2012 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Asst. DB)
2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DB)
2014–2015 Cleveland Browns (DB)
2016–2018 San Francisco 49ers (DB)
2019 Ohio State (co-DC/DB)
2020–present Boston College

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

because of....? no pro experience?

With the list of coaches that the Packers interviewed, who all appeared far more qualified to be a DC, the optics of this choice looks like LaFluer hired a friend. 

I could be completely wrong, so I’m certainly not going to criticize the choice. Hence the choice of “interesting”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

With the list of coaches that the Packers interviewed, who all appeared far more qualified to be a DC, the optics of this choice looks like LaFluer hired a friend. 

I could be completely wrong, so I’m certainly not going to criticize the choice. Hence the choice of “interesting”.

Probably fairly accurate description of the situation.  Although, I think it probably had more to do with Kyle Shanahan giving his input than LaFleur hiring a friend.  As far as I'm aware, they've never coached together but LaFleur and Shanahan are pretty much tied together, and Robert Saleh was the DC when Hafley was the DB coach.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Probably fairly accurate description of the situation.  Although, I think it probably had more to do with Kyle Shanahan giving his input than LaFleur hiring a friend.  As far as I'm aware, they've never coached together but LaFleur and Shanahan are pretty much tied together, and Robert Saleh was the DC when Hafley was the DB coach.

Does PackLand like the move?

Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst put to rest any question about where Jaire Alexander stands with the team. Gutekunst offered a one-word answer when asked whether he will consider trading the cornerback this offseason.

“No,” Gutekunst said.

Alexander had a weird, forgettable season that saw him miss 10 total games, nine to injury and one to a team suspension. He insisted after returning from the suspension that he hoped to remain with the Packers for 2024, and it appears he will get his wish.

He is scheduled to make $6.65 million in base salary and count $23.981 million against the cap next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-gutekunst-says-packers-will-not-consider-trading-jaire-alexander

• 3 weeks later...

The Packers created some cap space on Monday by restructuring edge rusher Rashan Gary’s contract and they could create more of it by parting ways with veteran left tackle David Bakhtiari.

Bakhtiari is set to have a cap number of more than $40 million, which would be a lot even if he had not missed 38 of the team’s last 51 regular season games because of knee issues. Cutting him would open up more than $20 million in cap space, but General Manager Brian Gutekunst told reporters on Tuesday that the team has not made a decision about Bakhtiari yet.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-hope-to-make-david-bakhtiari-decision-before-start-of-league-year

• 2 weeks later...