All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They really let Baron freaking Corbin win over Kurt in his final match... wtf

Complain about Corbin specifically if you want (Vince has a Jones for the guy), but Kurt losing while putting over a guy who is going to be on the roster long after him is EXACTLY the way it should have ended.  It's the way every properly brought-in (and Kurt was) veteran wants to go out.  Realistically, Taker shouldn't have worked another match after Roman beat him at Mania.

Retiring veterans should absolutely NOT win their last match.  You go out on your shield/back.

I thought that was a solid Wrestlemania. I don't know that there were any matches that were amazing, Kofi/Bryan was probably the closest, but there weren't any major duds, besides Samoa Joe and Rey Mysterio. But it was better paced than most. I also get why they are trying to draw out the storyline with Becky Lynch, but at the same time, would have been nice if they had ended just with her winning and a clean win.

55 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I thought that was a solid Wrestlemania. I don't know that there were any matches that were amazing, Kofi/Bryan was probably the closest, but there weren't any major duds, besides Samoa Joe and Rey Mysterio. But it was better paced than most. I also get why they are trying to draw out the storyline with Becky Lynch, but at the same time, would have been nice if they had ended just with her winning and a clean win.

Yeah I feel like it was a solid show but idk it seem to lack the hype of previous years? for me, it seemed like most of the matches fell flat outside of the DB vs Kofi match,  like there was no climax to them just a beginning then out of nowhere there's the finish. 

58 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah I feel like it was a solid show but idk it seem to lack the hype of previous years? for me, it seemed like most of the matches fell flat outside of the DB vs Kofi match,  like there was no climax to them just a beginning then out of nowhere there's the finish. 

I thought the Smackdown tag titles match was fun too. Wasn't the most amazing match but it was entertaining for what it was. But yeah, Kofi vs. DB was probably the only true great match. Miz and Shane was entertaining too for the spots, which is to be expected with a Shane match.

Samoa Joe vs. Mysterio should have just went on the pre-show if that's how short of a match it was gonna be. I missed most of the Balor/Lashley match as I stepped away for a few minutes, but I'm guessing that match wasn't anything special. Good to see Finn win though, as unsurprising as it was.

Overall, not the worst Mania but I'm doubtful it will go down as a truly memorable one.

decent mania. just didn't like revival losing, sucks they keep making the tag titles irrelevant like that. also really wish new day turned on kofi to have bryan retain. would've made kofi that much bigger and bryan's heel champ run should've gone longer imo. kofi getting screwed at mania makes him bigger than getting the belt at mania imo. only 2 things i really didn't like. was also kinda hoping charlotte got the dub, the boos would've been wild. not mad at a becky win tho. 

I'm really disappointed Becky didn't get the moment she deserved. Winning the titles in a bad match, with a dead/exhausted crowd after a 7 hour show with a horrible finish really hurt what should've been a special moment.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I thought the Smackdown tag titles match was fun too. Wasn't the most amazing match but it was entertaining for what it was. But yeah, Kofi vs. DB was probably the only true great match. Miz and Shane was entertaining too for the spots, which is to be expected with a Shane match.

Samoa Joe vs. Mysterio should have just went on the pre-show if that's how short of a match it was gonna be. I missed most of the Balor/Lashley match as I stepped away for a few minutes, but I'm guessing that match wasn't anything special. Good to see Finn win though, as unsurprising as it was.

Overall, not the worst Mania but I'm doubtful it will go down as a truly memorable one.

yeah something was missing that makes it WRESTLEMANIA but overall I can't complain too much. It also seems like the latter half of the card was probably rushed.

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

decent mania. just didn't like revival losing, sucks they keep making the tag titles irrelevant like that. also really wish new day turned on kofi to have bryan retain. would've made kofi that much bigger and bryan's heel champ run should've gone longer imo. kofi getting screwed at mania makes him bigger than getting the belt at mania imo. only 2 things i really didn't like. was also kinda hoping charlotte got the dub, the boos would've been wild. not mad at a becky win tho. 

Obviously I could be wrong, but I suspect DB will regain the title back sooner than later. I think they wanted to give the crowd a feel good story by having Kofi win, but I kind of doubt they plan on giving him a long title run. But we'll see. I'm happy for Kofi, but I wanted to see DB keep the belt for a little longer. I was suspicious as to how well he'd work as a heel, but he's done a good job with his new character.

Part of me wishes the New Day would split up as well, but I have a feeling Vince might be unwilling to split them up for as long as he can get fans to keep spending money on their merchandise. They've been a fun faction, but their gimmick got stale years ago, IMO.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Obviously I could be wrong, but I suspect DB will regain the title back sooner than later. I think they wanted to give the crowd a feel good story by having Kofi win, but I kind of doubt they plan on giving him a long title run. But we'll see. I'm happy for Kofi, but I wanted to see DB keep the belt for a little longer. I was suspicious as to how well he'd work as a heel, but he's done a good job with his new character.

Part of me wishes the New Day would split up as well, but I have a feeling Vince might be unwilling to split them up for as long as he can get fans to keep spending money on their merchandise. They've been a fun faction, but their gimmick got stale years ago, IMO.

yeah the rumor was Kofi could get a 4 month run till summerslam. Then the belt will be put on a big name because of the Fox deal...Hi Roman

What a dud. The only match worth watching was Kofi/Bryan. The women deserved a better finish than that and we all did. Even if it wasn't botched, and even if Ronda hadn't broken her hand, or Charlotte didn't hurt her knee from the spanish fly, you're telling me you are ending a half year program on a 7.5 hour mega event in front of 82k people with a god damn roll up? The main event of wrestlemania should be sacred, end it cleanly. 

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

tru, if you weren't going to give becky an actual moment, might as well garner nuclear heat on charlotte 

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

I am willing to bet the joe/rey match wasn't initially supposed to be a squash and was changed during the show 

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

Complain about Corbin specifically if you want (Vince has a Jones for the guy), but Kurt losing while putting over a guy who is going to be on the roster long after him is EXACTLY the way it should have ended.  It's the way every properly brought-in (and Kurt was) veteran wants to go out.  Realistically, Taker shouldn't have worked another match after Roman beat him at Mania.

Retiring veterans should absolutely NOT win their last match.  You go out on your shield/back.

I agree, I just wish it was someone else in the match because I just feel so meh about Corbin and this dates back to NXT. But I get it from a storyline standpoint 

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

let him put over mcintyre or elias imo. hell even do andrade or rusev on some cross-promotion **** since they just wanna waste them in silly tag's and battle royales. i don't get the corbin appeal and i think very few give af about him even as a heal. maybe not tho i only watch like twice a month. 

also speaking of mcintyre, a 4th thing that i didn't get was a roman/mcintyre match.. i get they wanted roman on the card... but do anything else besides suck the momentum out of drew.. i dunno man. mostly good decisions yesterday, but some were rough. 

Archived