Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

6 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I figured the PA wouldn't allow too many.  I didn't realize it was always the same, though. 

It's possible that more than 32 player losses would trigger compensatory picks per the formula, they just cut off the 7th round compensatory picks after 32 have been awarded, so that the draft is always* 256 picks long.

*Picks being stripped for disciplinary matters like DeflateGate and picks spent on supplemental draft picks can lead there to be less than 256 in a given draft, otherwise there are always 256.

I don't understand why we are changing our modus operandi with regards to WRs. Ideally you want 6ft shifty types who can separate from defensive backs when Rodgers inevitably scrambles out of the pocket. Rodgers is so careful with the ball he isn't the type to just chuck it up to any tall receiver leaving the ball open to an interception, instead he will be looking for an open guy who has separated from the DB like Driver, Jones, Cobb, Adams.

Drafting taller/fast WRs actually goes against Rodgers playing style imo. Its interesting to see us persevering with these WR types in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't understand why we are changing our modus operandi with regards to WRs. Ideally you want 6ft shifty types who can separate from defensive backs when Rodgers inevitably scrambles out of the pocket. Rodgers is so careful with the ball he isn't the type to just chuck it up to any tall receiver leaving the ball open to an interception, instead he will be looking for an open guy who has separated from the DB like Driver, Jones, Cobb, Adams.

Drafting taller/fast WRs actually goes against Rodgers playing style imo. Its interesting to see us persevering with these WR types in recent years.

I think Moore has the athletic traits to be that shifty player. The other two are definitely tall fast guys.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

All 3 guys we've drafted have the ability to win scramble drills though. They aren't just big tall receivers. They are also pretty exceptional athletes.

13 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I wouldn't be pissed at all if they gambled on Holton Hill or Kevin Toliver in the 7th either. Keep drafting toolsy guys and trying to hit home runs. Save the "safe" guys for UDFA.

Quenton Meeks, Tony Brown or Godwin if they go secondary. Holton Hill is really gonna struggle I reckon. A lot. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Cmon, You think Arod couldn't get used to throwing to big physical Julio Jones type built WR's with speed?

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Cmon, You think Arod couldn't get used to throwing to big physical Julio Jones type built WR's with speed?

Sure but they tend to be first round talents. Nelson was essentially a 1st round talent too. Thats why they're able to do what they do.

Late rounders often can't do what they do. In my view shiftier 6ft WRs is probably the better way to go at this late in the draft. At least their playing styles would blend with Rodgers better.

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Quenton Meeks, Tony Brown or Godwin if they go secondary. Holton Hill is really gonna struggle I reckon. A lot. 

Meeks is only good in the red zone. Tony Brown has all the measurements and that’s it. Holton hill fails drug test too much.

Archived