MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I think many have overrated Nate based on his 2 fights with Conor.  He is 19-11 for a reason.  He is also 3-4 in his last 7.  One of those 3 wins was against a washed up Gray Maynard.  The dude is a tough out because he is "tough"  guy.  He is long, has a nice jab and boxing skillset...excellent BJJ practitioner, and can take a beating.  Those are very positive attributes to have as a fighter.  However, dude has zero defensive skills, and relies too much on his "toughness" to outlast, and get the job done.  Poi.rier has a bit of a suspect chin, but I don't see him losing this one.  Poirier is the better fighter at this time.  The best fighter doesn't always win...but I would be surprised if Nate won.

I get that, i just think stylistically he matches up well with Dustin. The fact his chin is suspect is enough to make me concerned because Nate has cardio for days and can be relentless and come with a flurry and still maintain his tank. I think Dustin is the favorite and he should be but i wouldnt be surprised if Nate won at all

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that, i just think stylistically he matches up well with Dustin. The fact his chin is suspect is enough to make me concerned because Nate has cardio for days and can be relentless and come with a flurry and still maintain his tank. I think Dustin is the favorite and he should be but i wouldnt be surprised if Nate won at all

A bad matchup for Dustin is someone with one punch KO power.  That's not Nate.  However, I do agree that if his cardio is on point, he may be able to take the fight into deep waters, where anything may happen.  By that point (if that happens) he will probably be pretty beat up.

Lmao Nate. What a baby. If you manage to win this fight against Poirier, you instantly cut to the front of the line again and set yourself up against Conor for the trilogy/rubber match/title fight, and in the process, make way more than you made previously. Not sure why he'd be THAT mad... It's chess, not checkers bro.

Edited by Re-Drew-Vinated

4 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Lmao Nate. What a baby. If you manage to win this fight against Poirier, you instantly cut to the front of the line again and set yourself up against Conor for the trilogy/rubber match/title fight, and in the process, make way more than you made previously. Not sure why he'd be THAT mad... It's chess, not checkers bro.

This is why i want Dustin to win so badly. Ferguson has been waiting for his shot and i want him to get it