MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

I'm fascinated with the idea that Jones would have the gall to do the same thing, on the chance that he could blame it on the previous test if he got caught again. Kinda seems like something he would do tbh

I do think this is something he might do, as well.

Alternatively, it could be that he got clean after the coke/**** pills thing, and he's still testing positive over stuff he was doing before. Would be relatively nice comeuppance for how he got away with so much trash behavior for so long, to see it continue to taint his legacy well after he fixed it.

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What the heck did i miss here?

Jones had another abnormal test come back. Nevada won’t license him because they don’t have time to investigate. California will license him, so the entire event is getting moved to California on one week’s notice.

USADA is claiming that the levels in his sample aren’t proof of him still using, but instead that it’s a residual from his previous failure.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t see the big deal here? I’ve read everywhere this stuff can stay in your system a couple years at trace amounts and the amount tested was way less than his last test. He also tested completely clean for California. This is a non story. 

I think he tested about the same. I think he tested between 20-80 picograms per milliliter over a year ago and this time it was 60 Ps/ml. He was also tested a lot between and those came back clean. iirc this was a surprise test that caught him.  Also Mir was told this couldn't happen when he got suspended. And other fighters have been banned for two years for testing for less on other substances. Also they moved an entire card from Vegas to LA a week from the fight. Losing a lot of money in the process. That's not a non-story to me.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Jones had another abnormal test come back. Nevada won’t license him because they don’t have time to investigate. California will license him, so the entire event is getting moved to California on one week’s notice.

USADA is claiming that the levels in his sample aren’t proof of him still using, but instead that it’s a residual from his previous failure.

Thanks for the cliff notes. Thats crazy. Isnt testing done so much sooner? Strange

I think Bones finishes Gusty anyways

I know she looked terrible in her last 2 fights but is Cyborg really already better than Rousey? I know you talk level of competition with Rousey but i feel like you could say the same with Cyborg. At least the smaller divisions were more developed. Dont get me wrong, Cyborg is amazing and alot of fun to watch especially with the stigma of womens mma being pillow punchers but it just seems premature after as long as RR did it

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know she looked terrible in her last 2 fights but is Cyborg really already better than Rousey? I know you talk level of competition with Rousey but i feel like you could say the same with Cyborg. At least the smaller divisions were more developed. Dont get me wrong, Cyborg is amazing and alot of fun to watch especially with the stigma of womens mma being pillow punchers but it just seems premature after as long as RR did it

Wut

Cyborg's been doing it LONGER than Rousey did...

Cyborg is women's MMA, not Rousey. That **** needs to stop.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wut

Cyborg's been doing it LONGER than Rousey did...

Cyborg is women's MMA, not Rousey. That **** needs to stop.

I know she was fighting longer but honestly at the level of competition how long has she been there? Just seems like she has beaten people in a lesser underdeveloped division is all. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know she was fighting longer but honestly at the level of competition how long has she been there? Just seems like she has beaten people in a lesser underdeveloped division is all. 

Nobody fights there because she's in the division. That says it all.