MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Also this has happened half a dozen times. Its not shocking that two sides fight after a fight. We have seen brawls like this before. The only difference is the horrendous security. Khabib was held back by one 900 year old dude. Nobody was controlling connors corner. Then connor starts a brawl in the cage and no one is there to stop it.

Seriously.

Dana said this was an incredible job done by security.

While Khabib jumped the cage. What could have just been wild fans with weapons jumping the cage to go after Conor. Bringing Khabib back into the cage after going after Conors coach.

Security was just there to get paid to watch the card. Were incredibly complacent.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Nah man he said Khabib wanted to fight Conor right away. So if he made Conor work his way up and Khabib fight other opponents surely the tension would have gotten even more tense! /s

Make connor fight and be stable. He shows up late to a presser,  he suspended. He touches another fighter hes suspended. He farts in an elevator hes suspended. He should have put his dog on a leash before letting him out.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Seriously.

While Khabib jumped the cage. What could have just been wild fans with weapons jumping the cage to go after Conor. Bringing Khabib back into the cage after going after Conors coach.

Security was just there to get paid to watch the card. Were incredibly complacent.

Definitely got complacent. Should have been instructed to immediately separate corners and fighters. Regardless of the outcome and how people acted. 

And Dillon was apparently talking **** the entire fight screaming it into the ring, and nobody at any point thought "maybe we should put a cap on this?" Maybe this, out of the 8 billion others, is the wake up call Dana needs to kill it with the golden goose crap and get him to stop being chummy with the talent.

They're your fighters, not your friends and not there for you to sit and drink whiskey at their pressers with (honestly the biggest WTF moment in the sport for me).

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

And Dillon was apparently talking **** the entire fight screaming it into the ring, and nobody at any point thought "maybe we should put a cap on this?"

Honestly i think dana is to dense to realize when things are escalating. Like he seems shocked that this happened. Like a kid who stuck a fork in a light socket. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Khabib is 10x more of a ****** than McGregor is. Khabibs attitude is literally pathetic. Tony is gonna destroy him. Tonys ground game is 20x better than Conor. 

Conor is a showman. He likes to start drama and get attention by playing the villain, but he's not attacking coaches after the fights. He's actually always been very humble in both victory and defeat after talking trash to his opponents. It's all for show with Conor. Khabib took it way over the line last night IMO. I didn't dislike either guy in the fight and actually was probably leaning more towards Khabib, but after the fight it makes me hope that Khabib gets his head run over by a semi truck whilst being urinated on. He's a piece of crap for what he and his camp pulled last night. Legitimate scumbag move.

Tony does have a great ground game, but I don't think anyone is beating Khabib. At least, nobody should be favored to beat him. He's got unbelievable wrestling and I don't think any Ferguson Jiu-Jitsu will save him. Khabib is a nightmare on the ground and if your'e on your back against Khabib, you're pretty much toast. Ferguson has a chance in the standup, but eventually Khabib will close the distance, push you against the cage, and take you down and out with GNP.

Conor vs Anderson would be dumb.. Silva said 180 is the lowest he could go. McGregor had trouble beefin up to 170.. think he clocked in at 168 the Diaz fight. And Conors cardio is terrible at least 170. The guy should really go back to 145. His cardio was great for 3 Rounds. At 155 and 170 he has to much muscle mass and his endurance can’t get used to it. 

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

so much fun **** is going on in the ufc right now and 80% of yall are engaging in a conversation about what's offensive and what's not? who gives af lol. we just saw some wild ****. the whole ufc got shook up. dillon danis is a celebrity now. khabib did a hulk smash. there's so much funner stuff to discuss lol. 

yve1hjtg5485zesn1c4q.Gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Conor is a showman. He likes to start drama and get attention by playing the villain, but he's not attacking coaches after the fights. He's actually always been very humble in both victory and defeat after talking trash to his opponents. It's all for show with Conor. Khabib took it way over the line last night IMO. I didn't dislike either guy in the fight and actually was probably leaning more towards Khabib, but after the fight it makes me hope that Khabib gets his head run over by a semi truck whilst being urinated on. He's a piece of crap for what he and his camp pulled last night. Legitimate scumbag move.

Tony does have a great ground game, but I don't think anyone is beating Khabib. At least, nobody should be favored to beat him. He's got unbelievable wrestling and I don't think any Ferguson Jiu-Jitsu will save him. Khabib is a nightmare on the ground and if your'e on your back against Khabib, you're pretty much toast. Ferguson has a chance in the standup, but eventually Khabib will close the distance, push you against the cage, and take you down and out with GNP.

Wait... so Khabib's a piece of crap and scumbag for going vigilante alone after Conors entire corner, yet Conor with his entire corner going gangstyle after Khabib alone while causing collateral damage to other fighters was.... what? Showmanship?

Let's be honest here.. both incidents are quite egregous, both were embarrassing to the sport, both were below the honor and respect we expect of professional martial artists. Whatever punishment Conor got... which was little is what Khabib should get. If the Nevada commission decides to ban him then he should fight next in NY or Russia. If the UFC strips or suspends him then that is complete BS. You had Dana on TV after the Conor incident calling is disgusting...in fact "the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company" :

This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happen in the history of the company. Police are, there is a warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest. They are looking for him right now. His plane can not take off. He can not leave the state of New York with this warrant. I am assuming eventually, if they don’t catch him he will turn himself in. You can imagine he is going to be sued beyond belief and this was a real bad career move for him. I think after this disgusting and despicable move, I think everybody relationship (including mine) with Conor is going to be not so great. This is a bad decision you make that turns a lot of people off and against you.... You want to grab 30 ****** friends, come down here, and do what you did today? It’s disgusting! I don’t think anyone is going to be a huge Conor McGregor fan after this. I don’t know if he’s on drugs, or what his deal is, but to come and act like this ... We’re talking about a guy who has a baby. He just had a kid. This is how you are acting? You have a son at home.”

Then they are using it in a promotion... then when asked Dana says " you have to tell the story" well Khabib just added another chapter to the story Dana. Conor created this environment, your company promotes and profits from it, either put an end to it across the board or expect more of these types of incidents because as you promote WWE style storylines people are going to come to expect them.

Listening to the MMA channel on siriusxm and they all expect Khabib to get suspended and stripped. Why would the UFC wait for Khabib when they stripped Tony after four months? 

I think if Poirier beats Diaz then Ferguson vs Poirier for the title is an obvious match to be made. If Poirier loses though do you make Tony vs Conor for the LW belt? Tony deserves his payday. At the post conference Tony was calling for a fight with Conor way more than Khabib and said he wants the money fight. Money matters way more than titles, sorry guys. Conor is still technically the #3 LW in the world behind Khabib and Tony so the argument could be made. I think Tony is a way better matchup for Conor than Khabib and it could go either way.. although I see something like 2-2 entering the 5th and Tony getting the submission. 

I really think Conor should go back to FW. He was legit unstoppable at 145 and his cardio was 100% for 3 Rounds. I wanna see him vs Frankie Edgar. I think Edgar is the only guy who can give Conor a tough time on the feet with his amazing footwork. Although I still think Conor would KO Frankie in the 2nd Round. Then make Conor vs Holloway/Ortega. Conor made Holloway look like a rookie when they faced off a few years back. Everyone will shout “Holloway is way better now!!” And Conor isn’t? Conor spends way more on his training camps than Max Holloway does. It would be a nice rematch to see.. think he would KO Holloway. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Or tell Conor and his camp "You keep the pre-fight professional or you are off the card". Instead the entire thing screams "This is an awful idea and someone is going to get seriously hurt", I mean brawls broke out at every single stage of the pre-fight process, I wasn't shocked when Khabib jumped the cage, that's how he was brought up and what Conor's camp and UFC had been daring him to do the last month. They've marketed this thing as and gotten Khabib's camp thinking it's a damn bar fight, I was waiting for the knives to come out.

This whole thing is one long string of "Well yeah, no **** what did you idiots think would happen" and if people had any balls Dana White would be getting dragged by every MMA beat writer in the country right now.

Unfortunately that would never happen EVER no matter who is calling the shots. The UFC has taken major shot after major shot with such big draws losing their belts in dramatic fashion or just leaving. GSP is/was gone, Bones cant test clean, Rousey is in the WWE, Spider is washed up. I know its the right thing to do but I just cant imagine it ever happening. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Seriously.

If fans got weapons into the stadium that has more to do with security not doing their job rather than Dana letting this madness get out of hand though

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think it has an affect. I think most people dont buy a PPV because of just the ME. You need help on the card and that was going to be a big fight, definite finish by either guy

main event will likely always be the main reason, and maybe an  fight like ngannu/lewis would be a reason to say "i gotta spend $70 for this" even when its not the main event. thats not chiesa/pettis though, most likely thats a technical fight that spends a decent amount of time on the ground.

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Conor vs Anderson would be dumb.. Silva said 180 is the lowest he could go. McGregor had trouble beefin up to 170.. think he clocked in at 168 the Diaz fight. And Conors cardio is terrible at least 170. The guy should really go back to 145. His cardio was great for 3 Rounds. At 155 and 170 he has to much muscle mass and his endurance can’t get used to it. 

I dont want Conor to move up at all. Heck, I want him back at FW too. I said it a couple pages ago. There are 2 big guys at FW he needs to face. Crackhead Conor can be the P4P king

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

main event will likely always be the main reason, and maybe an  fight like ngannu/lewis would be a reason to say "i gotta spend $70 for this" even when its not the main event. thats not chiesa/pettis though, most likely thats a technical fight that spends a decent amount of time on the ground.

It might be on the ground but it isn't a wrestling match either. Plus Showtime can still do some crazy stuff on the feet. People still remember the Showtime kick. A BJJ ground fight is way more entertaining than a wrestling match. Sad thing is Ngannou and Lewis was terrible while Chiesa/Pettis wasn't bad