Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I knew after hearing that the Packers won that the coverage (and Packers' fans) would be insufferable.  Reading Twitter, I believe that to be true. 

oh, i'd let them have their moment. if we won a playoff game and scored 48 points we'd be giddy too.

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

oh, i'd let them have their moment. if we won a playoff game and scored 48 points we'd be giddy too.

I can say that about the Lions' fans, but not the Packers...because the Packers take those moments and stretch them out for years. 

On 1/3/2024 at 1:07 AM, wcblack34 said:

I'm perfectly fine with the Packers talking themselves into $50MM a year for Jordan Love. This is a dream scenario. 

Just like it was a "dream scenario" when they "wasted" a pick on him instead of Tee Higgins or something?

On 1/16/2024 at 9:05 AM, swede700 said:

I knew after hearing that the Packers won that the coverage (and Packers' fans) would be insufferable.  Reading Twitter, I believe that to be true. 

Can you really blame packer fans after the amount of crap they've heard for 3 + years that Love was an awful pick and would suck from so many?

On 1/16/2024 at 10:32 AM, swede700 said:

I can say that about the Lions' fans, but not the Packers...because the Packers take those moments and stretch them out for years. 

I'll politely disagree with you on this...for the following reason....you see, the Packers....almost historically at this stage...produce memorable moments at a far greater clip than our compadres in the NFCN. As a consequence, we're almost forced to move on to the next achievement....which is sad in a way.

Just a little good humored ribbing between rivals :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can you really blame packer fans after the amount of crap they've heard for 3 + years that Love was an awful pick and would suck from so many?

Yes, I can.  They've really done their utmost in insulting other Vikings' fans over their lack of SB titles for far longer before that, so they really asked for some crap when the others felt they had an opportunity to do so. 

I personally would have been interested in the Vikings taking Love at the time, but then they traded down with SF (who took Aiyuk) because I thought it would be a good opportunity for them to have him sit behind Kirk.  Of course, once the Packers traded for him, then it turned into hope that he failed.  I think he's done really well this year, but I still don't trust him over the long haul.  We'll have to see how he performs in the next year, whether he can build off of this, or whether teams figure out how to handle him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yes, I can.  They've really done their utmost in insulting other Vikings' fans over their lack of SB titles for far longer before that, so they really asked for some crap when the others felt they had an opportunity to do so. 

And I'm sure if the Vikings ever win a SB, you will have nothing to say, right? lol

The banter like this is part of it and part of what makes it fun to follow as long as it's done in good form.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just like it was a "dream scenario" when they "wasted" a pick on him instead of Tee Higgins or something?

I mean if the pick hindered the Packers 3 year stretch (2019-2021) with Rodgers, you could retroactively call Love a wasted pick.

But then at the same time, if the Packers go on a historic run, you could say Love ended up being one of the best picks your franchise ever made.

The story hasn't fully been told on Jordan Love. It took him half a season to get going, but he looks really good right now and should only continue to grow.

I don't blame you guys being excited for your QB and your teams hot streak right now. You deserve it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

And I'm sure if the Vikings ever win a SB, you will have nothing to say, right? lol

The banter like this is part of it and part of what makes it fun to follow as long as it's done in good form.

If and when it happens, I'll certainly have a defense to such nonsense, but I try not to insult others (can't say the same about many other Vikings fans on the interwebs).  However, I have said over and over again, if I were a Packers fan, I'd actually be rather upset to only have 2 SB titles with back to back HOF QBs.  The fact that many Packers fans resort to nonsensically attacking Vikings' fans for their no titles instead of being upset at their own organization for only winning 2 in 30 yrs of HoF QBing kind of baffles me. 

But, yes, I do agree that it can be fun when it's done without vitriol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

umm... errr... there were Packer fans saying that a couple of months ago too, you know.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I mean if the pick hindered the Packers 3 year stretch (2019-2021) with Rodgers, you could retroactively call Love a wasted pick.

But then at the same time, if the Packers go on a historic run, you could say Love ended up being one of the best picks your franchise ever made.

The story hasn't fully been told on Jordan Love. It took him half a season to get going, but he looks really good right now and should only continue to grow.

I don't blame you guys being excited for your QB and your teams hot streak right now. You deserve it.

Eh, yes but not entirely. He started off really good vs the Bears/Atlanta and an impressive comeback vs the Saints. Pretty Solid Vs broncos and Rams during the first part of the season. And I think some of it was also MLF figuring out Love and the young pass catchers too.

And I hear you on calling Love "a wasted pick" if he was looking bad now, but it was also prudent for the long-term regardless to take a shot. Rodgers wasn't playing like an MVP before MLF came around and that was MLF's first year when they took Love. Rodgers was also getting older and Gutey followed his predecessor's model of taking a QB you liked when you didn't need one so you could groom him. I know its not easy (especially with an owner) but I'm honestly surprised no one else followed this model as their QBs aged (NE, Pitt, etc) after seeing Favre to Rodgers. If Love pans out in the long term to be anything near Rodgers I don't think teams can ignore it this time and more will follow. Like Andrew Brandt says, the worst time to look for a QB is when you need one. GB recognized that.

If I were MN I'd absolutely resign Kirk and draft his replacement very soon too before you move on from Kirk. I really hope they don't recognize that as a GB fan.

• Like 1