Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 7/27/2024 at 7:01 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Imagine if the Packers didn't win a ton of one score games at the end of last season. They'd be in Dak Prescott territory, trying to justify a massive overpay for a QB who only had an 8 game stretch of strong play.

That'd be like us making Case Keenum the highest paid QB ever after his 2017 season. 

How ridiculous.

No, no it wouldn't. Are you seriously going to question what the Packers do with quarterbacks? I think your post is based on jealousy. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

No, no it wouldn't. Are you seriously going to question what the Packers do with quarterbacks? I think your post is based on jealousy. 

I’m totally fine with what the Packers have done at QB. I think that’s going to work out really well for the rest of the division. The more money wrapped up at one position, the better. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I’m totally fine with what the Packers have done at QB. I think that’s going to work out really well for the rest of the division. The more money wrapped up at one position, the better. 

You've been wrong about what we've done at quarterback for 30 years. What are another 15 between rivals? 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I seriously question the decision to pay Love the amount that he got. 

But I am not jealous. In fact, I think it's a great thing, from a certain perspective. 😎

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I seriously question the decision to pay Love the amount that he got. 

But I am not jealous. In fact, I think it's a great thing, from a certain perspective. 😎

I mean, if your QB plays the way you think he's going to play he's going to get paid too.

On 8/17/2024 at 11:11 AM, CWood21 said:

That's an interesting hypothetical you've got going on there.  Not sure I follow your train of logic though.  They were 3-4 going into that game against Green Bay and 4-4 after it.  They proceeded to go 3-6 down the remaining 9 games.  They were -2 in close wins/losses, so something closer to the average seems possible.  But that was a 8-10 win team max IMO.  The Vikings in 2023 were the exact opposite of what they were in 2022.

Well, it certainly is a hypothetical, but the team was getting significantly better when Kirk got injured, especially after winning that 49ers game...and they went 4-4 in spite of the QB play they were getting.  I figure they would have gone at least 6-2 and would have won at least one of those Lions games in the last 3 weeks...and would have never lost those Bears or Broncos games and likely not that Bengals game either.

Packers running back AJ Dillon missed the final three games of last season with a stinger, and he has another one now. Dillon said he was diagnosed with the stinger during the joint practice against the Broncos on Friday.

He is awaiting test results, uncertain how severe it is or when doctors will clear him to return.

Coach Matt LaFleur admits that “absolutely there’s a concern” with Dillon’s latest injury and said the team will proceed with caution.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aj-dillon-waiting-on-test-results-about-latest-stinger

43 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Kind of random, and very intriguing to me. Based on what Willis was pre draft, I would not have matched him with LeFleur. 

The Packers are going for a fresh start with Malik Willis?  I've always liked him as a person, and for that reason I've been cheering for his success.  It just seems like if the Packers were going for a frest start at the QB position, they would have brought Willis or someone else in before the preseason.  It sounds like they might be having some real buyer's remorse with that huge contract they just signed with Jordan Love, especially if they are only looking to replace him with a guy they got for a 7th round pick. 

10 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

The Packers are going for a fresh start with Malik Willis?  I've always liked him as a person, and for that reason I've been cheering for his success.  It just seems like if the Packers were going for a frest start at the QB position, they would have brought Willis or someone else in before the preseason.  It sounds like they might be having some real buyer's remorse with that huge contract they just signed with Jordan Love, especially if they are only looking to replace him with a guy they got for a 7th round pick. 

What does this have to do with Loves contract?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Kind of random, and very intriguing to me. Based on what Willis was pre draft, I would not have matched him with LeFleur. 

Willis, a talented quarterback who hasn’t been able to translate that talent into accurate passing through two years in Tennessee, will now back up Jordan Love in Green Bay. The Packers view him as an upgrade over the two other quarterbacks on their roster, Sean Clifford and Michael Pratt.

As a college quarterback at Liberty, Willis showed off impressive arm strength and athleticism, and at times he was discussed as a potential Top 10 draft pick. But questions about his accuracy saw his draft stock sink, and in two years in Tennessee he never accomplished much, completing just 35 of 66 passes for 350 yards, with no touchdowns and three interceptions.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/titans-trade-malik-willis-to-packers-for-seventh-round-pick

yeah, lack of accuracy doesn't seem to be something LeFleur values, lol.

but for a 7th, you really can't go wrong.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, lack of accuracy doesn't seem to be something LeFleur values, lol.

but for a 7th, you really can't go wrong.

Yeah, it's not going to "fix" the backup QB position.  It's like getting a 2 day old dog turn as opposed to a 4 day old dog turd.  At the end of the day, it's still a dog turd.  Listening to LaFleur's comments the other day, neither Clifford or Pratt managed to instill any confidence that they were capable of being QB2.  Pratt likely heads off the to the PS for the year and Clifford probably looks elsewhere.