Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

I want to put something into perspective...

Packers Get: #18, #147, NO '19 1st
Packers Gave: #14, #76, #186

Yeah I'll take it.  Moved down four slots in the first round and gave up a 3rd round for a '19 1st and move up 39 picks from the 6th to 5th.

Like the numbers. When you take the players into account it gets a bit more questionable.

Banking on the Saints regressing next year. 

The New Orleans Saints traded the No. 27 overall pick, a fifth-rounder (No. 147) and their 2019 first-round pick to the Green Bay Packers for the No. 14 overall selection.

The Green Bay Packers traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick (No. 76 overall) and a sixth-rounder (No. 186) to the Seattle Seahawks for the No. 18 overall pick and a seventh-round selection (No. 248).

24 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I've been watching football my whole life and I've especially watched our lousy defense year after year. We finally get a chance to draft some blue chip players and our conservative front office trades back into the 20s. We are probably never going to have another opportunity to draft in the Top 20 again.

We just did

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

5'10 CB.

Everybody saying they didn't want Ward who's psyched about Alexander is lying to themselves. 

Could be worse, we need a guy in the slot. 

He's Ward-lite.  Not sure why he can't play outside though.

I was holding out hope that Ward would magically slide to us.

This has been the most insane first round I can ever remember. What a ride. I was pissed when we traded back but screw it I am on board with whatever Gutey is doing. Looking forward to hearing what they have to say about Alexander in the presser. 

Archived