MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Great fight, definitely thought it was a clear win for Al. Though he gave Lee a shot by being too patient. Al was piecing him up on the feet, really feel like he could've got a finish in the 4th or 5th.

Don't know what's next for Lee. Seems like he needs to move to 170 (or 165 if it comes), since he looks drained as the fight goes on. But his striking is really quite basic, and I'm not sure how well he will go when he's fighting guys who can match him in size, strength and grappling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Not sure how Lee couldn't believe the scores, thought it was pretty clear for Al.

i'm glad Al got the nod I root for him over almost anyone, but i thought lee had the first 3. scoring the fight as a whole though Al won. 

& yeah @Buckrock101 Al v. Justin would be madness, can't imagine Al not wanting that fight too after Justin called for it earlier

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Maybe Al can take a break from being a real estate agent now lol.

That profession choice still makes me laugh. Maybe it works for him in NY. I just picture alot of swearing at people low-balling an offer or saying they dont like the house

"You dont want this house? F YOU! I"m gonna give you 5 minutes of hell, right Serra?

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i'm glad Al got the nod I root for him over almost anyone, but i thought lee had the first 3. scoring the fight as a whole though Al won. 

& yeah @Buckrock101 Al v. Justin would be madness, can't imagine Al not wanting that fight too after Justin called for it earlier

You really gave him the 1st 3? I thought Al won the 1st more clearly than Lee won the 3rd. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Great fight, definitely thought it was a clear win for Al. Though he gave Lee a shot by being too patient. Al was piecing him up on the feet, really feel like he could've got a finish in the 4th or 5th.

Don't know what's next for Lee. Seems like he needs to move to 170 (or 165 if it comes), since he looks drained as the fight goes on. But his striking is really quite basic, and I'm not sure how well he will go when he's fighting guys who can match him in size, strength and grappling. 

Yea I wanted Lee to lose but at the same time I wanted to see him fight Khabib. I just think LW is too stacked now for him to be in title contention for a long time. The best thing he has regarding that is he is a relatively active fighter with 9 fights in 3 years

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

232 is so damn nice, but when I see Corey Anderson on a card it sucks the wind out of it for me even though i can easily just not watch it lol. 100% put cat v. megan in that slot or andrei v. walt. 

I know seeing Anderson there is a bummer but I think you're missing the potential upside. Wouldn't seeing his head bounce off the canvas make for a good time?

Give me this card I will gladly pay 250 for it lol

Heavyweight Championship:

Daniel Cornier(c) Jon Jones

Middleweight Championship

Robert Whittaker(c) vs Izzy

Welterweight Championship

Tyron Woodley(c) vs GSP

Lightweight Championship

Khabib(c) vs Tony Ferguson

Featherweight Championship

Max Holloway(c) vs Conor McGregor

If we can see most of these by the end of 2019 i’f be a very happy man. Whittaker vs Izzy and Khabib vs Tony have the most realistic shot of happening. 

@BayRaider I've always felt the UFC should have a "Night of Champions" card but it's not feasible. Would be awesome though. 

Actually, it'd be feasible if you didn't burn through your money making champions in the same card. Say something like this could work...

Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones - Heavyweight Championship
Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum - Middleweight Championship
Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade - Strawweight Championship
Henry Cejudo vs TJ Dillashaw - Flyweight or Bantamweight Championship
Cris Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes - Featherweight Championship

and save Conor vs Max and Tyron vs GSP for other PPVs.

Edited by beekay414

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I wanted Lee to lose but at the same time I wanted to see him fight Khabib.

After this fight, I think it's a good thing we didn't see him vs Khabib. Everyone likes to talk about how he's a bad matchup for Khabib, but actually I think Khabib's a bad matchup for him. Kevin may be one of the best grapplers in the division, but he's still not on Khabib's level there. and Lee's striking is really basic, it's not like he's going to go out and school Khabib on the feet. At the end of the day, Lee isn't better than Khabib anywhere

The way that fight plays out, I think Khabib ends up beating Lee up on the feet pretty bad. kinda like the Al fight, except Khabib is a lot more aggressive, and doesn't spend two rounds with Lee on his back.

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

After this fight, I think it's a good thing we didn't see him vs Khabib. Everyone likes to talk about how he's a bad matchup for Khabib, but actually I think Khabib's a bad matchup for him. Kevin may be one of the best grapplers in the division, but he's still not on Khabib's level there. and Lee's striking is really basic, it's not like he's going to go out and school Khabib on the feet. At the end of the day, Lee isn't better than Khabib anywhere

The way that fight plays out, I think Khabib ends up beating Lee up on the feet pretty bad. kinda like the Al fight, except Khabib is a lot more aggressive, and doesn't spend two rounds with Lee on his back.

Yea I supposed my statement really was more of a pre-fight ideal. Its sad but Khabib is better on the feet than Lee. Kevin will struggle to break thru after losing this one. Now if a new division opens up then he may but even still the guys who would move to 165 would beat him imo