tight ends coach Justin Outten for the job, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/30/report-packers-promote-adam-stenavich-to-offensive-coordinator/

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Packers “are prepared to go all in for Aaron Rodgers in 2022, spending as close to the cap this year and spreading it into future years as much as possible.” Ian Rapoport of NFL Media says that the Packers “are willing to offer Rodgers a deal that makes him the highest-paid QB in the NFL on a per-year basis — likely a two-year pact worth more than $45 million annually, with voidable years on the back end to make it work with the cap.”

Rodgers currently gets paid a much as Jared Goff. If the Packers were to offer, say, a two-year, $100 million contract, how could Rodgers say no? It’s a tremendous payday, but it’s not grossly out of line with the market. It compensates him for future services, and it rewards him for a pair of MVP seasons played at an average rate of $33.5 million annually.

But here’s the thing. Someone with knowledge reached out and said that, at this point, it’s not about money for Rodgers. While the gesture itself would say plenty (and it would, as a practical matter, relegate Jordan Love to the bench for two more years), the only gesture that Rodgers may want at this point is a trade out of town.

Our guess is that the Packers are putting out the word regarding their willingness to break the bank in order to avoid getting their chops busted if/when Rodgers leaves. Obviously, the Packers won’t want to be blamed if Rodgers chooses to leave. To avoid that, they need to create the impression that they’re doing everything that can to keep him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/13/packers-reportedly-plan-to-make-a-move-to-keep-aaron-rodgers-but-will-it-matter/

fine with me, break the bank on him.

It’s going to be interesting in Green Bay. Can they find a way to keep Rodgers? Absolutely. But can they find away to keep Rodgers AND a team that he thinks can make a run? 

Being $50M over the expected cap, plus keeping Adams, plus keeping the rest of the roster together is a very tall order. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s going to be interesting in Green Bay. Can they find a way to keep Rodgers? Absolutely. But can they find away to keep Rodgers AND a team that he thinks can make a run? 

Being $50M over the expected cap, plus keeping Adams, plus keeping the rest of the roster together is a very tall order. 

They’ve shown they can’t win it all when he’s making as much as Jared Goff. I’m all for seeing how much worse they are when he’s paid twice as much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

There's actually a pretty solid YouTube video with a mock FA offseason for Green Bay.  It's not perfect but it's relatively speaking in the ballpark.

There's a few assumptions that I wouldn't have made, but it's a solid watch/listen.  Namely, I don't think Rasul Douglas is back next year and I think he underestimated his market.  I think he's at least a $6M/year player as well.  Plus, he doesn't touch a potential Davante Adams extension which if he signs one will almost assuredly drop his Y1 cap hit from the franchise tag value.  That and he simply restructures Aaron Rodgers, which I think an extension is more likely then a restructure.