Which team can really elevate at the draft?

Humble_Beast

Which team do you think can really elevate with a strong draft?

browns - two top 5 picks... enough said.. 

any team who drafts a qb high and it pans out. Usually a good qb can turn a franchise around... 

dark horse: Raiders - just a year ago they were the darlings of the NFL. They had a bad 2017 and everyone forgot about them or mocks them with the Gruden hire. But this team has 11 draft picks and a top ten pick in every round.. with the core still in tact (Carr, Lynch, Cooper, strong Oline, Mack, Irvin) with a strong draft this team could emerge to a contender... 

what team can you see elevate with a strong 2018 NFL Draft?

I mean considering we just appeared in the last Super Bowl and won the Super Bowl before that (and the one two Super Bowls before that) it's hard to say the Patriots could elevate. But this is a really deep draft and for the first time in awhile they have 4 picks in the top 2 rounds. By comparison last year they didn't have a pick till the third round and the year before that they  didn't have a pick until the late 2nd. 

They could seriously have a big influx of young talent. They already have Rivers coming back who if his injury didn't derail him could be huge. I could see them making some serious moves. This is the most well positioned they've been to make a splash in years. 

Well technically speaking every team in the league could really elevate with a strong draft. Even the least talented teams in the league would become a playoff contenders if they have a draft like the Saints did last year that consisted of 5 instant contributors in 7 picks.

Realistically though, an average draft will only consist of 2 consistent starters/contributors per team on a good year.

With that said, I guess the best way to look at this question would be - which team would benefit the most if they happen to nail 2 key players in positions that they will realistically target? (i.e you can't list the Bengals or Ravens taking a QB in the draft and replacing Dalton/Flacco because it's not realistic)

Off the top of my head, my answer to that would be either; the Chargers, Packers, Raiders, Steelers and Falcons. All 5 of those teams are only couple of pieces away from being a true legit contender.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They have 3 2nd round picks and even though they have a lot of holes, if they can get their QB at 6

Colts will take Nelson/Chubb/Barkely or trade back, they're not drafting a QB at 6. They'd rather wait to grab Luck's replacment with their first overall pick in the 2020 draft.

There are many ? surrounding Luck but I doubt the Colts pick a QB at 6. I do expect they draft 1 this weekend but not at 6.

To answer the ? I'm going to say the Browns. 2 picks in top 4. Despite being 0-16 last yr. they still have the makings of a good young team, do those 2 picks right and I can see them being much better next year. 

22 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Lets calm down on Cleveland. They've been in this position so many times and haven't done anything about other than waste careers.

“Which team can really elevate at the draft?”

It makes total sense that the team with perhaps the most to grow and with by far the most ammo, has the greatest possibility of growth. Their past has nothing to do with this draft or this GM.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

“Which team can really elevate at the draft?”

It makes total sense that the team with perhaps the most to grow and with by far the most ammo, has the greatest possibility of growth. Their past has nothing to do with this draft or this GM.

Requires zero thought. They only need to win a couple games to elevate from 0-16. Boooooring!!

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Lets calm down on Cleveland. They've been in this position so many times and haven't done anything about other than waste careers.

Sure, as a franchise. Now their front office is the Cleveland Packers. This is a big draft for them.

I feel like the Broncos have the best shot at elevating their standing through the draft.  Keenum has proven that he can get a team pretty far, so if the Broncos don't take a QB and instead add either another difference maker on defense or an elite offensive lineman to protect Keenum, I think they will be right back to competing for their division title. 

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Requires zero thought. They only need to win a couple games to elevate from 0-16. Boooooring!!

Boring...but true. But here are some other teams IMO that can really flip their fortunes with a strong draft: 

Buffalo: They’ve got plenty of picks and if they can get a quarterback without giving too much up (all their tops picks this year or a future first) then they can start looking to add to a team that really overachieved with their coach. Adding talent to that mix might keep them in playoff contention - but only with a new quarterback. 

NYJ - Another team with a plethora of picks and a need at QB. The Jets were expected by some to go 0-16 (or close to it) and quietly did better than some expected. They have plenty of holes, but actually look good in some spots (their secondary) and have some upside if things fall right. 

Tampa Bay - The dark horse of many 2017 predictions, the Buccaneers underachieved. Having already added pass rushers in FA - with Curry and JPP - the Buccs are in a prime spot to add a secondary piece to their weak back-end. With a bounce back season from Winston and help in the secondary, they might be the playoff contender we thought we’d see last season.

Archived