All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

On 11/24/2018 at 3:06 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Outside Rocks "this is your life". Sable and other women brought in the highest rated segments weekly.

Im not the minority. Im the forgotten and kicked to the curb Majority.

i ain't gonna say you're lying but i don't think i believe it. you're definitely the minority, no one ever paid attention to jazz vs torrie wilson or whatever crap 3 minute match they touted as wrestling. i understand why some men prefer women to be nothing but easy on the eyes but it was never a legitimately interesting bit of the product. 

women's wrestling now has talent that can carry an entire show. thank god for lynch/rousey or WWE would be a real boring product currently 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

i ain't gonna say you're lying but i don't think i believe it. you're definitely the minority, no one ever paid attention to jazz vs torrie wilson or whatever crap 3 minute match they touted as wrestling. i understand why some men prefer women to be nothing but easy on the eyes but it was never a legitimately interesting bit of the product. 

women's wrestling now has talent that can carry an entire show. thank god for lynch/rousey or WWE would be a real boring product currently 

I use to have an article that showed how each womens segment dominated a lot of the Attitude Era Raws. Cant find it anymore. You advertise a Stacy Trish B&P match all week, of course it was going to dominate.

That Becky Lynch stuff. She seems good in her new role, great attitude and tweets coming from her. But I cant understand much of what shes saying when on air. People mistake me all the time for a Jamaican accent. And shes Welsh or something. I said before, sounds to me like shes just come from the dentist and still has those cotton bars in her mouth. I just dont make out all the words.

But overall for the product. They can still make it PG while pushing looks like Mandys in a heel Trish type way and such moves. Otherwise it takes Charlotte/Sasha level of matches to keep my interest. Which in other promotions like LU wed call a "standard womens match". But thats an issue WWE has on both sides, Mens and Womens.

All in all though. Their target is young people but the adv age of their audience has Doubled over the years with youth not tuning in.  And trying to get youth into watching should be their goal. You want 9 to16 year olds to get into watching. Even with PG, it doesnt hurt to have attractive women helping pull viewers. Its a formula thats always worked. Beverly Hillbillies, I dream of Genie, 3s Company and all used it in innocent PG ways and it always helped.

According to a study conducted by Magna Global for the Sports Business Journal, the median age of pro wrestling TV viewers jumped from 28 in 2000 to 54 in 2016, marking the biggest increase during that span out of the 25 sports analyzed in the study.

That begs the question: Why?

In 2008, WWE officially transitioned to a PG rating, so logic would suggest the move from TV-14 to a more kid friendly PG rating would equal a lower average and/or median age for pro wrestling, specifically WWE, viewers. However, the exact opposite has been the case, and there's no concrete answer as to why a PG product that is meant to appeal to kids, well, apparently isn't doing that.

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

How dare you leave out the Queen. 

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

The rise of Becky has been a highlight of the year in 2018. She's took the ball and really rolled with it. 

Absolutely. Her and Rousey are just fantastic. Charlotte, while her character can be stale, is the best in the ring. If they can get to a Lynch/Charlotte/Rousey triple threat at Mania somehow, it gets complicated with Rousey on Raw and the other two on SD but it's doable with the RR, that should absolutely close the show. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

Absolutely. Her and Rousey are just fantastic. Charlotte, while her character can be stale, is the best in the ring. If they can get to a Lynch/Charlotte/Rousey triple threat at Mania somehow, it gets complicated with Rousey on Raw and the other two on SD but it's doable with the RR, that should absolutely close the show. 

With smackdown going to fox they're gonna want star power. So I could see having all 3 on sd. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Vince to appear on raw and make a announcement that will shake things up....

i think he is going to step down and hand over control.

he might decide to focus his energy on the XFL 

Lowest all time ratings the past couple weeks. So Vince makes an appearance.

Ill bank on new GM announced. Some fussing and whining follows that lands Corbin in a match. And something "REVOLUTIONARY" is announced for the women... Tag titles, Queen of the Ring Tourney. Something stupid like that which doesnt amount to tackling the slightest blip in the major issues with their programing.

Archived