Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

The Green Bay Packers locked up a huge part of their present and future by signing outside linebacker Rashan Gary to a contract extension.

Gary posted the details on his X account. He reported a value of $107,532,706 with a $34.6 million signing bonus. A source said the deal includes about $96 million in new money on top of what he was scheduled to make in 2023.

The extension will keep Gary tied to the Packers through the 2027 season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-sign-rashan-gary-to-contract-extension

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Green Bay Packers locked up a huge part of their present and future by signing outside linebacker Rashan Gary to a contract extension.

Gary posted the details on his X account. He reported a value of $107,532,706 with a $34.6 million signing bonus. A source said the deal includes about $96 million in new money on top of what he was scheduled to make in 2023.

The extension will keep Gary tied to the Packers through the 2027 season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-sign-rashan-gary-to-contract-extension

I think we’re about the worst team in football right now.

3 minutes ago, Packers2021 said:

I think we’re about the worst team in football right now.

i think a bigger problem is that your coaches don't seem willing to admit that, let alone make concerted efforts to improve your chances. the Packers right now are a glaring example of the adage of insisting a square peg will fit in a round hole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, he's not wrong about people exposing themselves.  Not the best look for the head of an organization, but... not wrong.

You get a 3-4 team in nickel and the C or QB isn't coming to the line and, for the purposes of assigning blocks in the run game or setting up the protection, calling out, "two down, two down."  No... the call out "four down, four down"

Edited by RpMc

The Packers came into the season with the hope that wide receiver Christian Watson would step into a lead role on their offense in his second NFL season, but things have not played out that way to this point.

Watson missed the first three games with a hamstring injury and he has only caught 14 passes in the six games he has played since getting on the field. Those catches have come on 33 targets — ESPN Stats & Info says Watson has the lowest catch rate of any receiver with 30 targets — and he’s scored one touchdown after getting in the end zone nine times last year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-love-i-have-complete-trust-in-christian-watson

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tommy DeVito, the undrafted rookie third-string quarterback who has surprisingly led the Giants to three straight wins, was named the NFC offensive player of the week for this week.

The award comes after DeVito completed 17 of 21 passes for 158 yards and a touchdown, with no turnovers and no sacks, in a 24-22 win over the Packers. In his last three starts DeVito has five touchdown passes and no interceptions, and the Giants are 3-0.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tommy-devito-named-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-week

couldn't have done it without ya, Pack.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Tommy DeVito, the undrafted rookie third-string quarterback who has surprisingly led the Giants to three straight wins, was named the NFC offensive player of the week for this week.

The award comes after DeVito completed 17 of 21 passes for 158 yards and a touchdown, with no turnovers and no sacks, in a 24-22 win over the Packers. In his last three starts DeVito has five touchdown passes and no interceptions, and the Giants are 3-0.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tommy-devito-named-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-week

couldn't have done it without ya, Pack.

I wish more teams would just roll the dice with rookie QBs. 49ers and Giants kind of lucked into these complete unknowns at QB by taking a chance and letting them play. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I wish more teams would just roll the dice with rookie QBs. 49ers and Giants kind of lucked into these complete unknowns at QB by taking a chance and letting them play. 

I feel the opposite. I think the success of rookie QB'S is very dependent of talent and/or a good, creative offensive schemer who can maximize the rookies strength. Purdy has elite offensive talent around him and a very good coaching situation. Yes, he's a good QB, but he would be more average if he played for the Panthers.  DeVito has a decent and creative coach and Saquon Barkley. 

I think more rookies need to be sitting and learning than starting. Unfortunately, I think teams are pressured into starting rookies for contract/cap reasons...especially higher picks. We are witnessing the desentagration of Bryce Young.  CJ Stroud has looked more ordinary the last three games.