MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

I think Khabib would dominate Tony positionally. My question would be if Tony can do something weird 3 or 4 times in the fight to catch Khabib in a submission or get up. Tony would have the obvious standup advantage and be able to use it unlike almost every other fighter he has faced because he won't care about being taken down.

My new P4P Rankings:

1) Jon Jones

2) Daniel Cormier

3) TJ Dillashaw

4) Khabib

5) Tony Ferguson

6) Tyron Woodley

7) GSP

8) Conor McGregor

9) Max Holloway

10) Henry Cejudo

Yes, TJ is that good. Extremely well rounded in all faucets, crushed Garbandt twice, didn't lose to Cruz, Dillashaw reminds me of a Cruz with his footwork but has way way more tools than Cruz and way more power. We'll probably get that rematch at some point.

9 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

any guy that isn't named Conor McGregor

Sometimes, in the real world, when you hang out with a jerk, you get your a*s kicked. That’s life. Sorry ??‍♂️

My advice: find friends who aren’t jerk *ffs

I was wrong, man Khabib's grappling is something else. Conor seemed to really underestimate his striking and the ring rust was real tonight, Conor's striking and reactions just weren't what they were in previous fights. 

Khabib should 100% be stripped and suspended though. Say what you want about Conor but he has always been humble after wins or losses. Khabib jumped into the crowd, was getting beat up by Conor's training partner, and almost started a riot. Not to mention three of his teammates sucker punched Conor. 

The Nevada Governor was in attendance and ran out in fear and the NSAC is withholding Khabib's $2M check after that fight and he might not be paid. They need to make an example of him.   

28 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Sometimes, in the real world, when you hang out with a jerk, you get your a*s kicked. That’s life. Sorry ??‍♂️

Danis was giving it to Khabib in the crowd and had Khabib on his back before it was split up. Khabib responded by punching Danis in the back of the head as the police pulled him away. 

57 minutes ago, malak1 said:

So Khabib deserves to get his #%^ kicked then?

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think Khabib would dominate Tony positionally. My question would be if Tony can do something weird 3 or 4 times in the fight to catch Khabib in a submission or get up. Tony would have the obvious standup advantage and be able to use it unlike almost every other fighter he has faced because he won't care about being taken down.

Tony's super slippery, both on the ground and on the feet. Would be interesting to see how Khabib deals with that. I don't know if he could keep the same top pressure against Tony as he did Johnson/Edson/Conor

2 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

This is what I don’t get....people are ragging on Conor for how he promotes a fight (and that’s understandable), but at the same time are brushing off the crap Khabib did that was just as bad imo, and in this case worse than Conor’s trash talking during the promotion.

You're acting like Conor's trash talk was just everyday generic MMA trash talking. Guy went over the line, he was going on about Khabib's family, his father, his culture, his religion. That kind of stuff isn't cool. Can't just be explained by "sorry I was trashing everything you believe in, I'm just promoting a fight bro"

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

That says a lot about how you characterize some people. If heated emotions and a possibly violent reaction is on the table.

If somebody came up to me and started being vulgar about my ideologies or religious beliefs, I wouldn't get violent. Angry? Of course! Upset? Of course! I wouldn't touch anybody.

Would you?

If not, why should we cater rules to a minority who respond illogically?

UFC will NEVER ban certain categories of trash talk. That's a pipe dream that's best let go.

Listen say you what you want as far as trash talk goes just don’t be surprised or upset if somebody responds in a way you don’t see coming.

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

I was wrong, man Khabib's grappling is something else. Conor seemed to really underestimate his striking and the ring rust was real tonight, Conor's striking and reactions just weren't what they were in previous fights. 

Khabib should 100% be stripped and suspended though. Say what you want about Conor but he has always been humble after wins or losses. Khabib jumped into the crowd, was getting beat up by Conor's training partner, and almost started a riot. Not to mention three of his teammates sucker punched Conor. 

The Nevada Governor was in attendance and ran out in fear and the NSAC is withholding Khabib's $2M check after that fight and he might not be paid. They need to make an example of him.   

Hahaha this is whats some bull. Connor took a freaking metal dolly and injured two fighters and gor nothing but khabib confronting some mother running chumps and he deserves punishment

only person that deserves punishment is dana. He should be fired now. Hes at fault. You let a man who, with a gang of people, terrorize, assault, and injured a bus of fighters have zero repercussion.  Then he insults the fighters family, country, reliogion, and everything else while you sit there and laugh and your suprised this real mf surround by real mf retaliated. Nothing khabib did was ok but connor was a billion times worse and they used it as promotion. Exactly what i was saying before the fight. Letting connor do all this has made the ufc lose control. Dana has lost control. He deserve to be fired and a president that can draw lines need to be put in place. 

As for connor i have no sympathy for him. His actions had repercussions. Hide behind dana all you want, hes a bully and got what bullies get.  

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Khabib has better striking then anyone....if he can get them to the ground first. Once your tired and hes not he can throw hands.

but it doesnt matter because hes getting suspended for awhile i bet. Since its the commision and not the ufc thats going to suspend him. I bet we see a lengthy suspension.