All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Well, i was going to be curious if there was anything worth watching from it, now I know the answer is no. it also makes me care less that they kept an event there simply because it was a joke event. Just have some of the legends do these joke events from time to time and stop pretending it is a big event.

I do find it hilarious that whenever Vince does his "screw all the haters" style booking now, he basically ends up just sticking both feet in his mouth and managing to still scream, "I'm proving to you how much of a self-center dipstick I am!"  Such a child and at this point I'd genuinely enjoy seeing the shareholders actually vote no-confidence in him.

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That brothers of destruction vs DX match was Wrestlemania worthy, idk why they burned it there

From a name standpoint sure but that match was scary bad. Someone could have got seriously hurt. I legit feel bad for watching it. 

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That brothers of destruction vs DX match was Wrestlemania worthy, idk why they burned it there

Why they burned it there?  $$$

Shawn got paid over  $1 million for that match by the Saudis, alone.

It's probably burned for Mania now because Hunter looks like he legitimately hurt himself in that match.

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

From a name standpoint sure but that match was scary bad. Someone could have got seriously hurt. I legit feel bad for watching it. 

Taker and Kane have no business in that ring anymore. They are as stiff as boards. It's darn painful trying to watch The Undertaker in the ring. Trips looked to have legitimately hurt himself early in the match the way he was carrying his arm so that made his movements look way worse then usual. Shawn looked ok for his first match back. I feel like he could still put on a terrific match and I really hope he gets to work with an AJ Styles or Seth Rollins. 

What an epically terrible show. AJ/Joe barely got 10 minutes, Brock is champ again and Shane McMahon is the “Best in the World.” I’m not sure if you could book it worse if you actively tried.

And lol at DX. Two bald guys in their 50s, one of whom is even COO in kayfabe. Hilarious anti-establishment faction.

5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Taker and Kane have no business in that ring anymore. They are as stiff as boards. It's darn painful trying to watch The Undertaker in the ring. Trips looked to have legitimately hurt himself early in the match the way he was carrying his arm so that made his movements look way worse then usual. Shawn looked ok for his first match back. I feel like he could still put on a terrific match and I really hope he gets to work with an AJ Styles or Seth Rollins. 

I’m excited to watch him wrestle Lesnar at the Rumble.

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WWE needs to have Lesnar drop the belt on Raw to someone like Seth Rollins. 

Raw has become unwatchable. It’s been a few years since the last title change on Raw  

After he literally just buried Braun?  They're not doing that.  Lesnar has, from what I've read, two more contracted appearances/matches with WWE (and still hasn't actually signed with UFC; won't be eligible to fight until January at the earliest there, IIRC).  One of those will be against AJ at Survivor Series.  The other?  Either Mania or Royal Rumble.

Also, apparently the plan from jump (i.e. when they decided they were going to do a "World Cup" Tournament) was for Shane to win "Best in the World," and likely to turn heel.  It's typical Vince logic; if ratings are struggling, shoehorn another McMahon in there as the principal character in the show because that's clearly what everyone's tuning in to see.  The one thing I can say is that, at least with Shane he'll eat his comeuppance on the regular as a heel as opposed to his sister who just buries the babyfaces in promos and then doesn't actually give a payoff but once a year.

Archived