MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But at what weight? JJ would destroy him in a LHW bout imo. Izzy might have good TDD but against a big LHW? Not happening

LHW. It's been a long time (if ever) since we've seen Jones fight someone whose striking is on a level as high as Adesanya's. and I don't think Jones has ever fought someone whose mental game in the ring is as good as his own. Adesanya would be. That's why I think he has a legit chance to beat Jones, especially with the timidity he's shown lately.

And stop with the TDD thing. We've been hearing for 7 fights now how Adesanya's grappling is going to get exposed, and it hasn't looked like it yet. it's time to stop the narrative that he has a massive hole in his game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

And stop with the TDD thing. We've been hearing for 7 fights now how Adesanya's grappling is going to get exposed, and it hasn't looked like it yet. it's time to stop the narrative that he has a massive hole in his game.

who is the best grappler he has faced? I think Kelvin has 5-6 fights at 185 and the only person he even tried a takedown against was izzy. brunson has a sub 30% TD% and didn't have a td in 8 of his previous 9 fights before izzy (only person he got down was Silva). 

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

LHW. It's been a long time (if ever) since we've seen Jones fight someone whose striking is on a level as high as Adesanya's. and I don't think Jones has ever fought someone whose mental game in the ring is as good as his own. Adesanya would be. That's why I think he has a legit chance to beat Jones, especially with the timidity he's shown lately.

I’m not saying its a massive hole like the masses have said but you cant deny that moving up in weight class vs a guy much stronger than anyone else he’s faced simply because of the weight class. It does need to be mentioned.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

C'mon now... Bones clowns Izzy. Let's stop with the nonsense. 

This. Everyone thinks Jon is falling off because he fought Thiago so conservatively. The thing is, Thiago is probably the 2nd best LHW in the UFC. He throws bombs and is easily a top 3 grappler in the class.

When Jon gets his hands on Izzy.... IT IS ALL OVER.

• Like 1