All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Guess they must have finally paid for his flight.

(Inside joke, but not really.  Honkey is notorious for taking the Mania appearance payday and showing up and eating the bejesus out of the free food and open bar.)

If anyone other than Lawler or Jimmy Hart induct him, someone needs to be taken out behind the shed and given the Ol' Yeller treatment.

I think DDP or Greg Valentine could work. (DDP was his driver)

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

(Inside joke, but not really.  Honkey is notorious for taking the Mania appearance payday and showing up and eating the bejesus out of the free food and open bar.)

It comes out their check you freakin mark! (starts around the 5:30 mark) xD

Breeze/Harper exchange is hilarious.. Like the best WWE twitter day ever.

I thought Becky Ronda was over. But Becky fires a parting shot for the day.

Becky: "Ron Ron, you still mad, Bro? Just checking because you went full Russo earlier. Wanted to make sure you made it back okay."

i don't get this batista thing at all.  Like he loves flair, legit credits his entire success in the business to him.  He could have easily just beaten up Shawn and had the same reaction and made it make sense

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i don't get this batista thing at all.  Like he loves flair, legit credits his entire success in the business to him.  He could have easily just beaten up Shawn and had the same reaction and made it make sense

You're overthinking this.  It's heel Batista; heel Batista thinks he's better than and above EVERYONE.  Shawn just worked at the beginning the of the fall; if Batista took him out, either Shawn has to worked shoot an injury all the way through Mania (and you know they're going to want him to at least work the pre-show panel) or the logical expectation would be for Shawn to go up against Batista not Hunter.  Flair's a 70-year-old man.  Batista didn't feel properly respected dating back to the Evolution reunion on Smackdown 1000 last year.

Even if it stumbles on a plot hole or two in the initial feed, it's so incredibly easy to spin to keep Hunter the face and make Dave look like even more of the Richard-type heel.  Could literally be pulled off in two promos (one pre-package, one live) that if they're timed correctly pours some major gasoline on this feud and the audience would eat it up.

50 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You're overthinking this.  It's heel Batista; heel Batista thinks he's better than and above EVERYONE.  Shawn just worked at the beginning the of the fall; if Batista took him out, either Shawn has to worked shoot an injury all the way through Mania (and you know they're going to want him to at least work the pre-show panel) or the logical expectation would be for Shawn to go up against Batista not Hunter.  Flair's a 70-year-old man.  Batista didn't feel properly respected dating back to the Evolution reunion on Smackdown 1000 last year.

Even if it stumbles on a plot hole or two in the initial feed, it's so incredibly easy to spin to keep Hunter the face and make Dave look like even more of the Richard-type heel.  Could literally be pulled off in two promos (one pre-package, one live) that if they're timed correctly pours some major gasoline on this feud and the audience would eat it up.

OK have him beat up Vince then.  I still don't like it 

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

OK have him beat up Vince then.  I still don't like it 

If you make Vince a sympathetic character by having him beaten up, Shane would need to get involved. 

Just now, pwny said:

If you make Vince a sympathetic character by having him beaten up, Shane would need to get involved. 

I don't think the people would see him that way after the Becky Kofi thing.  It could even get batista cheers 

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't think the people would see him that way after the Becky Kofi thing.  It could even get batista cheers 

Your saying that like its a good thing. I know heels get cheered but that certainly shouldnt be a goal. Its what made Heel Miz so great. He was so unlikable you just wanted to see him get wrecked.

1 hour ago, KOTN-93 said:

Your saying that like its a good thing. I know heels get cheered but that certainly shouldnt be a goal. Its what made Heel Miz so great. He was so unlikable you just wanted to see him get wrecked.

Wells it's trips tho. He's always the heel anymore.  I can't recall the last time he was a face in ring comp 

On 3/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, pwny said:

I don't think you can make Vince a sympathetic character at this point.  Vince gets cheers when he comes out at this point mostly off of cheap pops (for his theme music and just cuz it's like "ZOMG!  It's Vince!" type pops which are residual stuffs leftover from the AE); basically the same way even people that were booing Roman would still pop for the "Ooooh!" cry ahead of the spear.

But they spent the entire AE and most of the Ruthless Aggression Era establishing, via mostly Vince, that the Authority/Ownership/whathaveyou is the bad guy.  Throw in that the only way they seem to know to get a babyface over nowadays is to run the "versus the Authority" storyline (Daniel Bryan, Roman, Becky... it's basically just a rehashing in various forms of the Stone Cold story arc).

Meanwhile, they seem to have embraced that no matter how heelish they make Hunter because of his known-attachment as the guy behind NXT (and because he's Triple H which has basically achieved him a strata just below Taker and Shawn) he's always going to be cheered.  His wife, they'll boo the living piss out of her, but the fans will cheer Hunter.  So we might, I think, actually see Hunter go over at mania for the first time since he faced Sting (in a match he not-so-arguably should have lost).

Archived