All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Raw had a champ for a few months 

Yeah, this really sucks. Hopefully we get a Dean/Seth rivalry going, that has some potential. Also would like to see some more of Drew in the main event scene. It’s just annoying at this point and i like Brock more than most i feel like.

So in review they built a couple hours of a show around having a tournament to have it won by someone not in the tournament.  I can't even anymore... 

It's a damn shame. The opening rounds and tag team match were good enough for the event not to be a joke even with the stupid Lesnar decision 

Any word on the buy rate for crown jewel yet? I usually don't get into the political stuff (the NFL kneeling thing I didn't care about at all) but there is no reason they should have continued with this show (or the Saudi deal at all for that matter) and I hope it didn't sell crap

35 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Any word on the buy rate for crown jewel yet? I usually don't get into the political stuff (the NFL kneeling thing I didn't care about at all) but there is no reason they should have continued with this show (or the Saudi deal at all for that matter) and I hope it didn't sell crap

Dunno.  Buy rate wasn't going to affect them, tbh.  They inked either a 7 or 10-year deal with the Saudis, a lot of which was paid in advance.  It's really a case of how many of their normal advertisers gave them stick over it - plus I think they're going to see a decrease in the willingness of older/previous talent to come back and work for them (for the nostalgia stuffs) because of this, unless they absolutely need the payday.  (I'm actually curious because we haven't heard a peep one way or the other out of him, on where Rock lands on this because that could be a major moving piece.)

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I just moved to the PNW and have no idea if there's a wrestling scene here. 

DEFY Wrestling is the promotion to follow, because they're the ones getting the indie names you're going to be familiar with.

But you can likely get away with following the @PNW_Wrestling twitter account for updates on all the shows in the region (from Portland north to BC).

21 hours ago, The LBC said:

DEFY Wrestling is the promotion to follow, because they're the ones getting the indie names you're going to be familiar with.

But you can likely get away with following the @PNW_Wrestling twitter account for updates on all the shows in the region (from Portland north to BC).

Word, I live less than a mile from the next DEFY show in Portland. Only name they have announced thus far is Matt Cross, tho. Sold either way

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Word, I live less than a mile from the next DEFY show in Portland. Only name they have announced thus far is Matt Cross, tho. Sold either way

They've booked Pentagon, Riddle, Cage, Flip Gordon, Aries, Shane Strickland (was their champion earlier this year, not sure anymore) all this year.  And they have partnerships with The Crash and Progress.  So they definitely pull (and are willing to pay to book) great talent.

Archived