Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

So can we now project the starting front 7? Cause I am confused. Does this pick mean Walker is a bust?

Dude. You can't have enough pass rushers. We won the SB because of a bevy of pass rushers. Interior and on the outside. Walker and Chubb do not play similar positions. It will be fine. BPA is the motto when you have a lack of young talent.

Just now, broncos67 said:

Dude. You can't have enough pass rushers. We won the SB because of a bevy of pass rushers. Interior and on the outside. Walker and Chubb do not play similar positions. It will be fine. BPA is the motto when you have a lack of young talent.

Exactly.  Wolfe and Malik played with ware and Von perfectly fine 

Just now, broncos67 said:

Yea, I can't see a reason why Denver has to cut anyone.  Denver got to the SB with rushing the passer. They are building the same defense. The offenses job is not to lose the game and the defense will dominate people

How hard was Vance, aka the great leader of men, pounding the table for Chubb an hour ago?

Elway went with the safe pick, the stud defensive player, won’t argue the pick or it’s value, but if Keenum plays like Keenum and Rosen and/or Allen eventually light it up, how bad will Elway look? 

I love the Chubb pick, 100%, it was the safest pick to make. My only question is what happens if Chubb turns out to be an above-average player and Rosen or Allen end up franchise QBs?

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I disagree 100% Wynn, Hernandez, James, and Ragnow are all day 1 starters. This is the best IOL draft since I’ve been following the draft...1994!

I think you could even throw Crosby and Connor Williams in that mix.  Don’t forget about Billy Price either. 

Ive said it many times, Nelson is 1 hell of a prospect, but there was no value in that selection.  Denver can wait until 40 and get a starter along the interior that has pro bowl upside.  The same can’t be said at DE or edge rusher.

I am lukewarm on this pick. I simply dont think Chubb is a truly elite pass rusher from 34DE. And I simply cant love a pick made when a guy I saw as a franchise QB was available in Rosen. I may be wrong with Rosen, but I have to be honest with my evaluation and I saw a QBOTF. Passing on him because we signed a middling, one year wonder of a QB is foolish IMO. 

Even if not high on Rosen, I would have taken the Bills trade. Take the two R2 picks and you still are going to get Vita Vea at 12, a player I see as more likely to be a top 3 34NT than I see Chubb being a top 3 34DE. I honestly see Vea as Ngata. And with Chubb I see a Chris Long type, good but not elite, and not a guy who maxes his talent at 34DE. 

Not horrible, but I simply dont love it. I would say B-, based more on available options than player talent. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

How hard was Vance, aka the great leader of men, pounding the table for Chubb an hour ago?

Elway went with the safe pick, the stud defensive player, won’t argue the pick or it’s value, but if Keenum plays like Keenum and Rosen and/or Allen eventually light it up, how bad will Elway look? 

I love the Chubb pick, 100%, it was the safest pick to make. My only question is what happens if Chubb turns out to be an above-average player and Rosen or Allen end up franchise QBs?

I think broncos go qb at some point let it play out. This forum is unanimous with the pick don't over think it.

Archived