All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

Charlotte is so good.

But is Becky supposed to be coming out to stop this?

Doubt it.

Two possibilities:

1) This was the planned finish had Becky not been injured just with Becky in place of Charlotte - which would mean Vince was still trying to force Becky as a heel and she'd have been cheered the same way Charlotte was (being in the crowd last night, there were so many fans in LA that are wannabe Chicago fans and want so desperately to just crap on anything pushed by the company and/or cheer the heels).

2) Vince figured that if the crowd's going to cheer Becky, he has to turn Charlotte heel because God forbid he let Becky get herself over as a tweener.  "There has to be a babyface and a heel, damnit!"  And my worry now is that they'll over-baby Becky (who likely broke her orbital bone so she's likely going to have the kind of absence from the ring that Aries had when he had a similar injury - won't be surprised if she's out of the ring until the Rumble).

Edit: Assuming it's option 2, and they don't over-baby Becky, I can live with this because heel Charlotte is the better Charlotte than babyface Charlotte.  This just seems really redundant of what they just did with Daniel Bryan on Smackdown, too.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Doubt it.

Two possibilities:

1) This was the planned finish had Becky not been injured just with Becky in place of Charlotte - which would mean Vince was still trying to force Becky as a heel and she'd have been cheered the same way Charlotte was (being in the crowd last night, there were so many fans in LA that are wannabe Chicago fans and want so desperately to just crap on anything pushed by the company and/or cheer the heels).

2) Vince figured that if the crowd's going to cheer Becky, he has to turn Charlotte heel because God forbid he let Becky get herself over as a tweener.  "There has to be a babyface and a heel, damnit!"  And my worry now is that they'll over-baby Becky (who likely broke her orbital bone so she's likely going to have the kind of absence from the ring that Aries had when he had a similar injury - won't be surprised if she's out of the ring until the Rumble).

Edit: Assuming it's option 2, and they don't over-baby Becky, I can live with this because heel Charlotte is the better Charlotte than babyface Charlotte.  This just seems really redundant of what they just did with Daniel Bryan on Smackdown, too.

Any chance she flips to Raw?

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Any chance she flips to Raw?

Doubt it, unless Shane fires/trades her for "sabotaging" the match.

Honestly, I think it's more likely they eventually bring Ronda to Smackdown (probably post-Mania) whenever Smackdown moves to FOX; in fact, I'd be pretty certain Fox stipulated that.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I'm sure he's fine, but watching this is unsettling.

Yup.  And it may not be, but the timing of this can't help but feel like this is Vince giving Daniel another (low class) receipt for saying he wouldn't work Crown Jewel.

Sounding like the January Performance Center class is going to be stacked: Shane Strickland/Killshot, Trevor Lee, Silas Young (if anyone doesn't watch ROH regularly, this guy is the epitome of what you want in a mid-card heel, just absolutely incredible at it), really good chance they're finally getting Rachel Evers (back), and from what I've been hearing from the folks that have him regularly booked around the West Coast it's 50/50 on Jeff Cobb at this point (sounding like he's either going to do a year of Japan bookings and some EVOLVE stuff and then come in or he may just go straight in).

from what i have read, Vince has really liked the job that Lynch is doing, and he is thinking about an angle where Lynch gives up the belt due to injuries and wins the Royal Rumble, and then challenges Rousey. I even read that Vince is thinking about having Lynch vs Rousey headline Mania. 

I am good with that. But if they are going to do that, they need to tone down the WWE and Universal championship matches a little. I would like to see The Miz vs DB. Its a Mania worthy rivalry, but wouldn't carry with it the over shadowing of the woman's match. I would also like to see Rollins vs Balor for the universal match. Same concept. It would be a great match but wouldnt be the talked up match of the night. 

Miz and Lynch both winning the Rumble after Raw just went 6-0 against Smackdown would bring some balance. Auska and Miz could easily defeat Moon and Stroman by having Asuka pin moon in the match. That puts Miz and Auska at number 30 at the rumble, a role that Miz would play perfetly. 

On 11/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Brandi vs Stella Grey... Lawler along with any man that remembers how good womens wrestling use to be. Would be proud of that one.

5* quality. 1* for the match, 4 extra for neverending wedgies.

p sure you're in a pretty strong minority here 

Archived