MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Nope. Words are words. Unless it's a call to violence, some curses / etc are NOT more evil than others. Or at least should not be in legislative terms.

Sticks and stones. If it's good enough for 6 year olds, it's good enough for grown *** men.

This is a bad opinion.

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I said multiple times Conor made a huge Dickinson by throwing the dolly....why you getting so worked up lol

i just thought it was funny when he said Conor almost killed a couple people because it was a funny statement

If the dolly were to actually hit someone in the head it could kill them so he's not wrong.

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

What he did was dumb but he made some great points about how certain things shouldnt be said like religion, country, family etc etc

No, those were terrible points. What, should the UFC publish a "do not trash talk" list? Certain topics are too taboo for adults to handle? What if they ban religious trash talk and Conor wears a big old crucifix to his next presser? Now you gotta ban religious symbols. Then Khabib's next opponent starts nibbling on some pork rinds during a presser. GASP that's a hate crime!! Cmon ya'll. Jesus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

can't believe conor fanboys are calling for khabib to be suspended and stripped. he jumped off a cage and MAYBE landed a punch on a coach?

Meanwhile McGregor almost blinded innocent fighters on a bus with a heavy metal object, and this is just one thing he's done.

To be fair one could be losing his green card. The other has already gone through court process. 

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Nope. Words are words. Unless it's a call to violence, some curses / etc are NOT more evil than others. Or at least should not be in legislative terms.

Sticks and stones. If it's good enough for 6 year olds, it's good enough for grown *** men.

We saw an NBA owner get kicked out of the league for "words". If Chris Hogan called a black player the n word there would be a massive controversy and he'd probably get suspended if not banned from the league. Yes there is a completely different dynamic when it's race and religion and it's not realistic to pretend that isn't the case. Maybe you personally don't feel like it's a big deal, lots of people do and it's the type of thing people have died over. So it's just irresponsible to pretend it doesn't matter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

This is a bad opinion.

You don't understand slippery slopes I guess. Ban some trash talk, it'll grow and grow. First religion is off the table, then ethnicity (nobody cared about all the Mexican comments today, did they?), then you can't make Yo Mama jokes, then you're gonna be required to submit written trash talk for pre-approval.

Go watch the disney channel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

If the dolly were to actually hit someone in the head it could kill them so he's not wrong.

But it didn’t....the statement was hyperbole, I get wanting to defend Khabib and trash Conor, but trying to say Conor almost killed someone lol....come on

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

We saw an NBA owner get kicked out of the league for "words". If Chris Hogan called a black player the n word there would be a massive controversy and he'd probably get suspended if not banned from the league. Yes there is a completely different dynamic when it's race and religion and it's not realistic to pretend that isn't the case. Maybe you personally don't feel like it's a big deal, lots of people do and it's the type of thing people have died over. So it's just irresponsible to pretend it doesn't matter

And that was a complete farce as well. We can have differing opinions. If you think someone should be forced to part with their property because of some naughty words spoken in private, power to you.

Just now, cddolphin said:

You don't understand slippery slopes I guess. Ban some trash talk, it'll grow and grow. First religion is off the table, then ethnicity (nobody cared about all the Mexican comments today, did they?), then you can't make Yo Mama jokes, then you're gonna be required to submit written trash talk for pre-approval.

I understand that it's a logical fallacy.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Just now, cddolphin said:

Ahhh the notorious "slippery slope" argument. Same argument used for a bunch of horrible opinions. Dude I'm going to do you a favor and give you some advice, you are running down a rabbit hole right now. Best to just call it a day and cool down.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

But it didn’t....the statement was hyperbole, I get wanting to defend Khabib and trash Conor, but trying to say Conor almost killed someone lol....come on

Not defending khabib, I think what he did was dumb. Just stating that what connor did could've killed someone even if it didnt.