All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, pwny said:

After the show, Dean came out and said goodbye. 

Good to know. I was curious if they were going to continue anything with the last match since he is under contract a few more weeks.

I was chatting with a friend who is a big wrestling fan while the last match was going on, he tossed out some options for who would interfere, and did say The Bar. I really think they went with The Bar, not because they were a "great" option, but because they can just show up, ruin the match, and be done. Bray Wyatt comes back and interferes, he has to get into a story with one of the two, Kevin Owens, same thing. Maybe could have brought up the Undisputed Era and not had to put them into a program immediately, but The Bar just work as villains for one night and then done.

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

no way this match happens tonight right? something is up

Anyone who thought that match was getting a clean ending was kidding themselves.

To be honest, I kind of appreciate the cheek in booking it that way.  But then I also love the angle they gone with the Trolly Zayn character - I wish they'd let him ad lib a little bit more but the RAW/Smackdown crowds after Mania (and how smark-laden they are) are some of the very few crowds you can legitimately rip on in a worked shoot that don't actually hurt the business; past that they're going to have to tread carefully and choose their words carefully.  But it is, after all, professional wrestling where heels have a history of tearing down fans.

There's a very real part of me that hopes they let Sami take it in the direction of ripping on fans/crowds for trying to hijack shows like the RAW after Mania - as has been tradition of late.

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Sami looked bigger to me as well. 

How long is Becky going to carry both belts?

and wtf Taker? Lol. I get it, have a big name on the RAW after Mania but you have him out and no Roman, Braun, or Drew at all?

Roman was getting protected from a smark crowd.  Per my friend that was actually there, who I trust implicitly on stuff like this, Roman's crowd response at Mania was a mix of cheers and just kind of malaise-ish silence (lots of people were dead with it coming on the heels of Kofi's win), and then people in the top sections were trying to get the wave going during his and Drew's match and when folks in the lower sections (where my friend was seated) wouldn't go along with it, those people got booed.

Taker apparently is a couple hairline inches shy of rocking a skullet.

And if I were to bet, Becky gets cashed in on by whoever wins the women's MITB case pretty soon after they win the case.  Depending on how things shake out, I could see that person beign Ruby Riott (or Sasha if her recent IG post was a worked shoot alluding to a possible upcoming heel turn).  Having a heel cash in on her after she's been through a war with someone else helps Becky save face (a la Cena getting cashed in on by Edge).

What I really want to know is what the hell are they doing with this whole Bray and the Dark Crystal puppet in a box bit?

44 minutes ago, The LBC said:

What I really want to know is what the hell are they doing with this whole Bray and the Dark Crystal puppet in a box bit?

He cheated on his wife. Now he gets to try to get over with the evil gobblety gooker. 

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Anyone who thought that match was getting a clean ending was kidding themselves.

I wasn’t watching, but when I got the notification about it, I worked myself. Thought about how they just unified the women’s titles and figured they were gonna have Kofi job to do it.

Would be prime Vince to take the belt off Kofi after one day to unite the belt.

Glad I was wrong. 

11 hours ago, pwny said:

He cheated on his wife. Now he gets to try to get over with the evil gobblety gooker. 

At least he's having a Brayby with the woman he cheated with... and that was 2 years ago, not that it makes it any better.

Interestingly, have you seen the pictures of his new do?  He's almost rocking a Braun style haircut now (except with the ponytail being one of dreads).  He's like a husky (pun intended) version of the Cyrax and Sektor for Mortal Kombat.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

At least he's having a Brayby with the woman he cheated with... and that was 2 years ago, not that it makes it any better.

Interestingly, have you seen the pictures of his new do?  He's almost rocking a Braun style haircut now (except with the ponytail being one of dreads).  He's like a husky (pun intended) version of the Cyrax and Sektor for Mortal Kombat.

I'm gonna mark out whenever Bray finally returns. He's been one of my favorites ever since his debut. Hopefully WWE will utilize him properly when he returns, but I won't get my hopes up. It still baffles me how much they've screwed up his time in WWE. Great on the mic, natural charisma, and is good in the ring.

Archived