All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

When people say, and I say, forced down our throats, I'm referring not to title wins, that's fairly irrelevant with that. What I'm talking about is whose music ends the show, because that's who they want you to remember. A lot of the times that has been Reigns. And the reason that we don't have Reigns holding the title right now is that Lesnar resigned with the WWE. They've repeatedly tried to build Roman up to pull the plug on him getting the title each time because a lot of fans boo him. It doesn't have anything to do with holding the title, it has everything to do with them trying to get us to like him.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

When people say, and I say, forced down our throats, I'm referring not to title wins, that's fairly irrelevant with that. What I'm talking about is whose music ends the show, because that's who they want you to remember. A lot of the times that has been Reigns. And the reason that we don't have Reigns holding the title right now is that Lesnar resigned with the WWE. They've repeatedly tried to build Roman up to pull the plug on him getting the title each time because a lot of fans boo him. It doesn't have anything to do with holding the title, it has everything to do with them trying to get us to like him.

Exactly. Its like when Cesaro was smoking hot, with Cesaro Sections popping up everywhere. They had a tournament, Roman crushed him, went on to win the title. Cesaro was put in feud with Shamus, then stuck in the tag division.

Roman gets booed. Vince reforms Shield. Didnt work, so started booking him like hes against Vince and authority figures. Didnt work, so book him as an Underdog type character against Brock. Not working. But theyll continue to give him top billing, title matches and pushing him. While the guys the fans want to back get shuffled off to tag team land like Cesaro Braun and Bray, or midcard territory like Seth Finn and Miz.

21 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

can we stop the "Roman is being forced down out throats" narrative?

They guy has talent, but has consistently been booked to lose big matches, chase the title without winning, or when he does, he loses it within a month. I think during this 4 year stretch of him "being forced down our throats" hes been the main champ for 3 or 4 months?

I mean the guy gets screen time every week, but so do a number of other guys and they dont draw the heat.

what is being forced down our throats is Brock lesnar and his 400 day, 6 title defense reign. Its enough already.  

He’s main evented the last 4 Manias. Fair or not, the crowd has rejected him ( for the record, I’m not a Reigns hater) and despite all of this they continued to push their agenda and still had the ME nobody wanted to see. Reigns is being forced on us.

45 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

He’s main evented the last 4 Manias. Fair or not, the crowd has rejected him ( for the record, I’m not a Reigns hater) and despite all of this they continued to push their agenda and still had the ME nobody wanted to see. Reigns is being forced on us.

2 of those he lost, one was against the undertaker and everyone thought it was his last match, and the one time he won the belt at mania 1/2 the roster was hurt and mania was put together with duct tape. 

since he beat the Undertaker at Mania 33, Reigns has won the main event of 2 pay per views. The most recent, backlash, and the Elimination chamber match. He's been booked pretty weak since then.

Payback - Loss to Braun Stroman
Extreme Rules - Lost a 6 pack challenge for the #1 contender
Great Balls of Fire - Lost an Ambulance match to Braun Stroman
SummerSlam - Lost a Fatal 4 way match
No Mercy - Beat Jon Cena
TLC - no show
Survivor Series - No Show
Royal Rumble - Eliminated
Elimination Chamber - Won
Wrestlemania - Lost and was left Bloody
Greatest Royal Rumble - Lost a Cage match
Backlash - Beat Samoa Joe

His Pay Per View Record since the Undertaker win is 3-7 with 2 no shows from sickness. Hes had 3 one of one main events, and been in 3 others. His main event record is 2-4 

Braun Stroman has been pushed twice as much as Reigns has. And I am fine with it, but the wwe universe needs to get over Reigns winning the 2015 Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryon. That is the main thing that started all this. Reigns had been moving up the ladder to an eventual win, and fans wanted to see DB win. They are still holding a grudge, and Vince refuses to just own it and turn reigns heel. 

45 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

2 of those he lost, one was against the undertaker and everyone thought it was his last match, and the one time he won the belt at mania 1/2 the roster was hurt and mania was put together with duct tape. 

since he beat the Undertaker at Mania 33, Reigns has won the main event of 2 pay per views. The most recent, backlash, and the Elimination chamber match. He's been booked pretty weak since then.

Payback - Loss to Braun Stroman
Extreme Rules - Lost a 6 pack challenge for the #1 contender
Great Balls of Fire - Lost an Ambulance match to Braun Stroman
SummerSlam - Lost a Fatal 4 way match
No Mercy - Beat Jon Cena
TLC - no show
Survivor Series - No Show
Royal Rumble - Eliminated
Elimination Chamber - Won
Wrestlemania - Lost and was left Bloody
Greatest Royal Rumble - Lost a Cage match
Backlash - Beat Samoa Joe

His Pay Per View Record since the Undertaker win is 3-7 with 2 no shows from sickness. Hes had 3 one of one main events, and been in 3 others. His main event record is 2-4 

Braun Stroman has been pushed twice as much as Reigns has. And I am fine with it, but the wwe universe needs to get over Reigns winning the 2015 Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryon. That is the main thing that started all this. Reigns had been moving up the ladder to an eventual win, and fans wanted to see DB win. They are still holding a grudge, and Vince refuses to just own it and turn reigns heel. 

Being forced is more than just wins and losses, it’s the MEs and top positions. 

I personally think Reigns’ problems are

1. He used to be a face that told jokes, and now he’s a face that they want to get sympathy. None of which are him. He needs to be a no nonsense badass. 

2.  The way he’s booked in his matches is real Cena-esque, when Cena was champ forever. We don’t want to see him get beat up the entire match, hit a Superman punch and spear to win. We’ve seen it before and there’s a large portion of us who didn’t like it. John is way more charismatic/ likeable than Roman will ever be, and had the younger kids, women etc to cheer for him. 

Honestly, Idt it’d be hard ‘fixing’ Reigns at all. If they let him (and others) get over by their wrestling a bit more, and stop handicapping faces it’d solve a ton of issues. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I didnt get back into wrestling until DB was already retired. Never saw him wrestle before. And it took notime to see Roman was being pushed as the new Cena.

But still. The point remains. If people are walking out of his matches, if ratings are dropping and all else. Why does the WWE keep pushing the same thing over and over and expecting better results? The avg age of the WWE fanbase has more than doubled over the past 15 years. Meaning they arnt grabbing new fans or keeping youths attention.

You mentioned "Since his victory over Taker". He was hated that match, hated since. Yet still was found in 6 other Main Events at PPVs, including Mania? Regardless of seeing him being overpushed or not. If things are going south with the wrestling fanbase. Why arnt changes made? Why do they insist on sticking with a formula that clearly isnt working or connecting with fans?

Checked out TNA. DJZima and Eli Drake are both larger guys than Scott Steiner now. Moose has slimmed and toned and actually looks like he could be upper-mid/HW contender in WWE. And Tessa...  Shes looking like Chynas mini-me.

Mainly watched to see Scott Steiner wrestle. Thought it might be nostalgic, but kinda just made me feel sad and old. lol

14 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Best of Super Juniors started today.

Ospreay vs Ishimori was awesome, Will is on fire. 4.5 stars 

Flip Gordon vs ACH another crazy good match. 4 stars. Flip is gonna be real good.

I havent seen Ospreay wrestle but once the past year. Last I saw he had tons of talent, but was still raw as fresh roadkill. Has he been progressing on things like selling and storytelling in the ring?

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I havent seen Ospreay wrestle but once the past year. Last I saw he had tons of talent, but was still raw as fresh roadkill. Has he been progressing on things like selling and storytelling in the ring?

This is his best year already. He had two fantastic matches with Kushida and Scurll thst are two of the best this year. His match with Hiromu was very good, as well as the one today.

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I saw Flip vs like.... Tony Nese at an evolve show a year and a half ago and was really not impressed but he's clearly blown up since then. It was a squash sort of too. 

Flip still has a long way to go, but his athleticism is insane. Had his best match vs ACH today. 

Currently catching up on Okada ZSJ. Decent so far.

Start of the match. Said Okada won the belt June 2016 and this is his 11th title defense. To tie the record for 1 reign. Why I like Brocks time with the belt. Belt shouldnt be some cheap hot potato which random guys get tossed at 20 times a year. Its something to be earned.

EDIT: Said "Decent so far". Thats what the opening minutes were like. My goodness did they ever pour it on, minute by minute the match got better. Incredible match. Could be the most exhausting match Ive ever seen with what Okada went through.  30 mins deep and hes carrying ZSJs weight around on so many holds for long durations.

On 5/16/2018 at 7:53 AM, pollino14 said:

Idk why they’re doing this to Carmella, she’s a freakin heat magnet. She’s doing a great job imo. 

You guys realize she can lose and still keep the belt right? 

Loving what Smackdown is doing with the women's division. The Iconics are HAWT!!

Also the Shinsuke AJ Styles feud needs to end. It's run it's coarse. Shinsuke is a great heel. Let him go pick on someone else for awhile!

Archived