Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

26 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I disagree 100% Wynn, Hernandez, James, and Ragnow are all day 1 starters. This is the best IOL draft since I’ve been following the draft...1994!

I think Price is in the mix also.

Gotta agree about the talent level. Not sure I've ever seen one this strong and deep in the IOL. Really good ball players.

I suppose I am being too critical of this pick. Basically it would have been my 3rd choice after 1) Rosen 2) Trade down w/ Buff and snag Vita Vea 3) Chubb. 

Just prefer the other values over Chubb. But I do like him over Quenton Nelson. 

A good sign is that Elway saw BPA at a position of not-so-much immediate need as our DL is fairly low on the 'need' chart, and still went with it. Thats a good sign. He is going BPA again, although this could be a exception rather than a rule this early in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Agree to disagree. Fowler was a EDGE and Chubb a 34DE but the fact they are both stout and won splash plays in college on motor, then tested better than expected despite not showing it on film, makes me see two similar prospects. I still think Chris Long is the best comparison, but Fowler has similarities despite playing different positions. 

You act as if motor is a bad thing.  I think your the first person I’ve ever seen complain about a guy playing too hard.

You act as if motor is a bad thing.  I think your the first person I’ve ever seen complain about a guy playing too hard.

I was implying that motor can take you farther in college than in the NFL. He wins on effort more than athleticism, and that works better in college than the pros. Thats all I was implying. I just didnt see him harness his combine measurables on the screen as much as I would like. 

Again, I think he can be a Chris Long level guy. Dont see him quite as bendy and athletically functional as Bosa. That being said, I think we could have gotten a Ngata level talent with a trade back and snagged two R2 picks 

Love, love, love the Chubb pick.  Never dreamt he’d fall to us.  Von Miller just got a lot more productive, which should scare people. Everyone who’s been pounding the table for BPA should be very happy with this pick.  

Now just keep it up.  BPA.  Don’t get locked in to a player or position. Let the Board come to you and take what’s there.  LOTS of great talent on the board 20-50. Please, don’t reach for a project.  2.8 should be a plug and play player. 

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I was implying that motor can take you farther in college than in the NFL. He wins on effort more than athleticism, and that works better in college than the pros. Thats all I was implying. I just didnt see him harness his combine measurables on the screen as much as I would like. 

Again, I think he can be a Chris Long level guy. Dont see him quite as bendy and athletically functional as Bosa. That being said, I think we could have gotten a Ngata level talent with a trade back and snagged two R2 picks 

Haha.  I was just giving you a hard time.  I don’t necessarily disagree.  Chubb isn’t going to be Von Miller.  He’s not a guy that is capable of netting 15+ sacks a year on a yearly basis.

I think he’s a guy that hovers in that 8-12 sacks a year area.  But offers a lot more.  He’s elite vs the run, he’s versatile and can move along the front 4 depending on situation, and he’ll make plays with that effort and motor that won’t show up on the stat sheet.  All the while consistently pressuring the QB, even if he isn’t getting sacks.

Fully worth the #5 pick in the draft.

Archived