Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

BTW Chubb is the first guy we didn't bring in for an interview to go Rd1.   So @broncos67 looks like he played that close to the vest, off our prior discussion.

I hope Chark & Ronald Jones are similar smokescreens from our real targets.

I have to admit I was prepared 2 days ago for Elway to draft Josh Allen...so I'm relieved.  The fact we went Chubb even though we didn't bring him for a visit also tells me Elway might be interested in being less transparent - if he can double up on that by NOT going Chark at 2.40, there's real hope.  Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Austin Corbett from Nevada is another guy I'm interested in at 40. Honestly I've got 6 or 7 guys in mind for that pick so no need to trade up.

My only objection is that he's not battle-tested the same way as the SEC/Big 10 guys are.   That matters a lot for trench guys, esp. those who weren't on 'Bama in the SEC (they have such an unfair advantage lol).

But yes, a big no on trading up.   2-3 G's, TE, CB (Oliver, Hughes, etc.) all there.   Wait it out.  3.70 and 3.99 look to have great depth.   If we get lucky, 4.106 and 4.113 could have still great talent.    I will say I will shed a tear on the interior OL run though.   

Just now, broncos67 said:

I want Chark gone before we pick. I think if the RBs are lingering around though, we might just need to grab one.

Agreed on Chark, not high on him at all but the connection of Vance Joseph's brother being his WR coach and the fact we brought him in for a visit scares the crap out of me. I kinda think we wait until our late third rounder or day-3 to get the RB. We've shown interest in some of those kids.

Lamar isnt a sure thing. He has legitimate issues, but I still like him much more than Lynch and think he would be a worthy risk in a trade up. Case is a borderline backup caliber guy, and miles from a guy you can count on being here more than one, maybe two, years. Good chance Lamar is better than any 2019 QB. 

Archived