Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, strat1080 said:

I've been watching football my whole life and I've especially watched our lousy defense year after year. We finally get a chance to draft some blue chip players and our conservative front office trades back into the 20s. We are probably never going to have another opportunity to draft in the Top 20 again.

we will.  Probably when Deshone Kizer is starting QB.

It's possible that Gute wanted to take a CB in the 1st no matter what, and wouldn't have taken James or Edmunds anyway.  So getting a pick in a range where a Jackson or Oliver would be reasonable was a smart move.

Like Edmunds and James are both good football players, but they aren't primarily cover guys.

2 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I've been watching football my whole life and I've especially watched our lousy defense year after year. We finally get a chance to draft some blue chip players and our conservative front office trades back into the 20s. We are probably never going to have another opportunity to draft in the Top 20 again.

You sound like someone who wasn't a GB fan prior to the Favre era.

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

we will.  Probably when Deshone Kizer is starting QB.

Very good point. Just another good example of our idiotic front office. We trade our best corner for a backup QB. Ted Thompson and Gute are basically just in permanent build mode when we have a 1st ballot HOF QB heading towards the end of his prime.

Archived