MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

after Conor said he'll fight the next in line if he doesn't get a rematch with Khabib, it got me thinking. If Ortega beats Holloway (especially if it's by submission),  Conor vs Max at 155 is absolutely the best fight to make. The rematch has been a long time coming, and Max seems like he should end up at 155 before long. Would be a fascinating fight too. I think Max could outwork Conor, but having said that he took a few clean shots from Aldo, and taking the same shots from Conor may not end well for him.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

after Conor said he'll fight the next in line if he doesn't get a rematch with Khabib, it got me thinking. If Ortega beats Holloway (especially if it's by submission),  Conor vs Max at 155 is absolutely the best fight to make. The rematch has been a long time coming, and Max seems like he should end up at 155 before long. Would be a fascinating fight too. I think Max could outwork Conor, but having said that he took a few clean shots from Aldo, and taking the same shots from Conor may not end well for him.

Why 155? Crackhead Conor is the man we want to see

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Max always gets clipped in the first couple rounds and a very dominant 3rd-5th Round Fighter. I really think he would go into this fight way more confident than the first fight. Confident strikers against McGregor are getting KO’d. 

Could also be a decision win for McGregor. He dominated Max the entire fight last time and pushed the pace. We’ve seen McGregor win plenty of Round 3’s and he deciseively won Round 4 against Diaz. His cardio isn’t great at all but it being bad is largely over exaggerated. 

I dont think MM is afraid to fight the best, but is a legit 125er and knows that is where he is the greatest at. When he goes up to 135 it is too much. I also think if he gets into 1fc he can actually make some money that the ufc wasnt able to pay him because of the lack of interest in the smaller weight classes. 1fc is a much more established and successful opportunity for smaller guys because that is their bread and butter in the SE ASIA. I love this deal for both MM and Askren because MM gets paid what he should be and Askren gets a chance at some legacy fights.